Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Trashing Out RavMonE.exe Virus - Minitokyo

Trashing Out RavMonE.exe Virus

page 1 of 1 8 total items

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

First a while, a little introduction on this type of computer virus:

Quote: RavMonE, known more correctly as RJump, is a Trojan that opens a back door on computers running Microsoft Windows. Once a computer is infected, the virus allows unauthorized users to gain access to the computer's contents. This poses a security risk for the infected machine, as the attacker can steal personal information, and use the computer as an access point into an internal network.

>>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RavMonE.exe

It's been a long while, I'm battling with this issue. This RavMonE.exe virus first entered into my Flash Drive from my university's computer (I didn't realized this at that time). Indeed, even after I tried cleaning the Flash Drive with NOD32 [ http://eset.com/download/index.php ], few days later that virus appears again inside. So, I use Prevx [ http://www.prevx.com/ ] as a precaution, lest the problem resurface again. (The other side is NOD32 seems to fail to detect its presence from the 'back door'.)

Is there any better way to clear off this virus from the Flash Drive? If i just connect this Flash Drive with my computer without entering, will it still discreetly spread into my computer too? (I suspected this because even Prevx doesn't show any virus presence indicator, unless i enter into Flash Drive's content through 'My Computer' section.) It's a great headache as this virus attacks through computer's 'back door', therefore escaping off from any security alarm. I do not know when it will affect my computer, nor if it will return back too.

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

LigerZSchnider

LigerZSchnider

Litterbox Trained........

Chuck the Flash Drive. There is no way you can sucessfully clear and reformat the drive without introducing it to your computer, unless there is a anti-virus for that particular virus.

"In the absence of orders, find something and kill it" - Erwin Rommel

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Honestly having been plagued with virus after virus myself I can just say it's just not worth the trouble. Like LigerZSchnider said just chuck the flash drive and get yourself a new one. These types of trojins pretty much are pests and I can't really think of any solution. If there was something important on that flash drive say goodbye. All I can suggest is keep it the heck away from your comp because more then likely it will spread and spread fast. You probably won't be able to get rid of it either simply because these things like to create little back up of themselves all over your comp. Which can only be remedied as far as I know by reformatting the entire computer. (This is the whole reason I stopped using windows and switched to macs)

I'll do some research but I doubt there will be any effective remedy for this.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

NeverEnd

NeverEnd

~+The Ice Prince+~

so its the flash drive that is infected? Well you might try to check the autorun file in the flash drive,usually the virus will associate together with the flash drive autorun so everytime you pluck into a computer,it will just run the virus directly.

How to check,as autorun file is a hidden systeym file...you need to go command prompt (by going to Run,then type cmd) and type this in "attrib -r -s -h (your drive name,example 'E:/')autorun.inf" without the double quotation.Once the autorun.inf file appear,go delete it away.This will then make sure the virus will not able to boot up when u pluck into computer.Before deleting,maybe you take a look into the autorun.inf file by right click open with notepad to see whether its associated with any other file,once you found some other file name in it..its probably the virus and do the same by using the cmd command above.This time,just change the 'autorun.inf' to the filename you want to find,once it appear,delete ur autorun.inf file first and then delete the virus.

I got infected by many virus also in my own school computers and they too spread through my thumbdrive...this is the method i always use to clear it.

And yes,you must pluck into computer to do the above steps.But i can recommend you one software that can help,go search for a program call "PowerShadow".Its allow you to run your computer into Shadow Mode,so that whatever you do on it once you restart ur com it will revert everything back to normal just like Norton Ghost.

To clear the virus in ur com,you should follow this link by manually deleting it.

Signature Image
"Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed."
Founder: Jigoku-Tsushin-MT,The-Dark-Angel-Suigintou,MT-Lucky-Star,Rosario-Vampire

AVG detects RavMonE.exe. Have you tried that?
Also did you check to see if your system is infected in the first place?

Signature

yukiyo

yukiyo

.: Autumn In My Heart </3

the same thing happened to my flash drive =___= my favourite one at that DDx

i lent it to a friend of mine to borrow and save her work from the school computers

and KAAPOW - its infected...

- [ you can illustrate your death in romance ] </3

that virus is an effing pain....good thing that the AVG scans well.....although my friends say that Avast! is better then AVG.....well what the heck...Avast allows RavMonE.exe to just stay in the computer!

-^^ X

There are some versions of this virus.
Someone told me to clean this virus in this way:
Step1:Enter safe mode and show all files and folders
Step2:Remove all RavMonE.exe and RavMonLog files
Step3:Remove all Autorun.inf and msvcr7.dll files, and then download a new msvcr7.dll file from Microsoft and put it into you %windir% directory.
Step4:Open regedit, and remove this key
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Wind(...)
C:\WINDOWS\RavMonE.exe

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.