Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Is there such thing as natural modesty? - Minitokyo

Is there such thing as natural modesty?

page 1 of 1 21 total items

TreeFarieAaliyah

TreeFarieAaliyah

Midnight Princess

Does modesty come naturally? Do people automatically feel it and think it? Or does society chose? I think society chooses how modest people are. For example, in a society where everyone is always covered up and wearing loose clothes, modesty would be very big,. In an envirnment where everyone is wearing only underclothes, it would be normal to walk around in underclothes and that would be modesty for them. What do you think? Does modesty come naturally or is it chosen by society?

"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."

I'm not sure what you are talking about
Is this a different definition of modesty than what I know?

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

Hanedas

Hanedas

Trought the Darkness

i belive you get the answer for this one already like you said in your example is all depent of the customs of the society and the area

One wrong move and blood will rain from the sky

TreeFarieAaliyah

TreeFarieAaliyah

Midnight Princess

Quote by VaticanI'm not sure what you are talking about
Is this a different definition of modesty than what I know?

What is your definition of modesty? For me, it is how people act in a way. I mean, people can be modest by not trying to show off and brag and just think a lot about themselves.

"Everyone hears what you say. Friends listen to what you say. Best friends listen to what you don't say."

selemental

selemental

GONE. lol

X3 There's no such thing as "natural" modest. Like a baby having to learn to cry, to eat, to breathe,
to talk, to walk, etc.

No one is born as anything or knowing anything. It's the experiences you have that turn you
into what you are today. Something very simple that most people don't know, yeah.

Owner of: tou-no-uwaMember of: userpageskindesigns

IT ACTUALLY ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT THE PERRSON DOES WHAT IT LEARNS ECT. COME ON DUDE WHO DOES NOT AGREE WITH ME WITH THAT

no. modesty is learned.

I say modesty is judge by society. In real life, modesty is only a concept in ur mind. some might see modesty as being conservative, others might see modesty as being shy, or even both. despite that though, one human's opinion on modesty is always ignored. the truth is what the majority thinks. and if people seek the "truthful" path, they will go along with it. of course, if someone is born shy or introverted, or cannot relate to things as easily, they could be considered modest, but it's only a label. maybe she/he is "modest" but likes to wear crazy outfits. or if she/he did like covering herself/himself, maybe that shyness caused insecurities and low self esteem towards that person.

lol it's funny though, becuz the concept of modesty is always being directed towards girls (i kept using "she" without realizing lmfao XD)

"I must destroy the despair-night
To shine in Eternity's sunshine."

consider the invasiveness of the Male Gaze/ the pervasiveness of patriarchal power... the extremity to which the concept of 'modesty' is insisted upon in a society is probably proportionate to that.

yes, I'm a feminist. Sort of.

I think modesty is more a behavior or attitude than the amount of clothes you wear. As they say "It's not what you wear, it's how you wear it." I'm very body shy- I HATE changing in front of people and get very self conscious if I feel like too much of my skin is exposed, but when I'm alone, or just with my husband, I could care less what I'm not wearing. I look good, I know that, I just don't like attracting a whole lot of attention with my physical appearance.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

yeah I suppose it would depend on the environment if everyone always did it...like back in the olden times, way before this or that, lion cloth was considered attire and it still is in some tribes, but in all truth it depends on the part of society, naked would not be considered modest in america but in some cultures women are still topless until married...if that is how you were raised all your life, and all that you saw then that would be normal to you

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

Yes. I'm quite modest, thank you. And handsome. I think about these things because I'm just that great of a person to be around. o_0

How's that? Too much? XD

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

modesty is a hard thing to say, Ive seen ppl who are naturally modest w/o tryin and others who are modest just to look good to society -.-. Naturally modest is rare to come by these days. You see more being being modest as a thing related to how they will look to society thing today rather than just bein modest because they just should.

Some People say that I'm a goody good for my own self..Is that true?

KanameChan

KanameChan

The Raging Nice-Girl

A modest person is a product of their personality, upbringing, and culture.

I'm a modest person but not because I have religious reasons, or I think not being modest is immoral, but because my quiet personality and beliefs on what personal respect is make me this way.

The other reasons people might be modest have all ready been mentioned :-)

P.S. I'm talking about modesty as far as how a person dresses is concerned. Modesty in the sense of how great you say you are is slightly different - maybe. That's mostly a personality thing I think.

necesito creditos 8)

There are modest, and just complete non-acknowledgement of yourself. Both are, in my opinion, dependant on how you were brought up when you were little. : P

Estamos iguales, tambi

sumeragiqueen

sumeragiqueen

Pledge Queen !

For sure man ! :D

I'll fix this later hm*

SAGO

SAGO

King of Kings

Nobody's modest. Everyone's an arrogant lout deep inside. Anyone who's modest is a liar.

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to Body, Mind & Fashion | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.