Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ringing Under Your Nose: The Silent Ringtone - Minitokyo

Ringing Under Your Nose: The Silent Ringtone

page 1 of 1 10 total items

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

I'm not sure when or where this invention comes from, until I saw this ringtone advertisement in MT here ^_^'

Well, a ringtone that has no sound?
No, it's the ringtone which only certain people can hear it.

Yet, many (I guess mostly) internet advertisementS proudly proclaim: "The Ringtone That Adults (age 30+) Cannot Hear!"

In it, it states scientifically that as humans ages, their hearing level also decrease. At the same time, this silent ringtone has a high frequency decibels, similar to mosquito or any other animals that use similar-pitched voice for hunting and detecting its surroundings.

Yet, I wonder, what benefits does this invention has? Is it a new step to advance ringtone tech, or just a novelty creation, or another destructive toy?

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

rofl, it could just be something thats stupid but! either way.... its a stepping stone that could mean that it would be the key toa greater invention... that someone will innovate on and all of us on earth will be happy with the outcome.. sure we don't know what that would be now but hey! anythings possible.. never limit yourself =0
as for the invention itself though.... sounds kinda funny XD.... i guess it would make some people happy cause they don't need to hear the ringtone.. .i know some people get pissed off in libraries and bus when phone goes off XD

midsummer

midsummer

Arashic! <3

its something that has been around for quite awhile.
it does work like it says. "those above 30s cant hear it"
but those under 30s can, and the ringtone is super high pitched. clearly not healthy for the ears.

i say, its just a waste of time and money to have such a 'ridiculous' ringtone which only spoils the ear.

NeverEnd

NeverEnd

~+The Ice Prince+~

i under 30,i cannot hear it lol...

Signature Image
"Time engraves our faces with all the tears we have not shed."
Founder: Jigoku-Tsushin-MT,The-Dark-Angel-Suigintou,MT-Lucky-Star,Rosario-Vampire

SevenSkies

SevenSkies

Listening To:[Within Temptation]

eh ? THe Mosquito Ringtone ? XD

WHAT ? The enemy has called in MORE reinforcements ? That's all right Son, more food for us !

does it actually work?,, i wasnt sure if i was listening to it, or if it was just static.. i checked with older relos but they can hear wot ever it was aswell.. yeah it was called the mosquito ringtone.. ><

Spystreak

Retired Moderator

Spystreak

The Grim Reaper

Ah yes this little mysterious sound.
If I'm thinking of the same thing then yes it is quite real. It's hard to describe exactly what it sounds like. Some say buzzing, some say ringing. It really does work, however this isn't anything new. This sound that people older than 30 like someone else said has been around for quite some time. Somebody probably is just utilizing this to get on the whole ringtone band wagon since ringtones are popular now.

Fools You Can't Escape from The Grim Reaper. Your Only Chance for Escape Is Death. Bye Bye Now
Signature
Your Ignorance Will Be Your Own Downfall.

I can hear it... It's annoying. It sounded like that ringing in your ears when you hear something really loud.

THERE ARE SECRETS WHERE FAIRIES DON'T LIVE.
Saltici Comics : Salty: the Misunderstood Spider (updates every Monday)

SevenSkies

SevenSkies

Listening To:[Within Temptation]

OH ! I know what kind of sound.

Heard it alot of times whenever I am in hyper mode and my blood rushes to my head like a waterfall. ^^ It's a bit too screeching and high pitch and doesn't go off very very fast. Haha, And I thought it was my ears going bonkers. Now, the true has come to light !

WHAT ? The enemy has called in MORE reinforcements ? That's all right Son, more food for us !

blazinstreaks

blazinstreaks

Persocom Technician

I can hear it.
It's like a high-frequency buzzing sound. Very irritating.
Constantly listening to the stuff may damage your hearing.

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.