Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Devil May Cry Anime - Minitokyo

Devil May Cry Anime

page 1 of 1 21 total items

I'm a huge fan of the Devil May Cry game franchise. So once, I heard they were bringing out the anime in Japan, I immediately took an interest in it. Has anyone else been watching this anime?

sonryu

sonryu

DVD Box Designer

I've been watching it (as I'm a fan of the games as well), but I'm not overly impressed with it.

I like this one to bad its almost over, only 12 episodes.

I'm also a fan of the games but i have only watched 4 episodes and it isnt bad. but i prefere the games

Alistare

Alistare

Stand Alone Complex

I've been watching it on tvlinks and it's been pretty good so far. I'm up to episode 5, it's got alot of good action. I'm sure someone will pick it up for an english release soon. Dante shoots alot of shit, eats alot of strawberry icecream, and I like his sword. It just drops out of nowhere when he needs it. :)

I like to disturb the harmony of the pond by throwing a handful of pebbles in all at once. ~ Me
There are so many fragile things, after all. People break so easily. So do dreams and hearts. ~ Neil GaimanSignature Image

It is very weak series. It is like filler epsiodes you would find in mainstream anime that aren't part of a main story.

I've seen every ep and although I'm glad to have seen it, I find it only average...drags on a bit and does feel like fillers, just like phenomenon9999 said

I agree with most ppl who posted above. I've seen the first 7 episodes, but I find it kind of a disappointment, the games are more fun :) I can't discover a storyline and the characters aren't really interesting, but the art is quite good ^_^'

iam download the DMC anime .. but i didn't watch it yet ..
and when i know that the anime is just 13 eps!
i don't feel like see it -_-"

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I've also heard that they are in the process of making a movie, live action though, to play around with some more of the devil may cry scene...I can't really remember anything else about it...and the anime is rather well put together I hope that they can work around with more episodes

BuBbLeS!

Signature

I do agree that there was not much of a storyline. And that took away a little bit of the essence of the series. However, it wasn't so bad that I did not enjoy it.

blazinstreaks

blazinstreaks

Persocom Technician

I've watched the 1st episode.
At first glance, it looks kinda cool but after watching it, I don't feel like continuing the 2nd episode.
The storyline is just too plain.

Overall, for an anime its quite good.
Although lots, perhaps mainly, show off scenes for Dante.
Nonetheless, i find it good in most parts, except that it was only 12 episodes

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

I'm wondering why people dislike it so much. It's glossy, violent, with little need for plot, which is pretty much what the games are. Despite what people seem to think, DMC has a threadbare plot used an excuse to wander around bizarre and dark scenery to shoot and hack at things with infinite weaponary.

As an anime series it is good. Not brilliant, but good. Beautifully animated, nice & glossy with short plot-lines so you don't lose interest.

As an adaptation it is pretty good. They've not bothered to re-tell what you already know from the games. You're watching it because you already know all that, so there's no need to treat the audience like a bunch of gold-fished brained dimwits. Just enough exposition in each episode to explain the story, and then let your brain switch off while you sit back and enjoy the action.

It's just a series of small stories that are additional to what you already know from the games. In other words, brain dead fun.

quite a good anime for a 12 episode anime!

Akinosuke

Akinosuke

I'm a "kawaii" fan.. sue me

I liked this anime too! There wasn't any huge plot in it I know, but enough to make it enjoyable series, as short as it was. The first scene at the first episode was so cool that I was hooked already after that scene (The one at the bar) ;D
And this anime boosted me wanting to play the new DMC4 even more! And the Japanese VA's were very good even though I'm used to hear the English ones in the games.

Soroga

Soroga

Is busy again

well the anime was kinda gorey so i guess that gave some points to make me watch it, but it just wasn't as good as i thought it'd be if you get what i mean...I was expecting more, because the game was so good, and i saw the trailer for it quite some time before it was released. (and the fact that wowow was helping parts of the production, i wanted to watch it more)

i'm not saying it's bad, but it just didn't live up to the quality the game offers when you compare anime to game

^_^

i like the graphics but sometimes the story turns boring because of the lack of action

I quite Disapointed with this anime, I prefer the game compare than anime

I was so happy to now that there was an anime for it!
and it was sad that it was only 12ep
but it was AWESOME!, I mean for those who actually played the game :D

i highly recomend the game

page 1 of 1 21 total items

Back to New Releases & Licensing | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.