Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My box is extremely sluggish - Minitokyo

My box is extremely sluggish

page 1 of 1 7 total items

I've just spent the weekend reformatting my computer and am in the process of getting data back. (Borrowed Dad's external hard drive)
Anyway, there's very little on the box that isn't movie files and although nothing is running, the systm is very sluggish.

Is there anything I can do to speed up my performance? Maybe something in Task Manager? I've already run a ScanDisc but that hasn't made any difference

Anyone willing to lend a hand?
Many thanks

Since you just formatted your HD and it seems sluggish to you.
Then maybe installing the drivers might help.

Signature

KOKUJINDESU

KOKUJINDESU

TYRONE-KUN

I would not mind helping but I need info:
Did you open up your tower at all? (sometimes something comes loose--also you may need to blow out the insides)
How much RAM are you working with? (I upgrades my RAM once I got Vista-it toally made the difference)
What operating system are you using?(I got rid of Vista and went back to XP Pro because as pretty as Vista is, it eats up a lot of ram and makes my cpu run harder)
Hope that helps but should you need more just PM me.

"We are but spiritual creatures enacting a physical existence."

xaeroak15

xaeroak15

The End/Out/Age of infinity

Any virus?
If your HD is damaged, please as few view (copy or past)it as
possible and get backup...

other, the HD line is well? check it out if loose/broke...

Signature
We are all in the infinite loop...

speedfreek19

speedfreek19

Belldandy Fanboy

what have you installed? sometimes it also depends on what is running in the background.
press CTRL + ALT + DELETE and go to process tab and see whats chewing the RAM. only close/end processes to things that you know what they are!

Signature Image

melikecookies

melikecookies

cookie monster

You should check for the newest drivers for all of your hardware, and run virus scans as well.

Hi

I assume you are running WinXP, this should help A LOT;
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/SupportCD/OptimizeXP.html

Run through the Tweaks section and also disable whatever Services you don't use (type services.msc into the run box). This should speed up your computer a lot.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.