Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Depression - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Shadows

Shadows

Within Everlasting Darkness

For the past 3 months I've been really despressed and I'm not really sure why this has happened. I had started to feel better about myself and was starting to become happy around the end of Thanksgiving but it started up again around 7th of this month when my dad came back from his vacation in Brazil. I've so far turned down about three invits to spend time from my family once for thinksgiving, second for a chirstmas party on the 10th and the third being. To spend chirstmas with my mom that I turned down this afternoon I just don't really wanna be around people or anything.

My mom thinks that I sould be part into a mental hospital since it seems to her that. I'm destroying my life with whats been going on with this despression and I have no plans of going to any hospital I'm not going to do something stupid like. Killing myself or anything well anyway enough about that I've also got a question to ask.

What are some good ways to stop ways to stop feeling despressed? because I can't really think of any

Signature

Kenichi

Kenichi

Retired MT Member

i think its about time to go see the world and/ or move away from ur perants.

ur not alone feeling depreassed, ur basicly just stock in the shadow. Nothing better to do, no other place fun anymore, and / or just tired of seeing the same things like moron drivers or doing the same stuff.

try going to the beach alone and gaze at the sea, that always helps me relax and not think anything. then try something new that u never done, like playing the piano or have a sence of fashion unlike any others.. it never hurt to change ur life a little better and enjoy what you like to do.

Signature

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

hmm i donno...gazing at the sea was a favorite of mine so i suggest you do what Keni-kun advised...
hmm how about studying? when i am annoyed at something or depressed i grab some math book and work ahead of classes...or sit and read the dictionary...in my lonely days i leanred to make friends with books...really was time filling and i was satisfied...
how about making a friend...well...i made one who popped up seemingly like she was Godsent...i love her very much and we are like sisters now...maybe you could talk to someone you trust and well...hope it works out
and fight...no hospitals you don't need that stupid stuff...and no killing yourself ...i am sure you can find a way out of your social slump as i would call it...really...people can have fun on their own sometimes, who need family ne?

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

MrKarl

MrKarl

From the ashes, reborn.

There is such a thing of chemical depression. So if you can't think of why you're feeling this way, it's definitely a possibility. I think a mental hospital is a bit much (meaning "WTF?!?) but you could use the help of a psychiatrist. You don't need to be insane to see one and it's nothing to be ashamed about.

Just some advice; don't rely on anyone to make you happy unless you want that relationship to turn very nasty. It just doesn't work.

BUT, just being with friends can work wonders. (just don't feel like they're the ones that need to pick you up). You need to put in the effort, have the will to be who you want to be, and just stay positive.

If not, you really could have chemical depression, which is a treatable illness. And there really is no shame in taking medication. Would you feel ashamed for taking anti-biotics if it meant you could keep your limbs?

I don't know where I'm going with this anymore, but best of luck!

What's so funny about Peace, Love and Understanding?

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Even though you're 24 (that's what it says on your userpage) there's still a possibility that you still may be under the influence of your hormones which are still running wild.

Honestly, I think you may want to seek out professional help if you're feeling depressed over nothing. For short term, I think it's best to use something like Prozac to help you manage depression. Note that this drug is an anti-depressant and will have side-effects after long term usage. Also, it's a prescription drug (at least in Australia it is)... so you'll need to see you local doctor to get some. During this time I think it's best that you see a psychiatrist. But I think going to a mental hospital is a little bit extreme. I mean, only people with severe Schizophrenia end up there.

Perhaps you should actually rectify your problem with being around people. Deduce through logic as to why you don't want to be around people. Is it because you can't be stuffed talking to people or is it because you just think everyone is boring? Seriously, think about it. You ain't gonna succeed much in life if you're going to be anti-social (and hope to God that you don't end up as a Hikikomori).

Here's a quote (though I can't remember the exact wording) from Soul Link:

Nanami: What's shiawase (happiness)?
Mr. Morimoto: Shiawase, is being together with the most important person in your life. Be it your mother, father, sibling or your significant other it really doesn't matter. Just being with that person makes your heart fill up with a warm feeling. That's what shiawase is.

Just do something about your depression before it's too late. Good luck. What you do next will ultimately determine your life's future.

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

etoo

etoo

sanity runs away from me

ways to get over depression:
1. think about possitive stuff like your acomplishments, the fact that yu have people who love you, etc
2. take some time off just for yourself and think about what' buggin you
3. even if you don't feel like it, meet your friends and family. it'll give you something happy to think about.
4. when you start thinking negative, stop yourself and think of something else.
5. this may not help, but it's a good past time: try writing or drawing based on your emotions.... it doesn;'t matter if you have no tallent what so ever, important is to let your feeling out and not to let them bottle up.

it may seem shit what i've told you, but try it.... also, if it's not just a mild depression, go see a psychiatrist. the mental hospital is not for people with depression in my point of view... also, i'd suggest you stay away from medication... dunno, it feels unnecessary i some cases.
well, good luck. i hope you'll feel better. take care.

Zangetsu-ssl

Zangetsu-ssl

Soul Slayer

Quote by etooalso, i'd suggest you stay away from medication... dunno, it feels unnecessary i some cases.

Medication helps manage the amount of depression that person has until he/she is fully recovered through professional help. I mean, if you're so depressed you probably can't think straight and probably don't want to see a psychiatrist. Thus is why I suggest administering Prozac (or something similar) before the situation spirals out of control.

Some people may say that your cup may be half-full, some may say that it is half-empty. But I say, are you gonna drink it or not?
PCPP Forum - Internode GN Forum - GameArena Forum - StaticSub Forum - OCAU Forum - Atomic v2.5 Forum - DS Australia Forum - Whirlpool Forum - MiniTokyo Forum - Madman Entertainment Forum - Clan TeamqQp - AsiaGroove - Bleach7

Signature Image

There are some people that are more sensitive to depression, as I know someone who is like that and has attempted to commit suicide etc and thus takes medication for it; and I myself am prone to bouts of anger and misery quite often (it can get bad :P). I just stay away from people and do what the hell I want for the span of the episode.

Music, anime, and just sitting/lying down and thinking about life as a whole over an hour or so, are things I do to get over it.

A journal can work wonders too, as its what got me through high school without going mental (I did make a few holes through doors and such though).

I dunno if this will help since I never had depression, but my friend who read this book said it helped her a lot. I forgot the title, but I can sum it up easy since it was like a picture book written by a teen.
Depression is extremely hard to get rid of, it leaves and then might come back, so take your time and don't get too frustrated with life, it will eventually leave for good. K, if this doesn't work, don't flame me, I tried...

Okay, first imagine depression is a separate entity always following you everywhere. It takes the form of a horrible monster that is your shadow.

You believe that this monster is a part of you, while it is not. It just quietly follows you around for months making you unhappy.
You have to realize its separate existence and make it your enemy. You are your own unique person and don't want some monster ruining your mood.
Each day, don't give in to this monster's ways, be strong and feel how you want to feel.
You can also find strength in numbers, since a battle is fought more easily with friends. Seek help from your confidants or professionals who know you best, or understand you more, to find the source of this depression.
This monster did not appear out of thing air, it was born from a event in your life. You have a better chance of defeating it when you know where it originally came from.
Fighting this monster will make IT weaker and weaker, not YOU. In the end, you WILL win, since nothing bad lasts forever.

Didn't mean to make it this long, to some, it might sound like a bunch of BS, but I really liked that book and it was written by someone who did have depression and battled it out.
Also i dunno about medication, I think you need to seek professional help, not @ a hospital, just a shrink who can carefully evaluate your problems. I've had problems before too and I just happen to always go to my counselor first, who really helps me out, before going to my friends and family, since worrying them makes me feel even worse.
!Buena suerte!

maidoflorraine08

Lavender

I speak now as a personal case.

I was diagnosed with anxiety, depression and OCD last May, so listen up, honey. Depression sucks ass, and you don't need it taking away from your life any longer. Being depressed doesn't make you crazy or a head case or whatever. Everybody's got some shit shoved under their rug; this could be yours. It's mine.

I'm on 20 mg of generic Prozac every day, and it took the edge off the downward spiral I was on. Just so you know, happy pills don't really make you happy; they just make you normal enough to function. Look for a psychiatrist (they are the ones who actually prescribe the medication, and he/she might refer you to a counselor, who does the actual shrinking).

I once heard that everyone in the world could benefit a little from some psychiatric help, and I totally believe that. Don't be scared of doctors (they're not ALL retards, I promise). Just get it out there; when I was depressed, I kept telling myself that I couldn't hurt myself, because that was a weak, selfish thing to do. But I have no doubts that if I'd kept it a secret much longer than I did, I might have really caused myself some harm. Depression sort of feels (to me) like a black hole in your stomach that's trying to swallow you up.

God, honey, don't let it swallow you. Don't let it win.

Shigure: *thumbs up* "JUSTICE PREVAILS!"
-Fruits Basket, Volume 8

Zyndarius

Zyndarius

Sage of the Five Paths

Well, as anybody have said by now, i can add my personal opinion about this, depression is an animic state of human kind right?, imagine the life of every human being in a simple way like a wave made of a string that is oscilating with the time, you will see that it has high peaks and low peaks, depresseion could be consider as one of those endless low peaks, but if you examine the entire string you will notice also that it is just a small part of the string that has the low peak, the only problem with all of this is that the speed which you advance through your waving string. If you advance to slow, beautiful moments as well as hardships will occur within long periods of time, obviously the speed doesn't depend of you at all, just a part, the part of the will to live the life the way it better suits you. So, try to combat depression as it is, a state of your mind and whole being, and remember that it will pass, no matter how much time i will pass, you have just to procure that time wont be to much for you :P

"...see the world for what it really is, and you will be able to find the miracles within..."

"Every spilled tear, feeds the roots, of a tree which the heavens will reach."

GreenRanger

GreenRanger

<==The Man under the Helmet.

I know how you feel Shadows, I suffer from depression as well sometimes, but I find that if you stay in a positive environment, e.g. with friends, then you don't feel that depress anymore.

Also, I heard from a 70 year old man (well 70 back then) from my toastmasters club (explanation below on next paragraph), that "you might not get over it, but it's good to talk about it" and he's right, you did the right thing by talking to us about your problem and look how much help you got :)

Also, at one point I was depressed so much to the point I felt like giving up on life. Luckily I told my parents about it and my dad recommended me to something called "Toastmasters". What is toastmasters? It's a social club where you give speeches about whatever you want and some of the people there give you positive feedback on it and tell you nicely on where you need to improve. It's a friendly and positive environment and the people there make you feel welcome. It really helped give me the confidence to speak again and has really helped revived my social life. It costs only $80 AUS from where I'm from, but you can come back as a guest many times as you want. Toastmasters is all over the world.

Here's the website: http://www.toastmasters.org/

I hope this help solves your problem.

Signature
You can't take my powers away Rita, I'm the Green Ranger!

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.