Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 TRINITY BLOOD:- What would the REAL Vatican's reaction be? - Minitokyo

TRINITY BLOOD:- What would the REAL Vatican's reaction be?

Tagged under Trinity Blood

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

Much of this anime is modeled after the Vatican, from its city to costumes (with little modifications) and a little bit of Catholicism.

Well, I was just a little amazed that even those priests in Trinity Blood carry guns and other weapons! XD

So, I wondered if the Holy See (Vatican administration) noticed this anime. And what would be their reactions, since many of the features are modeled after them, yet added some taste of violence in it.
(No, I'm not conservative nor against this anime ^_^' )

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

KOKUJINDESU

KOKUJINDESU

TYRONE-KUN

I love this anime and think that the church would have tons of problems with it--more than the violence there is the sexual overtones!
As a writer, I would place Trinity Blood in a "Vatican-like mileiu" because they take soooo many liberties.
That's what I think...

"We are but spiritual creatures enacting a physical existence."

Lol* I really don't thinks anything happens. :) It's just an anime after all. There are more important issues world wide. Moroever there are also more contorvertial movies that would disguise this anime such as our very famous and late "The Da Vinci Code" in 2006 or older "The Last Temptation of the Christ" in 1960's. There are still topic of discussion today so there won't be any worries about "Trinity blood". I haven't watched this anime though but I know carrying guns & weapons by priests is not something irregular. It has happened during history.

crusades, witch hunts, clergy punishment, heratic hearings. i can totally see the Vatican stepping up on military if they are threatened by... yeah vampires. but lets just say 'what if' you know?

Ha! Ha ha ha! It's just like with Hellsing.....God that was a disaster...I think that would upset the Vatican more XD But I doubt anything will ever happen...it's just an anime, after all.

Well I have no idea what the real vatican is like so I can't say.... (although my name is vatican.... -_-')

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

They might have a problem with it, but it's from Japan, a country that has routinuely been incredibly hard to convert (someone once said the devil must've made the Japanese language, it was so hard to learn ^_^) so it might be seen more as a form of interest or even flattery. (just my opinion, no less)
And I'd think the sexual undertones would raise more hackles than the violence. The Roman Catholic church has a bloody history, after all. ;P

I think the Vatican would have some bad things to say about this series. Priests with guns probably isn't their cup of tea.

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

My guess? The Vaticans would probably freak out and label the anime as the work of the devil! :P
Nah I'm just kidding. They probably won't like it, but hey it's just an anime from Japan, it shouldn't be a big deal.
Imagine if there are real vampires...what do you think the Vatican would do?

kvlitz

kriegsage

Filing for a lawsuit is the new way of saying it's the work of evil.

To kill or not to kill? That is not the question.

I really think they could care less. I doubt the Pope watches anime... Well, I shouldn't doubt it, he might... I don't really know him personally.
I just think the Vatican wouldn't see it as a problem, if you notice the Anime/Manga never portrays them in a bad light...

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Don't bump extremely old threads.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.