Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Okay what was wrong with... - Minitokyo

Okay what was wrong with...

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Okay come on what was REALLY wrong with my most recent Wallie entitled "Two New Renditions of My Weapon of Choice" you can't honestly think it was a low quality piece of work...did you even look at it? It took me forever to do and everything I did on there was by and using paint and then constructed together using GIMP. And I do mean EVERYTHING! The background, the weapon images...everything! Come on geeze...saying that it was a low quality work is just your opinion and again did you even look at it...the full version? Do you have something against me because so far you deleted three of my recent work and I think I deserve an explanation that does mean closing down this thread and making me go to a link that doesn't explain anything. Would it really change anything if I read everything in said link...would the expectations of MT really change? I don't think so. I love you...all of you and I'm not going anywhere and I will continue to post my newest Wallies but come on I know this won't stop you from sending automated messages but...now I can understand if my work doesn't give me any feed back but how about letting people actually reply to it and I'll see if it is so bad that is merits deletion. It's not fair that you delete it on the very day or the next day that I u/l it. How about this...you allow me to u/l it again and if all of the feed back I get is nothing but negative criticism--AND you have to read them too--then you can go a head and delete it but...so what do you say? Oh and please give me a decisive answer on your part. Don't just take the easy way out and close down this thread and think I'll be satisfied with a similar thread that someone posted ages ago.

Signature Image
When you say its name out loud you can take away its power and some times end its life...

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Instead of ranting, how about showing us a link to your wallpaper and giving us a copy of the message you received. It is quite possible that the moderator who deleted it has included a message but you might have missed it.

CyanideBlizzard

Retired Moderator

CyanideBlizzard

Margarita Time!

I'll be honest, Jeno. Your work requires more time and effort into it. Honestly, from the last two wallpapers I've seen. I honestly cannot tell what I am looking at. They just seem like you've slopped a whole bunch of things onto a canvas, called it good and submitted it. It, now this is my opinion and not anyone elses, does not resemble art in any way, shape or form. I hate to be so mean, but honestly, what you've been submitting looks more like you've just taken however much you can, throw it all together, added a few sprinkles and submitted it.

I don't mean to be mean or rude, but I say this because I honestly don't have a clue on what's going on in your wallpaper. I can't tell if someone is being attacked, or if I'm being attacked by a siege of colors. Especially your latest entry. I showed it to a moderator (whom will remain un-named) and they took action because of it. I personally believe it's because you need to spent more time with your work. Look how other people wall. Granted, you don't have to be like them and being different is good, but sometimes too much of something is a bad thing and you have the tendency of putting WAY too much into something.

I know I'm not a moderator so you can disregard this if you want or not, but I'm stating this from one member to another. Try to understand as well, moderators have a tough job and they do their best for this community and that includes the tough parts. Please, try to be more cooperative and understanding in their judgement. Thank you and have a nice day.

Signature Image

winterlilac09

winterlilac09

white freed by her savior~

alright, jeno, i'm not going to sit here denying the fact that it is -obvious- you put a lot of work and time into your work. i think that that is.. quite evident in points of that concern. however, as cy stated above, your work tends to be a bit too... messy. just a lot going about and it's hard to keep track of what's there. cy isn't attacking you directly, keep that in mind, but we're just trying to help you understand why it is that a moderator might have decided to delete your work.

as cy pointed out, a moderator has a tough job of deciding what is and isn't good for the community. the wallpapers submitted here are put up as an exhibition of art as well as sharing art so that other members might be able to use the walls for their desktops. your work.. i apologise for being so blunt, are walls that i don't know .. who would use for a desktop. it's harsh on the eyes and like i said, too much goes on.

there -is- nothing wrong with being different and unique, but your work really is just.. very messy, to be perfectly honest, and it's more of a collage than art. i guess.. you could argue that it was abstract, but even abstract.. is more organized.

i apologise again if i seem like i'm writing this to offend you, but i'm just writing this as another long time member at minitokyo letting you know what that moderator might have been thinking when he/she deleted your wall.

just take some points into consideration and try submitting something.. a little less complex =x keep that creativity and that strong sense of diligence you have, just take into consideration what your wall might seem like to others though ~ no point in trying to submit something that's just going to be deleted.

i'm sorry, but try not to be too bitter ~ the moderators don't do things just out of spite.

f a l l i n g . i n t o . s w e e t . c e l e s t i a l . d r e a m
l i g h t . i n . s h e e r . a n d . s i m p l e . s l e e p

Signature Image

w00tazn

w00tazn

hottie.

Something like those things don't really belong at Minitokyo anyway. You called them weapons of destruction, but I couldn't even make out one weapon in the wall... It was just a clusterfuck of randomness that you slapped onto a widescreen canvas. It honestly reminded me of those old school fractal programs that you could use in DOS to render stuff.

Lots of work alone does not make a wall good, there's plenty of other factors that have to be included to make a wall good.

Revan

Retired Moderator

Revan

Tattoo Soul

I know you are all trying to help but please don't. Before posting in this section of the forum everyone needs to Read this FIRST.

Deletion complaints are only meant to be handled between complainer and moderators.

Signature

There is nothing you can do... yes I've lost my faith in you.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Two New Renditions of My Weapon of Choice by JenosydesWhisperMatrix

I didn't delete this one, but I deleted another one of your works a while ago with a detailed moderator note on why I deleted it, which one this one> Stage in the Realm of Endless Chaos-Let the Show Begin by JenosydesWhisperMatrix

It's not that much different to the note I left last time: everything is pixelly (yes, it could be pixel art, but within reason for an artistic effect rather than because of the programs used) because you used Paint.

We generally look at all submissions in full view before deleting them. We don't delete for fun- we delete according to Policy. If we tick them off the list straight from the Policy, I can tell you that these are the reasons why your wallpaper was deleted:

http://support.minitokyo.net/policy/

I will bold each one I think applies to your wallpaper. I will not bold "low effort" because it's obvious you put it in.

*poor extraction, including obvious and apparent scan extraction edges,
REASON: Although you didn't extract anything, the edges are very pixellated (squared) especially around curves.

*doodles, or other items exhibiting obvious poor planning,
REASON: because there is no one focal point. Wallpapers require a single focal point, if not, no more than two or three. There's so much going on in this wallpaper it's not clear whether or not you made a conscious decision to include all these elements because they clearly do not complement the "focus". For example, the border is incredibly decorative and you're featuring... weapons. (I can't really tell what are the weapons >_< I'm assuming they are the curved blade things)
What is your concept? How is this decorative border related to a weapon? That aside, those grey column thingies, those coloured balls--- how are they related? I honestly can't really tell what they are- are they weapon related?
The colours as well: how are weapons colourful? Why are they colourful? Why would a weapon be featured on a rainbow background? These things are not clear.
Is it to accentuate the "beauty" of the weapon? Even so, this is far too busy to speak of any form of beauty.
I know what you wrote in your description (yes we read them too!) that you enjoy lots of colours- but personal preference is one thing; thinking about how to accentuate your idea is another.

*blurriness,

*extreme pixelation,
(I mentioned this under the first point above)

*enlarging of original scan image,
*no effort in integrating the background and foreground,
Ignore the "no effort" part in this point. I'm sure you put a lot of effort. I think this line should be rephrased as "how effectively the background is integrated with the foreground". As I mentioned, I don't see any connection between the background and the foreground. Neither are complementing each other because there is no solid concept. It is very unclear what you are trying to tell us through your wallpaper.

*"brush-whore" or "filter-whore," depending on overall quality,

*"ghosting," the use of a character image on low opacity in the background,

*collages of small scan images without visible effort at composition or incorporation,
I would call every element in this wallpaper a small image. You put in the effort, we can see that, but compositional wise (mentioned earlier) and incorporation-wise (mentioned earlier) it is very vague and messy.
*or lack of effort in any area.

======

I hope it is now clear why your wallpaper was deleted: it's not because we wanted to- it's because your wallpaper well and truly did fit many of the deletion criteria from the policy.

To get feedback which seems to be your biggest concern, upload your work to imageshack or something and make a thread in the Sandbox. You don't lose credits because we don't delete ANYTHING in the Sandbox, members come around and give you helpful advice on how to do things and suggest things. This is by far much much more helpful than the gallery, IMO, because when you upload to the gallery, things get deleted, people get frustrated because of loss of credits and generally (though not always) the feedback on gallery items are very random. Like "nice work".
In the Sandbox, the posts are regularly monitored- anything unhelpful will be deleted- but believe me you will get a lot of help from there.

http://forum.minitokyo.net/25/sandbox/

merged: 02-28-2007 ~ 12:58pm
Well, at the thread maker's request, this will now be closed~

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Deletion Appeals | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.