Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do they actually pilot evangelions? - Minitokyo

How do they actually pilot evangelions?

Tagged under Neon Genesis Evangelion

page 1 of 1 4 total items

LordEndervonHellsing

LordEndervonHellsing

Spirit of Sparta

So I watched some episodes of EVA and suddenly realized: how the heck they pilot it?
I know that normally commands are sent through the A-10 connectors and LCL directly from brain to Evangelion's body. BUT there is mode called inductional (if I am not mistaken with the name) when pilot must manually pilot EVA unit, it is used when power is not supplied from external source. How do they pilot it, when in Entry Plug there is no appropriate controls? They don't even have joysticks, buttons, only those two lewers, but I'm sure that it wouldn't suffice...
Can anyone explain it to me?
BTW: And how comes that LCL doesn't affect pilots voice? Try to talk with your lungs filled with some liquid :P.

Signature Image
I am the conformer, the bright sunlight that wipes all sorrow.

I expect speech comes direct from the brain, the pop up comms windows being animated to present facial expressions by which to communicate emotion.

I would also imagine that even in induction mode the eva is piloted by brain power, and the pilot's link to the eva's soul.

Another answer is its a sci-fi fantasy show, so it doesn't matter and you just go with the flow... :)

maybe by skills and crossing thoughts with the machine! a bit like the angelic layer way but crossing other ideas on how to pilot a larger machine!

the overall movements are made by thougth and presicion movements like aiming are mady by the control sticks. (from some chap in the series ritsuko says so to shinji)

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.