Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 What do you look for in anime/manga? - Minitokyo

What do you look for in anime/manga?

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

What elements do you look for or want when you watch anime or read manga? What themes, tone, style, mood, characters, plot, etc....

I like anime with a sense of mystery, that makes you question which side is good and which is evil right up until the very end. And, I admit, I like a dark brooding anti-hero for the protagonist.

"I reject your reality, and substitute my own."
http://my.gpxpl.us/BloodWolfX

I like fantasy + comedy type of anime. A good example will be Rave. Anime like Lucky Star is good too

The Future Remains A Mystery, Hidden In A Great Cloud Of Unknowing

an interesting world (like with Bleach, Naruto, Gundam, Escaflowne...whatever ^_^) and some intense action.
For me it boils down to a good story and intense battles. (otherwise I'd just read a book ^_^)

Heaven-Phoenix

Heaven-Phoenix

Chinmoku no Tenshi

Hm...I'm fine with almost any anime, other than those that are seriously bloody. ^^;; But if I must choose...I'd say fantasy, comedy, and action. But more importantly, the anime/manga must be well drawn, and the animation for the anime must be good. XD The storyline/plot is also important, but I'm not too picky about that.

The things I look for in an anime / manga is good art, good plot (like if it's funny, and interesting)... ^_^

I tend to enjoy anime with comedy and good art. I'm pretty open to most anime, but like Heaven-Phoenix, I can't do extreme bloody violence. A good example of what I like is Get Backers and Full Metal Panic Fumoffu!

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

I look for a well shown/told plot and artwork.

good story, good artwork, good characters.

i look for romance, beautiful and handsome characters.

I look for Action, Romance, Comedy, and most importantly hot main characters.

I'd have to say something long(not always tho) with a compelling story, generally a believable sci-fi story. Art is also important, cuz i cant watch and definetly cant read somehting with bad art. characters have to be awesome, cuz i dislike a lot of characters.

-GM

Design. I don't like animes with an ugly draw.... (: that's all, i think also i like more shonen than shojo O_O

Nice art, generally good storyline, must be shonen, and hopefully it's something magical/supernatural/out of this world.

good animation, good story doesn't need to be an extraordinary/revolutionary story an well written story is enough and ... a good ending:)

kmstarl1t3

Chiathea

GREAT artwork, a good storyline, and GREAT MUSIC. Three of my favourite things well...there's the fashion or clothes or whatever that goes along with it hehehe... ^_^'

.:. Love it<3 while it's still here--> .:.

mmh...i like all sort of anime and manga but especially fantasy, comedy, action and sometimes shojo. id sure like if it has great atwork, but if the story's very good, then ill still watch/read it =P

TrigunPreacherGirl

TrigunPreacherGirl

Alchemic Heartbeat

I hope for a good story (unpredictable outcome), with interesting main and supporting characters. If a series is purely romance, without any other elements it doesn't hold my interest for long (Kare First Love comes to mind). I look for stories that typically take place in utter fantasy, but with believable characters (Fullmetal Alchemist, for example), or stories like the manga Skip Beat because the characters are fascinating to me.

*Insert random inspirational message here, please!*
Disregarding reality, one fact at a time! I have every reason to be grateful, yet none to be happy.
http://articles.techrepublic.com.com/5100-10881-6075621.html#

Hmm..I'd go for anything as long as it's got a good story and neat graphics. And good characters. I'd often catch myself reading/watching a series because the characters kept me into it, even when the plot was struggling along.
..like when I read Akuma de Sourou for Takeru and his friends, but hated Kayano with all my heart.

As for genres...mostly shounen stuff. Action, adventure, fantasy/magic, historical...I guess. I don't really like series with girls as main characters, I found they tend to be too whiny and relying on the supporting male characters who also happen to be their crushes *sigh* So I usually watch/read series with a cast of more male characters than female ones. It's entertaining, especially because I'm a yaoi fan.

Katherinemoon

Katherinemoon

Come with me

I like it to look cute. You know shinny, and fluffy. I just love it if its appeling to the eye.

Call me Princess!!

with everything except with too much blood and sex and echi jookes too much.

Imashitowareto

Imashitowareto

far away~~

i will choose plot and character design!^^these two are the most important for me to choose anime and manga

I am writing like a manga for the future and i like the thing u said, that u dont' know which is good or evil, this is interesting, and the characters..hmmm...i like kinda romantics and normal, not too much happy or exagerate

Signature Image

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

It is mostly with me the plot and character designs.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

Hmm... the story and the art... ^^ Oh.. and the price too... Lolz

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 38 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.