Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Do you believe that God chose your Destiny? - Minitokyo

Do you believe that God chose your Destiny?

Your destiny goes according to how God makes it

Yes - you have no choice about it
2 votes
No - you choose your own destiny
23 votes
Other
13 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

yukiyo

yukiyo

.: Autumn In My Heart </3

do you believe that your destiny was chosen for you by God, and you cant change it?

do you succumb to belief that you just cant change your life?

do you think God had a good reason for it?

do you believe God is just?

do you think that others are favoured compared to yourself?

personally, i dont approve of this whole 'your destiny is chosen for you by God'. even if you seem poorly proportioned compared to others, surely you can just incorporate a teeny bit of what you want in your life?

i understand that some people started off a little more worse than others. theres just factors that you cant control.

but still, for all those people who think that their destiny was to be a drunk or a failure, they just go about it. they lament, and dont try suffiently to bring what you want in your life.

well - enough of me talking. feel free to disagree or agree. i posted this thread to see your opinions.

- [ you can illustrate your death in romance ] </3

1. No, No
2. No
3. See answer 1
4. No
5. No

There are some things well within your abilities to control. However, you can't prevent yourself from inheriting a fatal genetic disease.

Your circumstances aren't as important as how you deal with them and your outlook on life. Some lifestyles can seem like heaven to one person but hell for someone else.

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

1. I believe that God knows what decisions I'm going to make before I make them, but I still am independent and have my own free will to make a decision for myself - God doesn't MAKE me make a certain decision.
2. No
3. I believe God has a purpose for everyone
4. Yes
5. They are only compared to me... by me and me alone.

At least that's what I think...

x-lawss

x-lawss

Wanderer

No!, i am the one who's going to choose MY own destiny!
You see, every thing we do is what we choose, but there is something that is beyond our control... So let is be

yukiyo

yukiyo

wow. O___O good points

He gives us the choices and we choose. it's not that everything might come easily, life is like an MCQ paper( multiple choice question paper) , we see the choices given to us, but it's our decision what to choose.

I don't know whether we chose our own destiny or God already has a blueprint set out for us that we follow every single day....It's difficult to choose because if I saw I create my own fate I'm developing it on my own and if I say it's our design that we are fulfilling than I'm just not capable of making my own decisions. A double edged sword.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

God knows what we will do in the future? o_0! Then how can freewill exist?

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

I think, it's acoording to what we choose from the choises given to us, that our future is decided.

yukiyo

yukiyo

hmm....this brings to mind one of those 'choose-your-destiny' books, when you turn to pages and go according to what it says.

so, going by all the opinions provided, we are given choices which route our path in life? oo...

and thanks for all your opinons ^____^

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Quote by ProgramZEROGod knows what we will do in the future? o_0! Then how can freewill exist?

I think its still free will if YOU are making the decision.
God knows the future, so that means (to me) that He knows what decision we'll make, but He's letting us choose what we are going to do anyways. I believe that God is all knowing... past, present, and future.

Example... Say you meet someone who can see into the future. They know what's going to happen, but aren't going to tell you what you should do to make the future happen the they saw it. They could tell you, but don't.

At least, that's what I think. :D

I remember there used to be a similar post like this a long long time ago.. lolz
But anyway,
I still stay firm with my point of view.. That is we make our own decision..
God can't be controlling our destiny..
& NO one will be there to stop me from attaining my destiny & what's supposed to be mine..
Well,that's what i feel though.. :D

I remember a statement my friend said..
"Step On God & Sit On Evil.. Control Everything which lies in your path.."

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
Signature

ellymate

loveless angel

1.i don't think that God chose our destiny,He only gave us the decision to choose what path we want.
2.No,i believe that everyone has to fight for they want
3.God has a purpose for everyone...
4.Yes,even if we believe that He's not just with some of us,i believe what my grandparents said to me,that God give us just how much we can bear has a purpose for every one of us
5. No ,God loves us all

Be wacky , be crazy , be silly , be random cuz life is too short to BE COOL!

Davo

Davo

I'll kill you

1.-nope
2.-nope
3.yes
4.-yes
5.-nope

Signature Image
DAVO THE ECCHIMAKER :"If a demon stands in my way, I will cut him apart. If a saint stands in my way, I will cut him apart"

1. no
2. no
3. yes
4. yes
5. no

God knows past, present and future.

Buit He let you choose your path. He respects your Freewill.

If it weren't that way, it would not be fair, nor just, and totally senseless to talk about sin and guilt. It'd be all blamed to destiny.

Things as accidents, illness, evil, when you die are circunstancial factors of existence. You don't have control over them. But your desition for good or evil is only yours.

This according to Catholicism

yukiyo

yukiyo

:) thank you for all the posts everyone :)

hmmm...you all have a point

oo~! i like that quote:

Quote by flyable I remember a statement my friend said..
"Step On God & Sit On Evil.. Control Everything which lies in your path.."

dianas

dianas

WE ARE OF PEACE ALWAYS

I don`t really believe in God..but I`m sure that something exists..that helps up in a way or another
now about destiny..yup I think that each of us have our destiny but we can make choices ;)

When life gives you lemons - make a lemonade XD
Creator of: BW-TB-:-C-sW
<--visit us--> Our world is based on attractioN

Archer79

Nerdly Ghost

Quote by yukiyodo you believe that your destiny was chosen for you by God, and you cant change it?

do you succumb to belief that you just cant change your life?

do you think God had a good reason for it?

do you believe God is just?

do you think that others are favoured compared to yourself?

personally, i dont approve of this whole 'your destiny is chosen for you by God'. even if you seem poorly proportioned compared to others, surely you can just incorporate a teeny bit of what you want in your life?

i understand that some people started off a little more worse than others. theres just factors that you cant control.

but still, for all those people who think that their destiny was to be a drunk or a failure, they just go about it. they lament, and don't try sufficiently to bring what you want in your life.

well - enough of me talking. feel free to disagree or agree. i posted this thread to see your opinions.

I like questions like these.

I believe I have control over my destiny. ...And I have placed my destiny into God's guidance, because I trust Him, and I know He has love for me - and everyone. IMHO, it's a much better destination than that ordained by a selfish human. Yet, I still apply my own discernment to make sure what I do is right. (Okay, well sometimes, I go for fun and the wrong choice sometimes too.)

Do I believe I cannot change my life? -- No. That is, I believe I can change it. ...And ironically, I believe God can catalyze it more than I ever could, having been put places by Him where I learned and experienced things that I would have never looked for otherwise. ...And met people who have reinforced me and developed me for the better. :)

Do I believe God has a good reason for "it"? ...I don't know exactly what "it" is. Life or Destiny? ...In either case, yes. ...What is love without knowing loss, or life without knowing death, or grace without isolation, or mercy without condemnation? ....Or the many different meanings to "beauty". Life is a great adventure, and one ordained by God. ...Destiny is but part of the ride.

I do believe God is just. ...Perhaps not fair. ;-) "The beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair." ...He is beyond just. He gives mercy to the condemned, and grace/gifts to those who are corrupt. ...So that love and healing may prosper. ...Many people say they have not seen miracles. ...Personally, I would suggest that if you want to see God working in your life, you should first make it possible for God to be in your life, and then work with Him. -- And ask for those things that really matter. ...But never expect your solution to the problem. ...I think God's an artist of sorts...

Some of the most beautiful people I have known are those who have a pure heart, helping others.

Ironically, I guess I feel like I'm one of the more favored. Not as if I've done anything to deserve it. I wanted to be an aeronautical engineer. ...God put me someplace different, someplace better. ...And I'm not complaining. He truly knows the desires of my heart. Yet, I see so many opportunities passing by me due to my own personality defects. ...But everyday is a new day. ...A new experience, a new lesson. I try to share some of the highlights of God's work with those people I run into every day, like y'all. :D

...I don't feel that anyone is receiving anything less than they deserve. ...But everyone has a chance to move past where they are. ...And hope is something that I hope everyone can have, yet so many don't. I know my life could have been much, much worse. ...Goodness knows, I've had some hard points, and points where I felt abandoned. ...But just know there is hope. ...For everyone.

I believe your concept of pre-destination is only partially true. God is Omniscient, which means He knows everything, including that which hasn't happened yet. This implies that He knows what paths you will choose, and what is best for you - and for everybody. He can - and will - position you for the best. You are not abandoned, but He will grant you your free will. ...That you may truly love, and truly find your way. ...And He will allow you to rebell against Him, even choose Hell. ...He will be there for you when you stumble. ...All you need to do is ask for the help. ...Sometimes, I've heard He bluntly offers. I've had enough desperate times, that typically, I go for the "ask" option pretty quickly. ;)

....On that note, God is love, and his kingdom is one of love. ...Christian theology clearly indicates there are those who rebel from his kingdom. ...I do not believe they are for love, or anything so noble. In fact, I truly worry about those who choose the other path, for there is nothing there for them, except loss for someone/something else. If angels are more powerful than humans, woe is to anyone who is left outside Heaven's Gate.

But blessed is God who sent his only Son that the gate to Heaven could open for any man or woman. ...Providing sacrifice sufficient for almost any sin. (The bible mentions one unforgivable sin.) ...This becomes the critical importance of Jesus. ...And what some denominations call being "saved". If you choose God via His son Jesus, he will guide your path, and destiny will be His.

But this is an important note...

...The gift of Jesus doesn't condemn us. ...We were already condemned. ...Many of us still feel/find ourselves condemned. It is SOOO hard for some people to abandon all that which binds them, simply because they don't want anyone or anything to know how hard-bound they are. It is ironic that the people who have the greatest need have the greatest fear of being fulfilled.

Have hope. - Good people and God's intervention stopped the Nazis, thermonuclear war... ...Pray, and ask His intervention world-wide. He has that which is truely good in mind for us all. ...And no man nor machine will be able to stand against God's justice. If you are downtrodden, know that God's power becomes perfect in powerlessness.

...Anyhow, I rant. Regarding predestination, do not fear that someone already knows where you're going. ...Just make sure where you're going is good, and it's good for your heart. It will not always be pleasant, it won't be easy, but it will be right for you. ;-)

I was saved by Jesus death on the cross. Today, I am being refined/salvaged that I might be saved when I die, and I will be saved when Jesus rises again. ...And I have hope, despite my broad imperfections. I hope you have hope too. :)

juankhp

juankhp

=== Juank ===

OMG.. it was awesome.. great answers bro

well my opinion is:

1- Nou
2- Nou
3- Nou
4- Yes
5- Nou

S o m e O n e S p e c i a l ... F o r Y ou

1. No
2. No
3. No
4. Yes
5. No

I don't believe that God chose my destiny for me. I choose my own destiny with God as my guide.

God would not choose our destiny for us thats the reason why the bible has his word to follow so we can choose to accept Jesus as our savior or not.

This is a pretty common question posed to Christians. Is everything predetermined? Does God control our fate and lives? Generally, these questions are used in a negative connotation when attempting to condemn the plausibility of an omnipotent, omniscient God.

If you believe God is omniscient, then you believe He sees and knows your future actions. This implies causality, and the belief that the future is set in stone. Thus, some will say that because of this, we have no freedom because our lives' actions were determined before we were born.

This is only accurate to some degree. I believe God does know every action we will make. In a sense (in my opinion) our lives are predetermined. I can think of no other possibility when considering an omniscient God. However, God does not decide for us. If a claim about the preclusion of our fate must be made, it should be noted that it is precluded only by us and our future actions. Our actions and the subsequent consequences are perpetuated solely by our own hands. Thus, we do forge our own destinies without interference from fate. God simply knows this destiny ahead of time. However, if we allow Him, He can work through us in our lives on our behalf, but this requires a freely willed choice on our part. In such a case, I suppose you would call it interference from fate, but in a favorable way.

About the "destined to be a drunk so there's no point" situation, well, there's a reason we weren't meant to know the future. As long as we believe we can change our lives, and have the desire and motivation to do so, I think that's all that matters.

Signature

pretty lame, if you ask me. if everything was per destiny then i could blame all my mistakes and transgressions on god. which is stupid, because my mistakes are my own, my successes are my own. i deserve everything which i deserve. of course god gave me this life for me to make these choices, but the choices are my own.

destiny? that's saying whether i go to heaven or hell was decided before i was born. that's not christianity, thats just plain cruel.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

yep, we choose anything we can, we make all decisions, but the results r in God's hands.

but, if we try to pray n talk to Him, He can change His plans, bcoz He knows wut's the best for u. n He just wants u to believe Him that He loves u all. that's why He alwayz give us chances, n wether we realise it or not, wether u're a bad person who alwayz ignored Him, or not.

merged: 07-25-2007 ~ 01:13am
that's y, bad people, WAKE UP FROM UR BLINDNESS!

Signature

page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Next » 51 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.