Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Getting older = no more burning midnight oil for projects? - Minitokyo

Getting older = no more burning midnight oil for projects?

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Gosh, I don't know if it's just that my health has been pretty bad lately or I've gone past the 1-s and am now in the 2-s (every time I see that, I wish I could turn back time or something), but I can't stay up for 48 hours like I used to in the past.

Has anyone experienced any of these when they've stayed up for too long or not slept for more than 6 hours in 2 days (48 hours) trying to complete a project/essay/lab report/schoolwork in general:
- heart beating irregularly ad odd intervals
- giddiness
- overeating one mintue and/or
- not eating much or not eating at all the next
- your journal article starts glaring at you and making snide remarks
- you feel like you're in an absolute state of zen
- your spleen hurts.

Just curious. Hope that it's normal and not coz I've not been taking care of my body or grown old before my time. X-O

Plus the funniest thing is that these "symptoms" only happen when I'm up rushing essays and lab reports etc, not when I'm gaming or drawing. How funnily coincidental, huh? >___>;;;

Sallyf322

Sallyf322

*_Amateur Guitarist_*

Omigosh! I totally know what you're talking about! XD Yes...I almost feel like a zombie after about two days of literally only two hours of sleep in between...I'm a junior in high school but I stay up late doing work like a college student XD Yes...I sometimes scare my friends when I suddenly laugh abnormally hard about something that is not even that funny. Additionally, I have so much trouble staying awake during my classes but when it comes to friends, a "bit" of doodling or going online for a while, I'm as wide awake as an alert rodent XD And yeah...that heart thing XD

"If everyone cared and nobody cried, if everyone loved and nobody lied, if everyone shared and swallowed their pride, then we'd see the day...when nobody died. I'm singing amen I, amen I, I'm alive." - Nickelback: "If Everyone Cared."

If only, if only, the world were like this. If only, if only, it only existed.

Devilet

Devilet

~ cyNicaLDeviL ~

Well, I'm only 20. I still feel quite good. I learned I had to treat my body better than I used to. I can still stay up pretty long at night, but not as long as I was able to before. I find myself feeling really sick by 3:00. It also depends what time I got up that day though.

Basically, I learned I can't eat so much junk and have to keep active. 20's is not old. You still have long time to be old and experience such bodily malfunctions. I suggest you take better care of your body, eat well and excercise, no matter what age you are, you have to take care of health. Plus when you get into your 50's you'll feel much better you did these things for yourself. xD

For the eating part, I can relate. Some days I only eat 2 meals, due to my eratic schedule. I don't have that much spare time I used to. Not to mention the money problems, I can't go spending lots on food.

If you find yourself having many problems, you should probably see a doctor, y'know?. Hell, I can still outrun some damn 15 year olds, because I'm healthier than them. xDD

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

most of it is due to stress as well, worrying about getting it done on time as well.

You should really start as soon as you get it so you arent rushin around at the last minute *i should take my own advice ^^;*

Spleen hurting? O.o thats probably something you should get looked at

Signature Image

Quote by Devilet
Basically, I learned I can't eat so much junk and have to keep active. 20's is not old. You still have long time to be old and experience such bodily malfunctions. I suggest you take better care of your body, eat well and excercise, no matter what age you are, you have to take care of health. Plus when you get into your 50's you'll feel much better you did these things for yourself. xD

For the eating part, I can relate. Some days I only eat 2 meals, due to my eratic schedule. I don't have that much spare time I used to. Not to mention the money problems, I can't go spending lots on food.

But I hardly eat junk food, and I walk about 30 minutes almost everyday for exercise, and yet... D: I still think 20 is old because it <u>does</u> feel kinda old when your hips are giving you problems, wrist is damaged, ankle sprained so many times it's beyond all help and a weak heart thanks to stress. XD

Yay! Money problems = less food = always on diet. Good, no? XDDDDDD

To speedfreak19: the spleen thing was just a joke. XD;

phoenixalcott

phoenixalcott

On hiatus for january :( sorry!!

aaaiii! i kno exactly wut ur talking abt! i had that even tho i m only 13. a lot. last yr, i was the most hyper kid in school cuz i dint get sleep like litterally, not a single hr for days. sickening. but yes, i was rllllyyy hyper, i overate, and i did hallucinate. its glad to kno that my heart thingie is normal. man i was freaked. i dint eat at sum times too. so yea, dont wry abt it, but take care of urself! dont overwork urself! ur body needs a rest so giv it one!

Dead in our memories, silent in our hearts...

melikecookies

melikecookies

cookie monster

You guys should really get more sleep. Whenever I don't get any sleep for 2 days, I just feel really sleepy, and fall asleep wherever I happen to be... even if I am working on an important project =\

Hi

Mymy. What does everyone do here. Even in my college i dont really need to stay up late to finish projects. I m still a student so i wouldnt know about work related projects so plz forgive me for my ignorance.

I've never been good at "staying up late" so I usually plan my timetable ahead and make sure the work is finished on time (coincidentally, always on time. Never early and yet also never late).

It is also my view that staying up late too much will have a long-run effect on one's vitality. I've had a friend who sleeps an average 3-4 hours per day and he looked 10 years older than he should be. Fast forward a few decades, I can foresee him having grey hairs already. This is what one gets for skimping on much needed body regeneration a.k.a. sleep.

Regards.

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

I've never been good at the "stay awake for more 48 hours" thing. Even 36 hours is pushing it. I seldom do it to finish work - I can't concentrate when I'm too tired. Usually I finish my work with enough lee-way to prevent such emergency crams. However, it happens that when I'm on a roll I can't stop working, whatever the deadline. When I don't want to lose my momentum then I can work the full 36 hours...but then my body hit all the handbrakes and I have to stop.

But even in socializing contetexs, or when I'm on my own, playing games or watching anime or whatever, I can just make the 36 hours.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.