Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Increasing Picture Size & Maintining Picture Quality - Minitokyo

Increasing Picture Size & Maintining Picture Quality

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Hey,

I have a little question. I have a few scans that could go on Minitokyo, some that are really good quality too. But they fall short a bit of the 'pixel' rule, whereas its gotta be 10000 pixels total of hight & width. I've tried enlarging using Windows Paint by Stretching, but the quality wen down, as it was now blurry, if you understand the meaning. Anyway, is there a way to stretch the size & still maintain quality? Thanks in advance.

shadowfoxza

shadowfoxza

world domination ...

windows paint is horrible at resizing pictures. You could maybe try using Photoshop ... I've found that CS2 does it the best ... but if you enlarge the pictures too much the quality will still go down.

If there are better programs out there ... i'd like to hear about them as well :)

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I would highly suggest not enlarging any image on any program to just fit the 1000 000 pixel rule. You will get warnings and it's not a very nice thing >_>

The simple reason is that regardless of program, your original image is a bitmap image (made of pixels). When you stretch it, the pixels become more evident.

Yes, perhaps you can dupe layer and do effects like blur and what not to get rid of the pixels, but it's still obvious in most cases and it's best not to risk it.

The only images that do not lose quality when being enlarged are vector map images. These are done in programs such as Adobe Illustrator but require quite some human effort retracing the entire thing- outlines and filling in colours etc.

So in any case, I would recommend just putting those images in the Anime Pics Dump, 'coz you'll get rewarded with credits when people comment :3

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.