Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 the DRAWING BOARD... - Minitokyo

the DRAWING BOARD...

page 1 of 1 3 total items

artgeek12

artgeek12

the curious Art Fox

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/9779/drawingboardvj1.jpg

A bit long but please read...
::WELCOME:: to the DRAWING BOARD.
I have created this thread for the purpose of have art exercises." Exercise?" you say... well allow me to explain.

----------------------------------------

There are times in this (as maybe other) art communities where lulls occur. Nothing is really happening and you might feel somewhat "creatively constipated". If you've ever thought like this then this thread (board) is for you. This is a place to get your creative juices flowing and maybe meet some people in the process.

So what kind of art are we talking about?
All kinds! Drawings, illustrators, vectors, wallers, photoshopers, colorist...you name it, it's welcome.

Why are you doing this?
I don't always have a lot of time but I often feel the need to express myself...creatively. Sometimes, I just want to do something quick while other times i may want a larger project to focus my artist frustration.

How do you plan on doing this?
By creating this DRAWING BOARD! Here we will have small little art exercises that will help get some ideas flowing. Maybe you might want to bounce ideas off of some other people or maybe you just need a jumping point for that next project. Our goal here is to create opportunities so that we may all benefit...artistically.

Just remember, this is neither group nor website specific. Anyone and any idea is welcome here.

I will add more tomorrow. Check back soon!

----------------------------------------

merged: 03-25-2007 ~ 03:17am
Does no one care? -_-'
Anyway, if anyone so happens to come across this thread would like a mini-exercise, they are more than welcome.

PROJECT 1:
Design a book cover for "Nineteen Minutes" by Jodi Picoult. As of 3/24/07, it is #1 on the New York Times best sellers list. You don't have to read the book, just read the synopsis and create what you think might be a good cover. Drawings, compilations, anime wallpaper style...anyway you think of making it is okay. Here is the description of the book...

"A school shooting. Consider the tragedy--in 19 quick minutes, 10 are dead and 19 are wounded--from several different perspectives, including that of the shooter, a troubled boy named Peter, who was mercilessly picked on at school. The small town of Sterling is rocked by the carnage. Alex Cormier is the superior court judge planning to hear the case, but her daughter, Josie, Peter's only friend during childhood but now a member of the in crowd, was in the midst of the melee. Peter spared Josie, but killed her boyfriend. Charismatic detective Patrick DuCharme rushes into the school and apprehends Peter, and Jordan McAfee agrees to defend the young killer."

You can take as long as you want but once done, share your finished product. Either place a link in this thread or post a thumbnail or something. I'll try this myself to try and get things started. Hopefully i won't just end up talking to myself in this message board.

Lots of potential people.....c'mon!

Artgeek12 - Proud member of NewWaveProject!
Signature
Organizer of the Olympiad Project, where everyone one is needed and welcome!

Seems interesting. I'll think about it. Can't promise anything though, I'm already working on other projects.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

smilebit

smilebit

aristocat

ok...spring break i have planned to do art everyday. i'll pump something out by the end of the week. with hope.

Signature

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.