Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you make wallies? - Minitokyo

How do you make wallies?

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Well you see i don't know how to make wallies sadly. And I was wondering how do you make them? Like how can i learn, or can someone give me tips? Cause I have no clue on what to do at all. Well can you guys help me? Cause I would really need it, cause I wanna start wallies so badly! Thank you :)

CaMiLi

CaMiLi

ALL HAIL LULU!

hi there,.. hmm,... its very difficult to answer,.. cuz at first u need ideas,...^^ so i really prefer simple but good looking ones for example morning walk ... at first i choose a picture,.. its better when u choose for the beginning a picture, which is easy to extract. i work with many brushes for the sky or the water in beach beauty,... and when u find some nice scans with small animals like butterflies or flowers, take them and extract them in photoshop or paint shop pro. a good site with many pngs are www.aethereality.net or my own graphicssite www.miao.miao.de.vu ^^

DO U NEED A USERPAGELAYOUT? JUST WRITE ME A PM ^^Signature Image

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

First, you need a program like Photoshop or Paintshop.
Then, like CaMiLi said, you need an idea. Scans and brushes wouldn't hurt either.
There are many sites on the web that offer tutorials on how to achieve different effects, like, Imanimetions or Good-tutorials.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

personally I take a bit of sugar, a bit of spice, and little of everything nice, throw it in a blender with soy sauce, and BAM a sketch pops up. You then throw the sketch in the oven for a few hours and you have a wall.

Signature Image

MSPaint is perfectly fine if you know how to use it. For example, this video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fdaWsTWDpCc

However, because getting the curves tool (and all the other happy mspaint sucky tools) to work right takes a lot of practice and waaaay too much time for most people... including myself, go for something like photoshop, or paintshop pro, or Open Canvas, or illustrator, or inkscape.

Personally I just paint my walls from scratch, or over a scan, because I don't know how to do anything else well enough to not get it deleted.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

Okay, okay. Let's say I wanna work with this one http://miaomiao2.mi.funpic.de/tube103.png then what can i do?

sailorchiron

sailorchiron

Memories of Eliteness

I start with a mood. Like, for instance, right now I want to make a dark wall for the Roses of Melancholy minigroup over at Hoteru no Shiki. I browsed through all the new scans that Madoshi-san has uploaded lately and found one that is suitably morbid. Steps 1 and 2 complete.

The next step, the one you have to take no matter what you end up with, is to extract the scan from it's background. So like in your pic up above, you would take Kairi out of her background so you just have her head. Step 3 is the usually the most tedious part. Having used several different programs, I would have to say that the pen tool in Photoshop gets the best results.

Step 4 is to build layers of interest like you would arrange flowers in a vase. You're using a lot of different elements that all have to share one spot, so not everything will be completely visible. Make every design element on it's own layer so that if later you don't like it, you can just hide that layer. So if we wanted Kairi to be on a boat with a sail, some paupuu fruit and a seagull, we'd put all those different parts on idividual layers. You can use photos, brushes, filters and effects. If you have Photoshop or PSP it's really easy to find good brushes for free on the web, and if you have a Deviant Art account, you can preview them first. *Hooray for DA!*

Okay, so specific to your updated scan:

You'll probably want water. You can either find a scan of water and filter it (experiment with the filters) or draw it (Imanimetions has a good water tutorial). She's a cute character so you could use brushes over the top to add splashes and sparkles. You might want to show an island in the background and could either draw and paint one, or even find a stock photo and filter it out to match the style of the character.

Good rules of thumb are to use colors the harmonize and are in the same hue value (for example, all of the character's colors are in the same hue value. If you threw in something lime green, it would not only not match, but the hue would be a different level which would not harmonize) and avoid covering the whole thing with text, that seldom gets good reviews. :)

As you start working, host your image and put it in the Sandbox and you can get ideas and reviews to help make it better.

Walling is fun! It takes time to make good ones and to get familiar with the tools you have. Ganbatte, ne! I'd also suggest checking all the tutorials at Imanimetions. They're step-by-step with good pictures to help.
;)

Ripping walls? You're headed to Banned-ville.
Signature Image

CaMiLi

CaMiLi

ALL HAIL LULU!

i think water match the scan very good ^^ ... on deviantart.com u can find many pretty waterbrushes. and yes imanimetions has really good tutorials, also celestial-star.net ^^ when u use this scan, pls dont forget to link me back ok ^___^

DO U NEED A USERPAGELAYOUT? JUST WRITE ME A PM ^^Signature Image

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.