Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 A question about Kanon - Minitokyo

A question about Kanon

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Well umm......
I have no idea where to post this thread or if I'm even allowed to but hope the mods will forgive me if I wasn't suppose to ^_^'

Okay so I was watching Kanon
And I downloaded 4 episodes until I realized there was no more episodes available after 4 at the site I downloaded the first 4
Then I realized that there was another version of Kanon which was called Kanon 2006
I've heard that it was a remake of the old version (the one I'm currently watching)
So I was thinking of just quit watching the first Kanon and just watch the remake

And I just want some advice from the people who have watched both Kanons.
If I just stop watching the first Kanon and just watch 2006 without finishing it, am I missing out a lot?
And is the remake any better or the older version?

Thank you in advance :)

? ???? ?? ??? ???? ???? ?? ??? ??? ?? ? ????? ?? ?????

littlejonny100

Retired Moderator

littlejonny100

Rusty Slave

In my opinion the second Kanon is much better than the first in most aspects. It has much better art having been made a few years later. It also has double the episodes to tell the story with so naturally the plot is much more in depth than the original. If you watch the first Kanon completely before seeing the 2006 one you will probably pick up on a few subtle hints, this is mostly from already knowing the story.

If you want to watch the first one though I suggest you leave a couple of weeks between that and watching the 2006 one in case the storyline becomes redundant (personally I had years between watching them). I would suggest dropping the first one and going straight to the 2006 one unless you really want the comparison.

merged: 10-06-2007 ~ 10:43pm
btw I just remembered I wrote a review for Kanon here, although it mainly focuses on the 2006 version. If you haven't already found out the 2006 one was 24 episodes in length.

"Do upon others as they would do upon you......except do it sooner, more often and better! "

Personally I find the first Kanon to be better than the remake in the emotion department. The remake toned down a lot of the atmosphere which would have tugged strongly at the heartstrings.

If you want one that can move you emotionally, go for the first. And then watch the remake for the visual quality.

SevenSkies

SevenSkies

Listening To:[Within Temptation]

I will like to say, The First has more in depth of the story and the character development as well as expression is quite different from the remake. Esp. Makoto's part.

For the remake, it will be the smooth sailing delivery of the story, straight to the point and of course, quality footage.

WHAT ? The enemy has called in MORE reinforcements ? That's all right Son, more food for us !

JetKrazy

JetKrazy

Planetarian

I've heard the 2006 version is much much better, though, I liked the '02 version too (I've done a review on it).

If I recall correctly, the 2006 anime has already been licensed, so just wait for it to come out on DVD here to watch it

Zaza4

Zaza4

~.:llTsukimiya.Yukikoll:.~

Kanon 2006 story is much clearer and better than Kanon 2004. It has more details and more scenes than Kanon 2004. ^^

Herm, in another words, just watch both. I have watched both and I find that to understand the whole story, you actually have to go play the game instead. Cheers.

i watched the old version years ago, and i can say i like kanon 2006 better. why? because is kyoani! i watched almost everything done by them.

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

I have never watched the original, but Kanon 2006 is very good. I'm glad it was picked up by ADV so that I can get it on DVD.

Yes Kanon 2006 is quite good and the story is quite interesting.
Overall Kanon 2006 is a good anime. >_<

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to General Anime & Manga Talk | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.