Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Layout Types - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Leena

Leena

Leena = Raine = KYRILL

Hi, I know there are various types of website layout so can some one tell me each of it and their characteristics/differences.

Thank you.

BTW, i changed the layout of my website, have a look ^^
Arte Fiesta

Signature

You question isn't to clear Leena. Try to be more specific.

Looking at your website, that uses a pretty standard, sidebar navigation layout, which is tried and true.

That said you might want to make your site bigger, on my screen the text is really small and 50% of the width is empty.

whta do you wanna make i cant understan you?

foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten

Sentimental Daydreamer...

Okay... ummm I think you mean by coding differences?

Tables
Div Layer
Iframe
Popup

You're using tables? Honestly, to me, tables and div layer look pretty similar... then iframe is when there's an image and you click on links and the page loads in the box where content goes... and popup... no need to explain it ^^' I'm not much help >.< its been a while since I coded layouts.

Even though most people will tell you its best to use divs only, I say tables+css are the best way to go.
And iframes (or even "normal" frames) are evil. Avoid using them.

Nice website btw. Just the footer image looks ugly.

I can say, instead, that DIV and CSS are the best for many reasons.
1 - That's the way something have to be done (tables are officially for DATA not for Text!)
2 - You can respect Webstandards
3 - you can move DIV more freely tahn table cells
4 - you can assign every DIV a different behaviour or aspect
and lots more.
Iframes are deprecated and lots of patch were developed for browsers to fix their obtrusive use.
Frame will be deprecated to with new webstandards

Maybe now you don't mind, but when you find out that your sit can be seen by browsers as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Opera, Lynx on different Systems as Windows, McIntosh and Linux.... yeah you can laugh at others :)

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.