Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Contest Winners - Minitokyo

Contest Winners

Group announcement by Timeless--Rain

Which artwork of the top six did you like best?

Mystical Rain (By rika23)
3 votes
Waiting for the Rain (By Akira-san)
0 votes
[Timeless R.a.i.n] (By Sakura-Dust)
1 votes
Colourful Rain (By o0Beginner0o)
5 votes
[Silent Tears of a W.o.m.a.n] (By Sakura-Dust)
2 votes
mirror of soul (By Steffimon)
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

yalubluchay

yalubluchay

G.A. Katara

Thank you all for participating in the contest. All of the entries were beautiful and the judges had a hard time grading them. A big THANKS to all the judges: simmi2410 , norine07 , and Lum-sann. :)

So the first prize winner is: o0Beginner0o
with the artwork Colourful Rain

Here are the scores added up :)

Mystical Rain (By rika23) --- 22/30
[Timeless R.a.i.n] (By Sakura-Dust) -- 18/30
[Silent Tears of a W.o.m.a.n] (By Sakura-Dust) -- 21.5/30
Waiting for the Rain (By Akira-san) -- 18.5/30
Rainy Day (By Akarix) -- 11/30
Colourful Rain (By o0Beginner0o) -- 24/30
mirror of soul (By Steffimon) -- 12/30

and the following is how the judges graded each artwork. each score was out of ten.

scoring by simmi2410

Mystical Rain (By rika23) ---point 9
well I had to confess that I underestimated this wall, full view made me realize that I was wrong! it was well made wall!
it's composition, idea, and bg color very apt for mystical rain title!
well done!

[Timeless R.a.i.n] (By Sakura-Dust) --point 7
Everything is fine, I mean composition, creativity(I like the rain water at the bottom)and text too image is going well with the mood of the wall.

[Silent Tears of a W.o.m.a.n] (By Sakura-Dust) -- point 10
I 've already explained my reason in the previous pm!I really like the idea of the wall, very well made wall.

Waiting for the Rain (By Akira-san) --point 7
This is neat and clean wall, I like the clarity of the wall, I am little disappointed by the brightness of the image though! but over all good wall!

Day (By Akarix) --score 5 (For it's neatness!)
Everything about this wall is vague, I mean look at the wall title is rainy day not a single drop of water is touching the image and also bg is not carefully planned!

Colourful Rain (By o0Beginner0o) --score 8
This wall really surprised me! or is this portrait qualify for this "WALL" competition, well I don't know for sure about this work of art!
I really like the details of the gown, well I had to give credit for it! original art should be encouraged!
well I am little displeased with the portrait, it should be in landscape size , this is a wall competition, alright!
I gave point becoz of the original art!

mirror of soul (By Steffimon) --6
Idea of the wall is good, and also I like the title of the wall, I am not entirly happy with the moon and image somehow I feel they are not looking part of the wall!
I give point for the idea.

scoing by norine07

Mystical Rain (By rika23) --- 5/10
[though the colours and all are beautiful and all, the rain does not really lok like rain, more of like she blowing some sprinkles around and all, the wallpaper does not show anything much, more on the general kind of wallpaper and concepts she's been working on for quite awhile, so she should try some other stuff as well, though the effect of gradients was really nice~ ^-^]

[Timeless R.a.i.n] (By Sakura-Dust) -- 5/10
[it's only an okie wallpaper i should say, the scan for some reason does not really blend in that well, and the sky is rather weird and out of place, the scan seems to be floating rather weird indeed, though the concept and layout was not bad~ ^-^]

[Silent Tears of a W.o.m.a.n] (By Sakura-Dust) -- 6.5/10
[though it shows a little originality, the background concept is quite simple, the text does not really go along as well, cause of the fonts.color and everything is okie, it shows simplism, i think that it should have more depth to it, and show more originality~ ^-^]

Waiting for the Rain (By Akira-san) --4.5/10
[well, rather simple wallpaper as well, i think the tree there is just out of place, the concept and all is okie, but the tree does not seem to blend in, other than that it;s quite alright, but it seems rather not much effort put into...it just like a stock at the back, and than add some lighting effects and all, layout is quite alright, but a little empty at the back.]

Rainy Day (By Akarix) --4/10
[well i love the texture and the gradient used, but it's a rather simple wall and nothing much.
the background is just sort of textured, by using like wind/tagger and blowing in the directions to give that effect, so nothing much really.]

Colourful Rain (By o0Beginner0o) -- 7/10
[lovely doujinshi, love the colours and all, concept is quite alright, layout, some parts are a little empty, but a really nice doujinshi and lots of effort put into drawing/colouring and shading~]

mirror of soul (By Steffimon) --3/10
[well dun really see any much rain around...layout is quite messy, though it might be a water reflection, i dun like the leaf brush it's sort of messying up the wall, and directing the attention away from the original concept of the rain instead, since the topic is the rain, it should be empathesised on. not the reflection or the leaf in the case of this one, so yup.]

scoring by Lum-sann

Mystical Rain (By rika23) --- 8

[Timeless R.a.i.n] (By Sakura-Dust) -- 6

[Silent Tears of a W.o.m.a.n] (By Sakura-Dust) -- 5

Waiting for the Rain (By Akira-san) -- 7

Rainy Day (By Akarix) -- 2 (In my opinion, there seems to be too much rain, and I think it's falling too diagonally. Also, the character should blend more with the background. The way it is, it stands out too much).

Colourful Rain (By o0Beginner0o) -- 9

mirror of soul (By Steffimon) -- 3

merged: 07-30-2007 ~ 11:17pm
hurray, congrats to the winners. and thanks to all for participating

Lum-sann

Lum-sann

A Gentle Flower

Congrats to the winners! :D

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

Congratulations to you guys for working hard! ^_^ I'm a little confused, though... I asked at the beginning of the contest if we could submit doujinshi, and I was told no.... when did that rule change? o_O

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

yalubluchay

yalubluchay

G.A. Katara

yeah i thought i sent u a pm, and i posted it on the front page.

IzumiChan

IzumiChan

Ano hi, kimi ga... mabushiikata.

Nya, I think that the names of each gallery item should be links for them... >.<
But congrats for everyone who joined! >u<

Signature
Newest Wallpaper: Sakura Squid~
I'm a member of: [KS] [AR] [CL] [CW] [FW] [HC]

auel1124

auel1124

I will fly with broken wings...

I think the same way as izumi-chan, the art should have got links ^^U
congrats everyone who participated, and to o0Beginner0o too! :)

Akira-san

Akira-san

Old School Waller

Considering my wall is very very old I guess it had a good result in the contest, haha xD Anyway, congrats to oOBeginnerOo for winning the contest ^^v

Signature

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Group Announcements | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.