Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Honest opinion on wallpaper preferences - Minitokyo

Honest opinion on wallpaper preferences

Ecchi or Skillful

Ecchi
4 votes
Skillful
28 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 14 total items

dslassey

dslassey

The Crazy Gringo

Simply put, which do you prefer, and ecchi wallpaper, or wallpaper that's not ecchi, but has a lot more time and effort put into it.

I started thinking about this after I submitted my latest wallpaper. Some weeks ago I submitted Read With Mewhich, as you can see, is ecchi. Sure it looks nice, but I didn't put my all into it. Now, a day ago I submitted Autumn Garden, in which I spent a lot of time and effort on (about 3 of your earth days) to complete. Yet it's reception wasn't as good as the ecchi one. So, this raised the question that I asked.

Just voice your opinion. :)

Hachiko

Hachiko

The Akita on MiniTokyo

I like wallpapers that are done in good taste, and are made by those who have extensive experience in using vectors, brushes, and stock images, and combining it for something that will stay on MT, and not be taken off by botchii. Those are the wallpapers I prefer.

I voted skillful.

Signature
To the brave otaku and MiniTokyo faithful, nothing is without moe.

i can't vote, i like ecchi wp, i like skillfull (according to your description) wp. i mean i like looking at them, but i always end up using simple wp with subdued colors, simple designs, non distractors. sorry i'm no help but it's a different opinion :)

I use wp that are a mixture of both, skillful being dominate, it's just too hard to find very many.

I say to hell with public opinion.
I do prefer skillful, but that's because I don't like ecchi walls in general. Honest opinion.
There's nothing wrong with something made for the sake of being pretty, but I don't like ecchi.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

I love wallpapers done with such dexterity and magnificence.

Sadly...

Most people side with low-quality wallpapers nowadays.

As a result, all I see when I go to find top-notch artworks are bland cookie-cutters.

How sad...

i prefer skillful over ecchi.... mainly cause.... my parents would probably disapprove lol and i'm not a fan of ecchi to begin with >.>... I prefer skillful ones since they look great simple or complex

hazelmage

Blur One

i love skillful walls. those with hard work put in will do fine for me :) it need for be perfect.

but i dont like ecchi , (my personal opinion) so i would avoid walls like that. Really really avoid.

in the end , voted for skillful. ^^

ArtificialRaindrop

ArtificialRaindrop

We're All Mad Here.

I voted skillful. There's no rule that says you can't exercise skill with an ecchi picture, and though it seems rare it has been done before. It just irks me when I see well-crafted walls get overlooked because everyone's heads are turned to the panty-shot with practically no background or any form of effort past extraction. It just seems like most of the time ecchi wallpapers are submitted the person who made it doesn't put much into it... And why should they when they're pretty much guaranteed to make the popular gallery?

While I'm not a fan of ecchi anyways, I'll admit when a wallpaper is well crafted, whether or not I like the subject.

Signature ImageYou can't live without the fire, it's the heat that makes you strong ~ Within Temptation, "Iron"
KHDownloads <-- Butterfly Chaser referred!

PAche

PAche

hoarder

skillful

i never liked ecchi to begin with; always thought it was too crass. i believe that sex sells, and sometimes when done well visual art can be scintillating and high-quality at the same time, but as always there is a always a line after which it becomes distasteful.maybe it's because usually its the objectifying of females that's defined as ecchi, and considering how i'm a girl, i don't like it.

so naturally i'm inclined to skillful wallpapers, because when there is an image that isn't too controversial, for it to look good you need skill.simply put, a skilled artist can make anything look good, but ecchi can't save every wallpaper (quite the opposite in fact).

Signature Image
;when the taste of blood become bittersweet
My Gallery
latest wallpaper: Point-blanc

Sakura-Dust

Sakura-Dust

puppies that bite

Both?
I like ecchi when it's skillfully done. I'd rather fav a skillful ecchi (because it's very hard to transform breasts into pure art ^_^') than a simply skillful wallpaper.

Signature

kuryuki

Linguistics

kuryuki

(づ´ ³`)づ

skillful

---Hiatus till May......Finals too stressful...
Deviant Art // Pixiv // Tumblr // Twitter // Instagram

ScarXHeart

ScarXHeart

Make the best memories in life

Well, my opinion. it really depends on the audience's taste. I prefer the skillful wallpapers just because,
I like how you wallpaper creators take your time to make it for us and post it. I really enjoy that.
Yep, and both your wallpapers and the others are wonderful pieces of awesomeness!

I prefer skillful wallpapers I guess, I just like simple ones for my desktop, one where I'm able to see my icons whilst not getting in the way of the image. I'm not a fan of ecchi, I don't see the fascination with boobs and panties, maybe because I'm female? I dunno, I've known girls to like ecchi but whatever lol XD

page 1 of 1 14 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.