Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A GSD vector. Suggestions? - Minitokyo

A GSD vector. Suggestions?

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Hello! I've completed my first (real) vector. I started vectoring with another scan, but it's way smaller (I resized it) than the vectors I've seen, so it probably doesn't count...

I was just wondering if this was good enough for submission to MT, and if there is anything I could improve on. I think the colours and lines could do with some refining here. And more likely than not, I have errors someplace too, except I might have missed them. I know the background is plain, but I have no idea what to put in it, ahahaha.

The original scan is here.

[img=http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/9840/vector2sy8.jpg]

Saving the original file kept freaking me out because I was so afraid GIMP would crash on me, it's the first time I've handled something so large.. XD

rika23

rika23

?-?????

Not bad for the first one :3 better than mine ^^" hehe ^^"
Well, You just need to improve your outline. that guy eyebrow looks wobbly.
also you need to adjust the eyes :3

Signature Image
My Latest Artwork: Oofuri<3
DEAD

Quote by rika23Not bad for the first one :3 better than mine ^^" hehe ^^"
Well, You just need to improve your outline. that guy eyebrow looks wobbly.
also you need to adjust the eyes :3

Um, I have yet to fix the outline (will do later), though I did try to fix his eyebrows, and add in a missing part of his eye. XD

Vector

Like this?

they are the same ^^'

Quote by annakeethey are the same ^^'

I adjusted the shape of the eybrows...Maybe it's not obvious enough. >.<

temarigenius

temarigenius

~Motivation Please <3~

Awesome first vector~ But some lines are kinda... wiggly?

Signature Image
dgrayman-black-fighters vampire-knight jigoku-tsushin-mt sword-shana-lily
"Within the Truth hides the Lie... Within the Lies hides the Truth." --- Rokudo Mukuro

DREAM

DREAM

Lord of Dreams

i am not familair with "the gimp" but if the program uses PATHS i.e points such as Illustrator and Photoshop use i would recommend using the fewest amount possible.

for example if you were to draw a semicircle- you would have only two points. this is explained very well in this tutorial: http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/pentool

the reason i point this out is the fewest amount of anchor points leads to the smoothest vector lines.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

That's actually good enough to be your first vector. Maybe you can improve it by adjusting the lines, so that not all of the lines looks similar. What I meant is that, make some of the lines(at certain part) quite thicker, and some other, thinner. The colouring is good anyway. As for the background, it doesn't matter actually. Use patterns, or textures, maybe plain colour with random shapes, like circles. Or simply gradients. Combining them would be great too.
Anyway, keep up! ;)

Quote by DREAMi am not familair with "the gimp" but if the program uses PATHS i.e points such as Illustrator and Photoshop use i would recommend using the fewest amount possible.

for example if you were to draw a semicircle- you would have only two points. this is explained very well in this tutorial: http://revision3.com/pixelperfect/pentool

the reason i point this out is the fewest amount of anchor points leads to the smoothest vector lines.

The GIMP does use the Paths tool. Thank you so much for the tutorial link! Fewer anchor points, I see. I'll try to apply what I learnt in the video, as far as GIMP allows.

Quote by gaara-no-shukakuThat's actually good enough to be your first vector. Maybe you can improve it by adjusting the lines, so that not all of the lines looks similar. What I meant is that, make some of the lines(at certain part) quite thicker, and some other, thinner. The colouring is good anyway. As for the background, it doesn't matter actually. Use patterns, or textures, maybe plain colour with random shapes, like circles. Or simply gradients. Combining them would be great too.
Anyway, keep up! ;)

Adjusting the lines...okay! But how do I decide which ones are thicker or thinner? Thanks for the suggestions and encouragement XD

merged: 10-04-2007 ~ 10:00am
Um, so I added a few thicker lines, and I adjusted some of my paths...Why do I get the feeling I made it worse? -_-

http://img174.imageshack.us/img174/3589/vector2cx7.th.jpg

Or is there no change at all? <_<

p.s. Finally learned how to add thumbnails, lol.

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Nuh, it doesn't look worse. How about changing the lines' colour from pure black to somewhat complementary colour, like the hair outlines change it to darker yellow? It will reduce the jagginess.
But I think the vector is just good enough.

boojitsu

boojitsu

Ninja In Training

make some extra contrast between colors on his clothes and face... the shades are too similar imo

-Boojitsu21

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Yeah, boojitsu's right about the colour. Try changing the shading to darker tone, so it'll create contrast rather than flat-looking vector.

Sorry for taking so long to do this. School beckons. :hmpf:

I changed the shading as suggested. Is this a little better?

http://img515.imageshack.us/img515/3302/vectorreybe9.th.jpg

moonescape

moonescape

Fallen Grace

Interesting. This looks way better for the improved version. Just make the yellow outlines golden yellow or sumthing or at least darker than the hair and then you're done. :) Its really nice for your first time vectoring. :o

Submitted the vector into the gallery. Could a mod please close this thread? Thanks! ^_^

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.