Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Doujinshi Minimum Resolution Requirement - Minitokyo

Doujinshi Minimum Resolution Requirement

page 1 of 1 3 total items

euna

Retired Moderator

euna

Quote: Doujinshi

* Submissions must have a minimum of six-hundred-thousand (600,000) pixels.
* Doujinshi must feature a manga, anime, or related character or be draw in the style typically associated with manga and anime.
* You may not submit drawings done on lined notebook paper or other unsuitable stationery.
* You may not submit digital photographs of your drawings. All doujinshi submissions must be properly scanned using a scanner.

Due to a request from a member, I'm making a formal announcement (a very late one) regarding the doujinshi minimum pixel requirement, which was put into place about a year ago.

The new requirement states that doujinshi resolutions need to be 600,000 px or greater. As many of you will have already found out, you can't possibly submit a doujinshi that is below this requirement.

However, regarding the old doujinshis, moderators have very slowly been going through the old gallery looking for small artworks and others of low quality. In the case of these old artworks submitted before the new policy implementation, artworks below 600,000 px were and will be deleted to allow for those that are of acceptable quality but just missed the requirement.

If your old artwork is deleted, then it is not the end of the world. We encourage members to resubmit larger versions of their old artworks as long as it is of high enough quality and has not been enlarged.

I will also take this opportunity to state that alternate versions of the same artwork aren't allowed. This goes for wallpapers AND doujinshis. I have seen members submit one artwork in black and white and submit the same that has been coloured. If you want to share both with other members, don't waste your credits and just submit one. The other versions can be uploaded to another image hosting site and be linked in the description of the version that you submitted. This way, we don't get gallery spams and you don't have to waste your credits.

Any queries can be directed to me via PM or guestbook message. Either is fine. I won't bite your head off if you have something to ask (lol).

To other moderators, if I've made a mistake, please feel free to edit this thread as needed.

EternalParadox

Retired Moderator

EternalParadox

.:Enigma Mod:.

Clarification:

If you do a vector, and then use that vector to create a separate wallpaper, those are two different things and will not be counted as alternate versions.

EternalParadox
Previously the Forum, Vector Art, and Policy Moderator

Saikusa

Retired Moderator

Saikusa

~ scan-holic ~

Quote by EternalParadoxClarification:

If you do a vector, and then use that vector to create a separate wallpaper, those are two different things and will not be counted as alternate versions.

Unless all you have done is 1, simply re-sized it to wallpaper proportions, or 2, extended a very basic background.

Considerable effort still has to be made to transform your vector into a wallpaper, otherwise the wallpaper version will be deleted for minimal effort.

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to News | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.