Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Compulsory MSN Upgrade?! - Minitokyo

Compulsory MSN Upgrade?!

Does this new version benefits you?

Yes
2 votes
No
1 votes
Not sure
4 votes
I'm not involved
0 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

First of the first, this applies on MSN Messenger of ver. 6.2, 7.0 and 7.5 & Windows Live Messenger 8.0
[To know if yours is targeted too, you can try signing in. If a notice related to upgrading appears, yet it refuse to sign in after you cancel it; yes, you are in]

The news---> http://www.infoworld.com/article/07/09/13/Microsoft-forces-Messenger-upgrade-for-security_1.html

Original source----> http://messengersays.spaces.live.com/Blog/cns!5B410F7FD930829E!29167.entry

There's an announcement lately that all MSN & WLM of those versions (stated above) MUST upgrade their accounts to Windows Live Messenger 8.1. Otherwise, they won't be able to sign in.

It states the security reasons as its main cause of action, plus a "better way" to get everyone's involvement for full protection.

Yet this decision, though vaguely, has received mixed reactions.

(And yes, My account is targeted too)

So, I wonder if any of you have been affected. Do tell me if it benefits you or otherwise. :)

[p/s: if this tread has already existed, my apologize in advance]

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

midsummer

midsummer

Arashic! <3

eh? i've not been affected thou'
i'm using msn ver 7.0... i think XD

LOL, like it would seriously make a difference...

i'm not really that bothered about having my msn messenger up-to-date thou' XD

NeverEnd

NeverEnd

~+The Ice Prince+~

i am using Windows Live Messenger 8.1 though,does not have any problem with it...why don't upgrade? I mean yeah maybe some new version does have problem and so on that why ppl don't choose to upgrade but...i am using 8.1 and so far never face any problem

Signature Image
"Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed."
Founder: Jigoku-Tsushin-MT,The-Dark-Angel-Suigintou,MT-Lucky-Star,Rosario-Vampire

meh who cares.... personally i like it... windows lives messenger... THEN..... " A Patch " your messenger and remove all the ads to your liking and tweak it to how you want it to be =) cause personally.. it does have some pretty neat features

HikaruKage

HikaruKage

Inane Devvy

currently using: MSN Messenger 8.1, or more precisely, i'm really using messenger plus.
No problems yet, but only thing bugging me is when i open received music or video files, the 'security' programme will delete it if i open it through the chat window (i'm not sure about other versions since it's been 3 years since my last msn old version chat.)

DeviantART
People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use. -Soren Kierkegaard
Perhaps it's harder to watch the burdened that to be burdened, that is why people always look away. -M.

dont u think the new msn just look more nice ?

those security stuff are useless! lol!

lol yeah security is pretty pointless on MSN...u'd have to be an idiot to get a file from someone you don't know

It doesn't apply to me anyways I'm in Linux using GAIM :P

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.