Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 I need help with a Nocturne wall - Minitokyo

I need help with a Nocturne wall

page 1 of 1 13 total items

dementia

dementia

Glare

http://img478.imageshack.us/img478/8013/nocturneexperimentmk7.th.jpg

I am still going to add thins like more eyes and some font, but I am trying to figure out what I need to make this better, and also I don't know how to create a shadow. I don't know if he needs one..

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Looks good so far. Though, what are those things on the curtains? Like, rips with faces behind them?

Anywho, a small shadow on the floor could work (you can either just make the shadow a circle under the dude (use the eclipse tool or something) and lower the opacity).
The extraction looks alright, though a bit jagged in some places.

Signature Image
Like video game posters? Click on my signature image!
Latest wallpaper: Red Ninja

dementia

dementia

Glare

I don't have rip brushes so I tried to make the curtains look ripped I guess it didn't work to well..Thanks for the tips and I will try to fix the extraction.

pandemonium91

Retired Moderator, Tagger

pandemonium91

You can also try making the background a little brighter, so the curtain can be seen better, especially on the upper left part, where it seems like those eyes are floating (I suppose you wanted them "on" the curtain).

If you can't handle me at my best, then you don't deserve me at my worst!

dementia

dementia

Glare

how about now?..I couldn't make rips in the curtains, and it never seem to look right So I made them come out from behind the curtains. I also tried to fix the scan, but I can't figure out how to do it better..Anyway there is more to be done, but I saved that for submitting it.
[img=http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/7068/nocturnessexperimentct1.th.jpg]

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Much better! I like the idea of the creatures coming out of the bottom of the curtain. Very nice.
The shadow is a bit too round, I would suggest blurring or smudging it up a bit, so it looks a bit more natural. The scan is also a bit grainy, but adding some textures might fix that up (and make the wall look more... grunge-like) =)

Signature Image

dementia

dementia

Glare

thank you..yeah I did add some textures to him..Thank you for your help with the shadow..

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

hello lady dementia i lookl forward to this finished wall as i enjoy Nocturne as well.

overall i like what you are doing.
my main crit is the extraction- i think you may have used the scan from kai's site and they are usually low quality but there is "edge tear" amongst his leg and shoulders etc.

have you tried the pen tool? kick up the scan to say 500% then trace around the perimeter of the scan. if some edge tear is still prevalent then take a small brush and brush over the edges.
PEN TOOL

i think perhaps you could show less of the curtain [from the top] and more of the monsters below.

the floor there looks great. :)

dementia

dementia

Glare

I will try that, but PSP can make everything much more confusing for me..I only want to show the demon eyes(I am in love with the opening from nocturne) so I wanted to "sort of" recreate that..if thats what you mean?

merged: 05-01-2007 ~ 02:42am
ok one last time..here is the finshed product hopefully

http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9766/nocturnessexperimentmn6.th.jpg

miffedplatypus

miffedplatypus

fenixreborn

Very nice! I really like the look and feel of it. I'm really not sure if there's mroe you could improve on. ^^;

"Mythology is psychology misread as biography."-Joseph Campbell
"Logic will get you from A to Z; imagination will get you everywhere."
— Albert Einstein
"A room without books is like a body without a soul."-Cicero

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

Very nice, I love the rich red color.
If I could make one tiny (and last) suggestion: the scan seems to have be slightly enlarge (or maybe it was always pixel-y), so maybe smudging very lightly over certain spots (like the legs, arms and torso) would make it seem higher-quality.

Signature Image

dementia

dementia

Glare

I never thought of that..thanks..it will not look to blurry?..thanks for all you help chloe-chan

Chloe

Retired Moderator

Chloe

てめら~!!

No problem, that's what The Sandbox is here for =D
So:
If you smudge it really softly, it shouldn't look too blurred. Example
That scan was completely smudged (with some minor re-painting), but it doesn't look blurry, right?
Try use a small, round hard brush (zoom in as well) and set the smudge tool strength between 5-10%
If you're not sure if it'll look good, I suggest duplicating the original layer, and try the smudging on the duplicate. That way, if you feel it doesn't look good, at least you'll still have your original and if you like the way it came out, you can keep the duplicate (though remember to hide one layer no matter what the outcome to avoid jaggedness.) =)

Signature Image

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.