Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Yotsubato - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Zepphyre

Zepphyre

Renaissance Man

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/4439/yotsubatowallv1zu1.th.jpg

Need suggestions or commentary. I pretty much did what I had planned, but it didn't really end up like I imagined. I do like how the background came out sorta abstract, since I wanted focus on the character. I kind of get the feeling that its too abstract.

The background was made using the tracing options in IL CS2. I then made several modifications to color schemes and removed a few things.

merged: 04-19-2007 ~ 01:39am
guess it wasnt worth a comment -_-

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

It's worth a comment, it's just hard to judge it because it's not really clear of what you're trying to do here. (And I have slow internet XD)
It's a bold colour choice, but if you wanted to focus on the character, then the other things you have coloured in blue shouldn't be blue, or, in a less saturated blue so they don't jump out so quickly.

Or, if you wanted the character to jump out she should be coloured in red (red is the colour that jumps out the most) and the background should be in a green hue (sort of like complementary colours but one recedes, one comes forward).

Then you can continue to have these patches of blue (for those objects you want to highlight, secondary to the character) and then patches of yellow if you wish (tertiary to the character).

Anyway, it's just a suggestion. The colour scheme is fine as it is, but the other objects to me seem to stand out too- and I'm not really sure why you've chosen to highlight them... I guess it's not all that clear.

As for the background, it seems quite alienating to have her right in the middle of somewhere (public space) and having nobody else around. Maybe there's a little bit too much going on? The quality of the character is far too different to the background. There are solid colours used, whereas the background uses lighting (the light source coming from the right side).
I guess you might want to add in a shadow and possibly highlights to the character? Or you might want to "consolidate" bits of the background and redefine particular elements into the one chunk of colour. Like a chunk for the door. A chunk of a street lamp. Abstract the background with fewer details. If possible, you can also experiement with the colour schemes I suggested earlier on and see what they look like. It might create something interesting; maybe not.

But anyway, I hope that was of some help :) I guess the background is a little too detailed for the girl- which in turn, ironically draws quite a bit of attention to it :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

page 1 of 1 2 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.