Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What is a sin? - Minitokyo

What is a sin?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

As far as I've seen, a sin is something bad and etc... but in other terms, it's something that is not alligned with god's will or whatever you want to call it... If that's so, then how the hell do we know what a sin is? As far as I see it, if it's to be alligned with god's will, then we don't even know if we're sinning or not.

If one of god's will is not to go to the bathroom (1. We won't know. 2. Yes this is a stupid example) won't we all be "sinning" in terms of just going to the bathroom and such? For all we know, just being on this thread is sinning. XD

Edit: READ THIS FIRST POST. This is not a list making thread...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

Well if your told what not to do by someone and this someone has the ability to directly control your life you'd pay attention to what they say, also you wouldn't let someone else speak on their behalf.

Take a workplace for example, you do what your boss says when your boss says. If your boss is in their office and you have several employees tell you different opposing views about what your boss wants you to do, naturally your going to wait until your boss gives his orders directly.

In this real world we have no idea what our boss actually wants us to do because he hasn't directly told us anything and many don't trust the opposing views given by our various workmates (i.e. the many religions of the world, as well as opposing views within the same religions). Whether an action is good or bad is not our choice and we refuse to let others speak for our boss, if he really wanted to give an order he would do it directly.

My simple view is that a 'sin' is any action that knowingly has a negative or adverse effect on another being. You can do whatever you want in this world but if you do it at the expense of another person, that is what I believe a sin really is. If god exists he made this world for everyone to enjoy the way they choose, if god doesn't exist then man still has every right to enjoy their own life.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

You can't "know" what a sin is. You can only believe what you want to. As littlejohnny100 said, unless told directly, there's no way to be sure which, if any, of the views you are told are the right one. In this case, even if you're told directly you still can't be very sure. It would be like your boss talking to you in your head telling you to finish a paper before a certain deadline, although it makes a bit more sense in a way if you're hearing a god's voice in your head. However, in both cases it's not only possible, likely that you're just imagining it. If you see God come down from the sky in a bright, glowing light with others around you who can confirm that you say it, then you can be pretty sure that it happened. A recording of it would be nice too.

In most cases, it's because people were brought up with the religion and therefore believe the moral teachings of that religion. A great example is homosexuality, which many Christians believe to be a sin. They can't really justify that position other than "it's in the Bible" or "it's untraditional". Neither of those justifies it being a sin. The former might, depending on how you define sin.

ProgramZERO

ProgramZERO

The Lost Generation

What is a sin? Good question...

Sleeping peacefully on the edges of No Man's Land... Not all good is rewarded, not all evil is punished.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

than why dont u answer?

merged: 08-05-2007 ~ 01:54am
actully no one knows wut's sin perfectly
that's y we've to read bible
at least we know some

Signature

My definition of Sin is: when you conciously do something to hurt someone/something, or when you act as if your acts has no consequences. To make it shorter, it's when you are selfish.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

What is a sin?
well, where's the dictionary..?

Signature

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Sin, (not taking what the Bible or any other religious books say that sin is) I believe is what goes against your conscience or your morals. Though, if you look at it that way, different people have different morals and can think sins are entirely different things. ^_^'

Yuuuppp... since morality differs from people to people... it kind of makes you think about it... (at least me)

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

You misuse the word moral. Morality doesn't change between one person and another, values do. Values are subjective to a person or group or culture, etc. A moral is something that is objective and universal which does not depend on any one person or group. Values and morals often seem to get confused, and sometimes one is called the other, but it doesn't change what they are. Now, whether a particular person knows what is a moral and what is a value, and which they choose to believe is which and follow, is subjective in a way, since its simply what you know or don't know or have confused, and values will be generally whatever you have, morals may not be. If you value a moral, it is also a value for you, but its a moral without you, you can't turn a value that is not a moral into a moral though. This is all a point of language. Whether you believe, then, that there are ANY morals, is a different question.

As for what it is, I'll start with a quote from "Definition of Sin" section in the Catechism of the Catholic Church, since I think it does a good enough job defining it, although I would like to elaborate on it.

"1849 Sin is an offense against reason, truth, and right conscience; it is failure in genuine love for God and neighbor caused by a perverse attachment to certain goods. It wounds the nature of man and injures human solidarity. It has been defined as "an utterance, a deed, or a desire contrary to the eternal law."

Knowing whether a particular act is sinful is a bit of a problem. Knowing how that is determined helps a bit, which is generally done by examining the Object, Intention, and Circumstances of any act (I've not really found any other method from anywhere other than the childish "do what your conscience tells you" and "whatever you happen to think is good or bad", both of which are fairly the same and rather simplistic relativist ideas). Knowledge comes into play along the line, of course, in the Object, if an act itself is a sin (falls under the definition i gave) then the act is "bad" (may be a sin based on this, but not neccessarily, as discussed below), if the intention you have in performing the act is a bad intention, such as if you're if you're helping an old lady so that she'll put you in her will and you can kill her, or you simply intend to harm someone by whatever action, then the act is a sin, and if the circumstances surrounding an act make it bad, its generally a sin, and may be worse because of circumstances (like you blew up a building with 200 people as opposed to one with no one in it), also this may be where your knowledge comes in. If you don't KNOW, and don't have sufficiant ability to know, or are not in a position that you should have done something in order to know, that an act is bad, then it may negate the sinful quality of the act, it won't make a bad act good simply because you didn't know it was bad or thought it was good, but it may negate the sinful quality, or a degree of it, depending on the degree of ignorance. You can't really be blamed for ignorance, although you are responsible, and others are responsible to you, to remove ignorance and develope a sufficient knowledge and ability to determine good and evil.

Now, where do you get this knowledge? Well, personally, I think much of it is common sense to MOST of us, and we are generally taught basic principals of right and wrong, in various degrees, emphasis, and quality, by others (not always correctly, granted). Beyond that, God does outline many instructions and reveal to those who wish to know much of what is good and what we should do. Some of you have said that you can't be sure, and that the abudence of different views confuses, but a person who has faith is, in fact, certain. Thats simply what faith is, certainty, whether it is correct or not is a different issue. Also, alot of those with faith simply don't understand it and might not know everything even that they have faith in, but they have to start from faith in order to truly gain the knowledge they need, and if they seek understanding from faith, hopefully their faith will be purified in a way by the understanding, which in turn would allow for greater understanding and knowledge.

Will any of us ever have full knowledge of all these things? Unlikely, but you can act and determine some degree of whether a thing is sinful or not by what you can know. Its actually kinda like science, you might not factually know alot, but based on other things you can develope at least a good enough understanding on which to act on and can be certain enough of some things.

This very same question was posed by Kathleen Norris in her book "Dakota: A Spiritual Geography," she made me think about what my beliefs were, too.
Personally, I think a sin is any act that goes against what is good. For example, giving is generally considered an act of good, so stealing would be a sin. As for what should be considered good, that's really something you should ask yourself. I do not necessarily follow the virtues set forth by the bible, but that does not mean that I have no morals. It simply means that I do what I think is the right thing to do, which is really all any of us can do.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
http://my.gpxpl.us/BloodWolfX

Quote: You misuse the word moral. Morality doesn't change between one person and another, values do. Values are subjective to a person or group or culture, etc. A moral is something that is objective and universal which does not depend on any one person or group. Values and morals often seem to get confused, and sometimes one is called the other, but it doesn't change what they are. Now, whether a particular person knows what is a moral and what is a value, and which they choose to believe is which and follow, is subjective in a way, since its simply what you know or don't know or have confused, and values will be generally whatever you have, morals may not be. If you value a moral, it is also a value for you, but its a moral without you, you can't turn a value that is not a moral into a moral though. This is all a point of language. Whether you believe, then, that there are ANY morals, is a different question.

Morality changes from people to people... values changes from people to people. I can call something bad, and I would consider it bad, but this other person would consider it good. Such things are stuff like abortion, gay rights, etc... (the more obvious ones)

Quote: "1849 Sin is an offense against reason, truth, and right conscience; it is failure in genuine love for God and neighbor caused by a perverse attachment to certain goods. It wounds the nature of man and injures human solidarity. It has been defined as "an utterance, a deed, or a desire contrary to the eternal law."

Not actually such a great definition since according to the Christian religious people... a sin is something that is not aligned with god's will..

Quote: Beyond that, God does outline many instructions and reveal to those who wish to know much of what is good and what we should do. Some of you have said that you can't be sure, and that the abudence of different views confuses, but a person who has faith is, in fact, certain. Thats simply what faith is, certainty, whether it is correct or not is a different issue. Also, alot of those with faith simply don't understand it and might not know everything even that they have faith in, but they have to start from faith in order to truly gain the knowledge they need, and if they seek understanding from faith, hopefully their faith will be purified in a way by the understanding, which in turn would allow for greater understanding and knowledge.

Though this is a topic that includes religion since sin is of a religious term, just exactly how is having faith anything to do with it though...? I mean, having faith can be of certainty, but that's because it's faith, it doesn't deem it true...

Quote: If you don't KNOW, and don't have sufficiant ability to know, or are not in a position that you should have done something in order to know, that an act is bad, then it may negate the sinful quality of the act, it won't make a bad act good simply because you didn't know it was bad or thought it was good, but it may negate the sinful quality, or a degree of it, depending on the degree of ignorance. You can't really be blamed for ignorance, although you are responsible, and others are responsible to you, to remove ignorance and develope a sufficient knowledge and ability to determine good and evil.

So... me throwing a dog out of a 100 floor tower/building and not knowing that the dog would die, so, that's not sinful? If sinful has to be within our knowledge, then that just makes no sense... You can have someone who just don't know what a gun is and accidentally points, shoots, and kill someone, that's killing, does that make it not sinful? Does the "thou shalt not kill" not apply there? It's still considered a sin to the vast majority. Even saying just killing someone who kills other people, that's still considerably killing, but will that then be considered a sin?

Just to restate, morality does change from people to people because morality is of a human's level of thinking it's thinking of whether something is good or bad and because the views good and bad are subjective it ties into morality... If morality doesn't change, then that means everyone's mind is all the same and we're all be creepy clones... (not really clones and not really creepy...)

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Quote by DarkRoseofHell

Quote: You misuse the word moral. Morality doesn't change between one person and another, values do. Values are subjective to a person or group or culture, etc. A moral is something that is objective and universal which does not depend on any one person or group. Values and morals often seem to get confused, and sometimes one is called the other, but it doesn't change what they are. Now, whether a particular person knows what is a moral and what is a value, and which they choose to believe is which and follow, is subjective in a way, since its simply what you know or don't know or have confused, and values will be generally whatever you have, morals may not be. If you value a moral, it is also a value for you, but its a moral without you, you can't turn a value that is not a moral into a moral though. This is all a point of language. Whether you believe, then, that there are ANY morals, is a different question.

Morality changes from people to people... values changes from people to people. I can call something bad, and I would consider it bad, but this other person would consider it good. Such things are stuff like abortion, gay rights, etc... (the more obvious ones)

Quote: "1849 Sin is an offense against reason, truth, and right conscience; it is failure in genuine love for God and neighbor caused by a perverse attachment to certain goods. It wounds the nature of man and injures human solidarity. It has been defined as "an utterance, a deed, or a desire contrary to the eternal law."

Not actually such a great definition since according to the Christian religious people... a sin is something that is not aligned with god's will..

Quote: Beyond that, God does outline many instructions and reveal to those who wish to know much of what is good and what we should do. Some of you have said that you can't be sure, and that the abudence of different views confuses, but a person who has faith is, in fact, certain. Thats simply what faith is, certainty, whether it is correct or not is a different issue. Also, alot of those with faith simply don't understand it and might not know everything even that they have faith in, but they have to start from faith in order to truly gain the knowledge they need, and if they seek understanding from faith, hopefully their faith will be purified in a way by the understanding, which in turn would allow for greater understanding and knowledge.

Though this is a topic that includes religion since sin is of a religious term, just exactly how is having faith anything to do with it though...? I mean, having faith can be of certainty, but that's because it's faith, it doesn't deem it true...

Quote: If you don't KNOW, and don't have sufficiant ability to know, or are not in a position that you should have done something in order to know, that an act is bad, then it may negate the sinful quality of the act, it won't make a bad act good simply because you didn't know it was bad or thought it was good, but it may negate the sinful quality, or a degree of it, depending on the degree of ignorance. You can't really be blamed for ignorance, although you are responsible, and others are responsible to you, to remove ignorance and develope a sufficient knowledge and ability to determine good and evil.

So... me throwing a dog out of a 100 floor tower/building and not knowing that the dog would die, so, that's not sinful? If sinful has to be within our knowledge, then that just makes no sense... You can have someone who just don't know what a gun is and accidentally points, shoots, and kill someone, that's killing, does that make it not sinful? Does the "thou shalt not kill" not apply there? It's still considered a sin to the vast majority. Even saying just killing someone who kills other people, that's still considerably killing, but will that then be considered a sin?

Just to restate, morality does change from people to people because morality is of a human's level of thinking it's thinking of whether something is good or bad and because the views good and bad are subjective it ties into morality... If morality doesn't change, then that means everyone's mind is all the same and we're all be creepy clones... (not really clones and not really creepy...)

Morality does NOT change from people to people because it is not DEPENDENT on people. Values do because they are dependent on people. Morality is objective values are subjective. Alot of people think morals are subjective but they simply are not. What a person THINKS is moral may depend on people, but it does not change what is ACTUALLY a moral one way or the other. Just like if a thing is green it doesn't matter if a person thinks its red (real example actually, red-green colorblindness), and just because a child might think 2+3=24 doesn't mean it is.

As I said, its a matter of language, Morals are objective, universal, and eternal and are independant of people, whether or not you believe there ARE morals is another matter. You might just as well think there there is nothing that fits that catagory, but that doesn't change that thats what morals are.

As for the deffinition, it actually goes on and elaborates to that effect later, but in any case, that definition does in fact indicate that a sin is against God, since it is that which is offensive to the eternal law, which has its direct root in God, and it already said that it is a failure in genuine love of God.

Faith has to do with the argument that you cannot know what the will of God is. If you have faith, you at least believe you do know some of the will of God, or at least that God has given you instructions from which you can figure some of it out.
Also, if you have faith and follow it and act, God may give you that more explicate instruction people seem to want. Faith actually is more directly involved with sin too since it can perfect the goodness of acts and so on, but thats really a much longer and somewhat seperate discussion and not that huge to the point at hand.

Anyway, if you threw the dog out, and you really, REALLY did not know it would harm the dog at all, and had no indication that it would, and throught to the contrary, it might not be so bad. Still wouldn't be good, but wouldn't neccessarily be a sin. But, then you might have to ask why you threw it out anyway? If you did it without reason then you have another set of problems to deal with. And what the vast majority considers to be a sin doesn't matter, since all that matters is what God conciders to be a sin, after all, didn't you just say sin had something to do with God's will? If you have do not have freedom and do not have knowledge, you are less accountable for your actions, depending on the degree of both and your ability to have them, you may still have some accountability, but that has alot of factors to consider. In any case, if someone put wires into your head that controlled your body and you shot someone under this influence, you would not be in a state of sin since you had no freedom to or not to do this act (unless you consented beforehand to submit to this whole body control for this purpose or something), and likewise if you had taken precautions and had no way of knowing that two chemicals were mislabeled and were mixing them for one purpose and they exploded because they were not what you thought they were and the explosion killed several people, you are not neccessarily in a state of sin. Anyway, alot of this is negated, as I said, since MOST of the obvious things people DO know and know from common sense or other sources, like not killing and such. But lets say someone is mentally challanged and has been kept in a isolation for years and doesn't know that taking food he didn't pay for is wrong, then he might not be accountable.

Quote: Morality does NOT change from people to people because it is not DEPENDENT on people. Values do because they are dependent on people. Morality is objective values are subjective. Alot of people think morals are subjective but they simply are not. What a person THINKS is moral may depend on people, but it does not change what is ACTUALLY a moral one way or the other. Just like if a thing is green it doesn't matter if a person thinks its red (real example actually, red-green colorblindness), and just because a child might think 2+3=24 doesn't mean it is.

I don't think you really understand it... Like what I said, gay rights, abortions, the few of the obvious. I say gay rights is good, you can differ and say that it's wrong. Our morality is our view on what's right and wrong. If it isn't, then what is it from? If we have no morals, no animals would. We'd all be savage beasts. All animals would be savage beasts. A bear wouldn't bother protecting their cubs if they have no morals...

Quote: Faith has to do with the argument that you cannot know what the will of God is. If you have faith, you at least believe you do know some of the will of God, or at least that God has given you instructions from which you can figure some of it out.
Also, if you have faith and follow it and act, God may give you that more explicate instruction people seem to want. Faith actually is more directly involved with sin too since it can perfect the goodness of acts and so on, but thats really a much longer and somewhat seperate discussion and not that huge to the point at hand.

Faith is to believe... that's why it's called faith, you're putting it out as god is an actual existence... To have faith can be to believe in something that is or isn't of existence.

Quote: Anyway, alot of this is negated, as I said, since MOST of the obvious things people DO know and know from common sense or other sources, like not killing and such. But lets say someone is mentally challanged and has been kept in a isolation for years and doesn't know that taking food he didn't pay for is wrong, then he might not be accountable.

Aside from you just keep saying god existing and the fact that in Christianity's terms, a sin is what is not aligned with god's will. Since in your case, you are religious, given the fact that you don't know what god's will is, for all you know, you're just sinning being on this thread. For not being aligned with god's will is what in Christian's term is a sin and since if it's not of god's will, how is not having knowledge of it anything to do with it being a sin? Sin is usually portrayed as something bad. Would something bad literally have that quality of bad be taken away just out of the lack of knowledge?

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

Again, you are confusing morals with values. Yes, you say abortion is good, I say it is bad, another person says another thing. But those are our values. I value all forms of life, you value something else, someone else values something else, and thus we think one way or another. What the moral is doesn't depend on what ANY of us think, its simply there. Do we know what it is neccessarily? Maybe, maybe not, we may disagree on what we THINK it is, but that doesn't change what it ACTUALLY is. Our VALUES are our views on right and wrong. What are morals from then? God. If you don't believe in God, you might argue it comes from the objective ordering of the universe, but that doesn't seem all that appealing to me. If you don't believe that, you don't believe in morals, you probably just believe in Values, and I think thats the case since you keep describing values.

Do I think there are morals? Yes. Do I think we would be more like animals without morals? Probably. Would a bear protect its cubs without morals? yea, its called instinct and training, read about it sometime.

Faith is stronger than to beleive, and you're point that you can beilieve in something that does or does not exist I already said. Its not really relevent.

And you think we don't have some indication of what God's Will is. You think God didn't give us instruction and revelation, or at least that I do not believe he has done such? What do you think that I think he was doing for those 33 years he was on earth? And what about the Holy Spirit? What about the instructions given to the Isrealites? What about the laws everyone seems to know, that is in our nature, like the basic understanding that we should not lie (its in fact harder to lie than to tell the truth), or that we should eat at times, or that we should not kill and harm everyone, if for not other reason than that we need them and fear their retaliation?

Why shouldn't I be on this thread? As far as I can determine it is not causing me to do anything God has revealed to be wrong, and so far it seems I'm only doing what He has said to do, I've proclaimed my faith in Him it seems, i've been trying to instruct the ignorant, and I'm not harming anyone as far as I can tell. Now, its possible I am doing something wrong, possible I should be using this time doing something else, or maybe I'm doing what I think is good in an improper manner, and maybe I am in some sin then, but I think that if that is the case, it is lessened due to me not fully knowing about it, and I don't think its the case anyway. In any case, there are usually options for us to act and still act in a good way, I am not a Hindu, and do not believe in Kharma nor Dharma, and thus I do not have a specific way of acting in every situtation that I must follow.

In any case, yea, we lack knowledge, yes its hard for us to figure out what to do, but we act anyway, we do the best we can to figure out and act according to something we are reaching for and are trying to allign to, just because we don't have perfect knowledge of it does not mean we don't have some and cannot act towards it, and it also doesn't mean that we determine what it is just because otherwise we don't know what it is exactly.

Quote: Again, you are confusing morals with values. Yes, you say abortion is good, I say it is bad, another person says another thing. But those are our values. I value all forms of life, you value something else, someone else values something else, and thus we think one way or another. What the moral is doesn't depend on what ANY of us think, its simply there. Do we know what it is neccessarily? Maybe, maybe not, we may disagree on what we THINK it is, but that doesn't change what it ACTUALLY is. Our VALUES are our views on right and wrong. What are morals from then? God. If you don't believe in God, you might argue it comes from the objective ordering of the universe, but that doesn't seem all that appealing to me. If you don't believe that, you don't believe in morals, you probably just believe in Values, and I think thats the case since you keep describing values.

Values are what something holds to you, how precious it is to you, or how worthless it is to you. To value something is given like a price tag, the more you value something, the more passion it is for what you value. What you value has nothing to do with morality... Morality is something that is of good and bad, valueing is something that pertains only to your feelings towards one thing that is how you hold to it, not of good or bad.

Quote: Do I think there are morals? Yes. Do I think we would be more like animals without morals? Probably. Would a bear protect its cubs without morals? yea, its called instinct and training, read about it sometime.

No, instincts is of our actions without thoughts. It's survival, but for a bear to protect it's cubs has nothing to do with instincts. We have instincts if you don't know it. All animals have morals. You protect something that you love, because it is considered good to you.

Quote: And you think we don't have some indication of what God's Will is. You think God didn't give us instruction and revelation, or at least that I do not believe he has done such? What do you think that I think he was doing for those 33 years he was on earth? And what about the Holy Spirit? What about the instructions given to the Isrealites? What about the laws everyone seems to know, that is in our nature, like the basic understanding that we should not lie (its in fact harder to lie than to tell the truth), or that we should eat at times, or that we should not kill and harm everyone, if for not other reason than that we need them and fear their retaliation?

Laws...? It is not a law to lie, it is not a law to tell the truth. Before a government or society established for the sake of survival, killing wasn't considered a law. Nothing was considered a law. Human emotions and a higher understanding of reasoning is what allows us to find what is good or bad.

Quote: Why shouldn't I be on this thread? As far as I can determine it is not causing me to do anything God has revealed to be wrong, and so far it seems I'm only doing what He has said to do, I've proclaimed my faith in Him it seems, i've been trying to instruct the ignorant, and I'm not harming anyone as far as I can tell. Now, its possible I am doing something wrong, possible I should be using this time doing something else, or maybe I'm doing what I think is good in an improper manner, and maybe I am in some sin then, but I think that if that is the case, it is lessened due to me not fully knowing about it, and I don't think its the case anyway. In any case, there are usually options for us to act and still act in a good way, I am not a Hindu, and do not believe in Kharma nor Dharma, and thus I do not have a specific way of acting in every situtation that I must follow.

Oh, please do tell, what has god told you? Seriously... if you had a child or a loved one that you hold very dearly to you, and someone was going to kill them, would you not harm that person in order to protect? Would you go to the extent of killing them just so your loved ones are protected? It is still killing, it is still in your bible as a sin, it still violates "Thou shalt not kill" and exactly why did you bring up Hindu in such a fashion, we're talking about your religion, nothing to do with another, and apparently you are suggesting superiority of your religion over another.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

killing someone to protect someone, if u do that, God will reward bcoz of ur kindness, but He will also give u a punishment bcoz there's written in the bible that, 'do not kill'

Signature

You know how much that makes no sense? It's hypocritical, what's the point in rewarding someone and punishing someone at the same time? Is it really considered kindness? Would it be considered kind to the victim? Apparently not, though the victim probably already should be expecting something like that, killing is still killing, nothing is kind to it.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

maybe not at the same time, btw
well, in this world, if u do good things, people like u, but if u dont, like killing people, they'll ignore u.. thats just the same rite.
n not evry bad people alwayz doing bad things, they sumtimes doing rite things too.
it's like there r people who support bush, n the others dont like him, fo' example.
God's counting evry sins n evry kindness u have.

Signature

Please do note, what's kind to us and what's kind to others is different...

A really nice example, the american revolution, we were fighting for what we believe and the british thought we were these idiot brutes only seeking for power and whatever (this might be exaggerated but you get the point).

Quote: well, in this world, if u do good things, people like u, but if u dont, like killing people, they'll ignore u.. thats just the same rite.
n not evry bad people alwayz doing bad things, they sumtimes doing rite things too.

You're making it sound like people that don't do good thing is a bad person. A person who does good thing can be a bad person too you know? A person that does bad thing can be a good person. Plus, what do you mean by ignoring? It makes no sense...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

kingray100

kingray100

Ryu,the half demon

I think a sin is something bad....or something that causes a noticeable negative effect on other people.

Though religious terms is said being gay is a sin, is it bad? Does it negatively effect others? I don't see it doing that, which is exactly why there's a question in what sin is...

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote by DarkRoseofHellPlease do note, what's kind to us and what's kind to others is different...

A really nice example, the american revolution, we were fighting for what we believe and the british thought we were these idiot brutes only seeking for power and whatever (this might be exaggerated but you get the point).

Quote: well, in this world, if u do good things, people like u, but if u dont, like killing people, they'll ignore u.. thats just the same rite.

..A person who does good thing can be a bad person too you know? A person that does bad thing can be a good person. Plus, what do you mean by ignoring? It makes no sense...

yes, i agree.. i mean, their friends or families would ignore
them- murders- although they're their friends

Signature

First things first, fix your grammar so I can understand you. Next, they won't ignore anyone that does good or bad deeds, in fact, they probably would bother the person killing because there are people that wants revenge or wants to bring criminals to justice...

Quote: In war, there is no right or wrong

I forgot where I got that from and who it was by. >.>

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 44 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.