Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 half empty or full? - Minitokyo

half empty or full?

page 1 of 1 18 total items

makiyasha

makiyasha

the [*SUmmeR*] SweeTneSS~*

umm sry for the short tilt ^^' wanted to make it short ok?

so heres the full question

if u saw a cup just lying there and there is water in it that is half way filled? like you know water going in it half way (sry really confusing explanation @_@)

what would u say is it half empty or half full?

they say that if u said that it was half empty ur pessimistic and if u say it's half full ur optimistic ^^

so please answer XD

PLEASE PUT DOWN YOUR TRUE ANSWER!

~[ThE heVenLy FeeL [Of]*~ SummEr~*
Plz look at this scan if u like shishi doumei cross!
http://forum.minitokyo.net/thread/57427/scan-from-shishi-doumei-cross-gentlemen-alliance-cross/
Signature

GearStalker05

GearStalker05

En Memoria

Either way, at least there's water in the cup. Better some than none, even though I'd like to have more.

Signature Image
You got what you wanted...but you got what you hate...

yukiyo

yukiyo

.: Autumn In My Heart </3

id see the cup as half empty O_O i always was a pessimistic person

and yes, like Gearstalker said, theres still water :D

- [ you can illustrate your death in romance ] </3

ShadowN1NJ4

ShadowN1NJ4

Anime rules, nuff said

I'd see it half full, but I don't really care to say it either way, like Gearstalker said, there's just water in the cup

FinalFantasyFans
Signature
	ImageC:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\Todd\Applegeeks\PowerOn\Power on banner small.gif[/sigimg]

Loathsome

Loathsome

~Break Free~

I'd drink it up, then complain that theres no water =/

Quote by LoathsomeI'd drink it up, then complain that theres no water =/

p
Lols that was really funny Loathsome-chan! :D

I usually see the half full side of the glass, yet I can be very pessimistic at times.
By the way, you're question made me a bit thirsty! Gotta drink a glass of water, and you know what? Whenever I pour water in my glass, I always look at it from above. In that way, you never see the half empty or half full side of the glass! (wonder what type of persone I am?!) Pessimistic + Optimistic!

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

i would say it's half filled~ so optimistic~ XD hahax..! kinda true anyways~ XD

i got another question like this:

Quote:
when there is a small black dot on the white board, would you describe as:
1) there is a black dot on the board
2) the board is all white

yup~ XD

Signature Image

mmm answering the first question...

I'd see it as half full... though in my mind would linger a thought saying that it's almost coming to an end... the water that is...

and that second question norine... mmm I'd see a perfectly white board...

GearStalker05

GearStalker05

En Memoria

To the second: I'd see the black dot, then try to wipe it away. ...probably OCD I suppose...

Signature Image
You got what you wanted...but you got what you hate...

Lionhearted911

Lionhearted911

~:. LioNe$s .:~

hmm...i'd wonder where the water came from XD nah jk jk...it's water! so whatever is good... i'd say half full

to the second question...hahaha i would walk up to the board and wipe it too XD the dot would be lonely all alone there, so it's better off wiped XD

Signature Image
FaMiLy MeAn$ NoBoDy GeTs LefT BeHinD 0r ... FoRgoTTen ... ^^

Half empty not because I'm pessimistic but because I have a perception that makes me think that the cup was suppose to be full
I'm not sure if it's human nature but I have a tendency of trying to complete something missing not thinking there was something missing in the first place
Therefore my impression is that the cup was once full but now is half empty

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

norine07

norine07

???? ???...

ic ic~~~

GA: ic ic~ XD hmmm~

Gear & Sara: XD hahax..! your really do that? XD good idea~ XD then there will not be any darkness hahax..!

Signature Image

"ooh looky. a black dot on a white board" *then moves along*

^ that's what'd happen if i saw one.

half empty, I'm a pessimist, though I laugh way too much to be one, but I'm always the first to think of the worst.

Half full. Empty means nothing is in it, therefore it is either empty or not empty. Half full is the most accurate because it denotes that the vessel is at approximately 50% of its maximum capacity which is the most accurate description of its current status.

The same can be said by reversing the hypothesis:

"Half empty. Full means it is brimming, therefore it is either full or not full. Half empty is the most accurate because it denotes that the vessel is at approximately 50% of its maximum capacity which is the most accurate description of its current status."

But the glass is not empty at all. Technically it is full of air at least no matter how much water is in it. I might be persuaded to believe you theory if you said that it was under the assumption that the glass was placed in a vacuum.

in my country, no one said something like "half empty" or "half full", but likely "a half of water-cup". then full or empty isn't make any sense with me.
'cause my country's language isn't English.

page 1 of 1 18 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.