Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chatting with random strangers - Minitokyo

Chatting with random strangers

page 1 of 1 1 total item

I've heard that just chatting up strangers you meet is a good way to meet people, but I've never understood how this isn't rude. Maybe this is just the shy part of me talking, but it always struck me as intrusive, engaging someone in unsolicited conversation with no common points of discussion but the weather.

I guess it's o.k. if it's in a place like say . . . a club, Electronics Boutique, or maybe in a particular section of a bookstore. In cases like that, there's an assumption that you have similar interests, so it would be considered o.k. to start talking to someone for quick chatter.

You can comment on situations like that as well, but I would like to know about the random situation as well. Does going up to someone actually work for some people? Are other people not bothered by this? I'm just curious what other people's thoughts are on this because while I can maintain a random conversation, I'm afraid that my heart and gut isn't really into it. And if the other person notices that, there may be some awkwardness.

Maybe if I understand the reasoning, I'll be more open to more of these conversations as they happen.

page 1 of 1 1 total item

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.