Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Lat's dance: KiraxLacus - Minitokyo

Lat's dance: KiraxLacus

page 1 of 1 18 total items

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/4499/dancev02xi6.th.jpg

^^ this is actually the 2nd version of my work. I did it for my SO, so i wanna know what you guys think of it.

thanks a bunch. ^_^

Fran

Retired Moderator, Tagger, Linguistics

Fran

better than your faves tbh

I'll try to be as nice as i can...so if i sound like bitch i'm so sorry...really:
I like the idea, but the scan doesn't blend very well with the background plus the extraction doesn't look perfect, i mean there are white parts of the original one...
I think that if are gonna use a stock photo you should paint the scan and the background so that way it would look fine
Other than that i like the idea
Hope it helps!

Signature ImageLatest submission: Trouble Makers
tag-liciousvector-wallers
Lol omg, click on quote in guestbook instead of spamming your own stuff, SMH

I agree with Naomi-chan. They just don't fit. Real-life stock and 2d scan just doesn't compliment each other. The differences are too obvious and they just ruin the whole wallpaper.

Maybe you can construct a background from scratch, or maybe vector parts of the background one by one so it fits the scan. It's not necessary to have only one stock in your wall; choose all kinds of stock, pick parts you want for the background and vector them slowly as you see fit.

Well painting might work, but I know nothing of painting. >.< Looking forward to your wall. ^^

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

You should make the background anime-ish, so it will blend well with the characters.
Now, the characters were vectored. I suggest you to vector the background as well.
Aside from that, you can also paint over the stock, or just smudge it. But make sure you smudge the vector too.
Play with colours. The stock looks yellowish. So, the characters should have that yellowish tone as well.

okidoki then... thanks for the comments and tips... very much appreciate it.

i'll work on it right away... im looking forward for more help from you guys.

^_^v

THat picture is Jawsome

merged: 03-18-2007 ~ 10:21am
That picture is Jawsome

With honey and clovers

info-0

info-0

Hellgate operator

I like it, thanks for sharing :)

...::The only easy day was yesterday::...

thank you very much for the help... uhmm... how can i paint the stock then?

should i filter the stock?

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Simple way(not really simple though) to paint a stock is...
1) apply median filter around 3px (you can skip this)
2) vector the outlines of each stuffs in the stock to make your paintover process easier
3) use your paintbrush and paint over the stock, like a doodle
4) use your smudge tool on the painted layers, to make it smooth.

(You can check the tutorials on my userpage, but take em as guides only)
lol and check Paint-o-rama for more and better tutorials.

thanks a bunch gaara... im currently learning how to vector pics... and all i can say is-- it's really tough... >.<

im trying to paint the stock like what you've said...

and im not yet done vectoring the outlines yet...

i also tried to make my own bg using brushes...

and here it is:

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/384/dancev5sp0.th.jpg

uhhh... i guess im not good in this.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Yeah, I know vectoring is tough, and painting is tough too. But it's worth doing it, coz the result will be way better, in quality of course.

Hmm, for the other version you made, I noticed that the swirly brushes you used are sort of jaggy. And I think the concept is a bit bland.

Actually there's also a method called the artificial digital painting. But I usually do this after I vector the outlines of something that I wanna paint. After that, to start the artificial painting, apply a few hard round pixeled brush inside the vector and use smudge tool and pull the colour to wherever you see fit. After that play with burn and dodge tool wisely to get the shade and highlights you desire. May sounds hard but I really enjoy this method a lot. XD

And as for the latest version of the wall, I think there's too much unnecessary swirlies, and they're quite jagged as well. I was thinking that maybe your vectored scan is a little too clear. Maybe you can blur them down a little.

Signature Image

All blackheads in Mashima Hiro's mangas are my boyfriends. Owh yes they are.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/6802/smudgelh1.th.jpg

first attempt tp smudge and vector... >_>

im not that gifted with vectoring and painting i guess.... *pouts*

i guess i'll have to make my own BG from scratch... thanks for all your help though...

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

CLICKY

I think you're doing good on smudgin and painting, just that it's so over-smudged. So, to cure the over-smudged problem, just use your smudge tool(again) with 60%(or lower) opacity, and smudge on those parts. And please, don't smudge the outlines(too much).

Well, vectoring/painting is not about gifted or not. Practice makes perfect. So, keep practising.

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

I'm quite surprised someone was going to use the vector I made. ^_^' I never expected that. >_> I was actually even about to think of using the vector and make it for a wallpaper though maybe not. ^_^'

The extraction in here was very good even though some outlines may be cut, but still good. :)
I'm not that good with painting too. :) It's very difficult for me, but what I think is how what garra said about the background is correct. Though instead I use an eraser tool and set it to an opacity like 25% and just keep clicking on some of the edges of the shades so that they blend. Hope that helps. :x

Just wanted to tell you that remember to menton I made the vector when you give a description of it when you post it on the MT or anywhere else. :x

gomen ne,

i'll be more careful next time...

and thank you moonscape for the reminder... gomen for not notifying you.

i'll work on this wall now. ^_^

Saulofein

Saulofein

Yakin Due's nightmare

Nice font for the best couple of cosmic era ^^

lianppoper

lianppoper

[Free Bird]

you used a beautiful scan, i do think you still need some practice on your vectors.
i will wait for your finished product ;)

Signature

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.