Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Need advice for this drawing o_o please - Minitokyo

Need advice for this drawing o_o please

page 1 of 1 5 total items

This is just a random person i drew(I think this is the right place to put drawings right? x.x i hope it is). I'm not good at sideview x.x... but while i was reading some tutorials on anatomy i decided to try it out since whenever i drew my drawings bodyparts were distorted. I outline colored it with photoshop O_o basically just overlined it xD...

http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/5360/sideviewguycoloredcopynb5.th.jpg

Any advice and suggestions to improve how i should draw?

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Well, I think it's done really well already ^__^

Just a few hints though, the easiest way of knowing whether or not you did something right is just purely by proportion. For example the upper arm above the elbow is roughly the same length to the elbow to the wrist- in your drawing the upper arm looks slightly short.

Also, don't be afraid to use "rounded rectangles" to draw. Uhm... *gets out the paper and pencil*

http://img101.imageshack.us/img101/5995/chiaki011hd4.th.jpg

Errr it's rough, but basically, it's just something you can try use to see what ends where and it might help you.
Another thing that may help you is simply by posing in front of a mirror and sketching what you see ^_^

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

^.^ thanks for the advice. posing in front of the mirror occurred to me before but... its sorta odd, my parents would look at me funny if they saw me posing xD. I'm going to save the picture u drew for reference =) thanks again!

o0Beginner0o

o0Beginner0o

B for Beginner

haha yeah i know how it feels....i feel kind of odd myself if i were to do that haha, when i started drawing i didn't learn from anyone nor get and books, i learnt it freely and said to myself "hey!i can do that" when i saw a piece of art, and if i couldn't i would keep practicing until i did, and you can really master techniques since your the 1 who thought of it yourself, well i'll just give you a rough way to draw a eye and to shade it

well atleast how i shade it >_>...oh, i think theres a group that you can join called doujinshi-support-club, ask the people there, hopefully they will be able to help

heres the rough tutorial i did on the spot haha, hope it will help a bit
http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/4703/tutcf1.th.jpg

Signature Imagei'm happy you're happy everyone is happy isn't that the best?

o_o awesome tutorial. xD and nice peace out on the end ^.^ thanks for the help xD. It took me a while to get used to drawing anime x.x im happy the fact that the anime i draw now actually looks human compared to my first drawings XD. Thanks again!

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.