Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 PoR vs DoS! (Castlevania) - Minitokyo

PoR vs DoS! (Castlevania)

Which game is the better between PoR and DoS?

DoS of course!
0 votes
PoR all the way out!
2 votes
Cant decide. Both are good >.<
0 votes
I dont know
0 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Sooo... which is the better game?! PoR or DoS! XD
Please tell why you like/dislike the game you pick :P. It makes more sense in the thread than just "I like PoR more" or "DoS is better."

Personally, I prefer PoR instead of DoS (to be honest, I HATE DoS for all my heart -_-'). Maybe thats because DoS is the first game ever to be a continuation of another. And the style/design between Aria of Sorrow and Dawn of Sorrow is so big! No feeling there at all. Seriously, Julius looks like santa, but with brown beard instead of white... And the badguys in DoS are so (stupid?) tasteless. We got one guy thats using fire, but he is stupid just like a monkey. And we got the other person, da "copy master" which can be beaten easily. Just throw a cat, and you win -_-. Its too much anime style >.<. Castlevania is meant to be DARK and have a DARK feeling over it. DoS doesnt have ANY of that dark feeling (except at the last place, cant remember the name. Abyss something...) They just took away everything that made Castlevania. And its also a continuation! It would be better if it was the same designer to all Castlevania games.
Probably the first designer have quit, or cant continue with this -_-. So there is nothing to do there.

Thats what I dislike about DoS. PoR got more challenge, nice boss battles, interesting characters, more advanced puzzles thanks to the two characters and a story that doesnt make you fall to sleep. You also dont have to run around and collect souls just to get stronger. You can manage with just some tactic and patience in PoR
THAT is fun.

/afaT is responsible to this thread and all the comments in the first post. This is also my own opinions and Im not trying to offend anyone with this post. My guestbook is also open for any kind of threats or virus bombing ;). If you want to be anonymus, then PM me. Cheers!

Edit: The reason I took these two games is because they got this new design, the more "anime" style.

Signature Image

While DoS was a great game, PoR was just a cut above in my mind, its a bigger game with more to do, and the replayability is much better.

merged: 03-19-2007 ~ 02:19pm
To explain that a bit better, in DoS you had the main game which was quite good, the soul system from Aria of Sorrow was kept and it worked as well as ever, and was quite fun really. While PoR doesn't have this, the subweapons and magic ensure the variety offered by souls isn't entirely lost.

Also due to DoS being set entirely in the same area not only is it a smaller game, but its less varied than PoR, admittidely PoR may feel more linear at times, but its not really the case.

Basically everything DoS did, PoR did most of it better, and made it last longer.

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

For now, its the upper hand for PoR, but I just came up with a question in my head o.o
DoS lovers/voters, what makes DoS the better game? I want to know. I cant see the nice feeling in it, and I cant definetly not see it behind all the design on the characters. So, what makes DoS this great game that I never experienced? (I have played it, but not experienced any good feelings from it)
/afaT

Signature Image

Well nobody has voted DoS yet, but to stand up for it, the storyline was better for a start, and the Soul System really IS that good and is a whole lot of fun to use.

To me the character designs really weren't that big a deal, sure the jump from Aria of Sorrow on the GBA was big, but it really didn't make much of a difference in my mind, and sure the two male enemies were stupid and unlikable, but you barely saw them so I don't see the problem.

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Quote by TSPhoenixWell nobody has voted DoS yet, but to stand up for it, the storyline was better for a start, and the Soul System really IS that good and is a whole lot of fun to use.

To me the character designs really weren't that big a deal, sure the jump from Aria of Sorrow on the GBA was big, but it really didn't make much of a difference in my mind, and sure the two male enemies were stupid and unlikable, but you barely saw them so I don't see the problem.

Ye, the soul system is good actually, and it was fun collecting special souls so it could fit one specific game style.
Maybe its just me. I am so picky when it comes to games. I notice every detail of a game, and that can ruin everything for me. Especially when it is a continuation. Then you compare, no matter what, cause it belongs to the same area. Characters, badguys, personality. Everything.

Sure, PoR got its weak points. Some serious too. Like the design on Dracula (I wish he would have a better look...) and the battle against Brauner. It was so irritaing...
You didnt even get to use all your skills too often, just some singel times. And the secrets you could SEE clearly, there werent so many. You didnt have to think so much to know "where should I go now?"

Notice Come on DoS lovers, post in this thread! XD. Man, I need your opinion :P Notice

Signature Image

Well don't even get me started on the number of glitches in PoR. I imported the US version and its absolute glitch city, however I wasn't going to pay $30 more to get a glitch free version either, especially when it came out 3 or so months later.

afaT

afaT

Let Air take me home...

Quote by TSPhoenixWell don't even get me started on the number of glitches in PoR. I imported the US version and its absolute glitch city, however I wasn't going to pay $30 more to get a glitch free version either, especially when it came out 3 or so months later.

Well, depending on the system they are using (two characters) there can be some serious glitches. I havent noticed any so far, maybe because I dont play around a lot ^^'. But that is also a bad point with PoR. Man, I wish I could find some XD
I dont know if its a glitch, but I once made the game just stop. I couldnt move the characters, but the music still went on. It happened when I switched from Jonathan to Charlotte and threw a spell fast afterwards. Maybe its just a problem and not a glitch.
/afaT

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.