Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 FUMOFFU - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 6 total items

URanimEnigma

URanimEnigma

No substitute for experience.

Alright. I just spent about 230 dollars on anime in a matter of a week and 2 days. One of the series I bought was Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU. Sure...just what could it mean? It seems that it is an enigma I can not solve. Or I'm just too lazy to try and figure it out. But, does anyone here know if FUMOFFU has anything to do with an implication as to where the development of the story is scripted to go? Or is it just a laugh of a title that was chosen by the 4th episode of Souske disquised as that teddybear? Any hint would be appreciated. If not a hint...who cares? Lets just talk about it.

A writer, like an artist, can create.
An Artist, like a writer, can compose

As far as I know, Fumoffu isn't (generally) considered as FMP's story continuation. -- that is, due to its nature of standalone episodes... @_@ And yep, it is a pure jokes compiled from Sousuke's high-school life :D

Well, you can see that there's no terrorist groups or even Arbalest in Fumoffu; which defies further plot developments. I'd rather say that the FMP story continues in FMP: The Second Raid; it is the 3rd season installment of the series.

URanimEnigma

URanimEnigma

Yeah, I pretty much figured that when I read it in newtype magazine. But, there does seem to be a bit of a story in FUMOFFU. In each episode Kaname gradually becomes a bit more fond of Sousuke. At the very least she shows the side that is attracted to him. I'm only up to episode 12 but, I think it might be that Kaname likes him. Correct me if I'm wrong though. I'll figure it out eventually. Anyhoo. You don't know if the acronym FUMOFFU stands for something...or if it is even an acronym at all?

The word 'Fumoffu' is not an acronym. It comes from the unique speech structure of the series mascot, Bunta-kun (the yellow bear-like thing). Bunta-kun can only pronounce the syllables 'Fu' and 'Mo', the same way pokemon can only pronounce the syllables of their own names.

Spoiler (show)

Later in the series, Sousuke steals a human-sized Bunta-kun costume, which he then modifies with Arm Slave technology to create a powered armour (like a mini-AS or exoskeleton). One feature is a voice encoder that converts anything the user says into words comprising of 'fu' and 'mo' syllables. This allows wearers to communicate with one another w/o enemies understanding them. A running joke is that a flaw crashes the entire computer system whenever the encoder is deactivated, making it impossible for anyone to understand Sousuke when he uses the suit.

The Fumoffu series does not have any significant impact on the story continuity, save for a few instrances in TSR when events in Fumoffu are referenced, i.e. when Sousuke mentions the kidnap of Chidori to Wraith. It is more of a purely comedy+romance take on the FMP story that focuses more on the Chidori/Sousuke relationship, and how they grow closer b/w the first season and TSR.

URanimEnigma

URanimEnigma

Hey. Thanks. I kinda thought that's what it was. But, after I thought that I wondered, just what could FU MO mean when Bunta-kun spoke? Why would they come up with that. Y'know? That's what got me wondering all this in the first place. But, hey. I guess that's just not worth racking my brain over. Thanks. Oh yeah, and I think I got the names mixed up. It was Chidori I meant to say.

yeah, fumo is what the bear-like thing says in the anime, but it basically is just a "fulling around" title, everything that was in the fumofu should have been in the anime, because that was how the manga went, the comedy of fumofu was mixed with the action in the manga, but in the anime they took the funny out and just did all action after the first few episodes.

i think it would have been better if they had mixed it in and followed the manga. ^_^

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.