Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 My heavily edited Trinity Blood wall after melymay's advice - Minitokyo

My heavily edited Trinity Blood wall after melymay's advice

page 1 of 1 9 total items

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

MT Age: 50 Dog Years

Well, I posted a thread for a Trinity Blood wallpaper some time ago (actually about a month ago, I think) but it turned out quite bad. So I looked up some tutorials, experimented a bit more and this is the product. I don't think it looks that great yet but it is better than the previous one...I think.

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/5197/bluenightcopyya8.th.jpg

Following melymay's advice (am I spelling the name right?), I tried to re-outline my sketch but somehow, no matter what I did, it didn't quite come out how I wanted it to look...so I drew them all over again in Artrage. Problem is I only have the starter's version, meaning no layer option so I had to extract n erase them sketches out. I drew the characters separately; Esther and Abel were not drawn on the same page. Esther was easy enough once I got the hand of sketching simply with the mouse. Abel, however, was nearly a nightmare and I felt like excluding him a lot of the time.

I did the night sky using a reverse grunge technique I found on Bittbox. Then I added in stars with brushes from Tama-neko's site, da! desktop anime. Used a few layers for this. Then after I had the characters coloured, I made a copy with merged layers n duplicated them onto the sky n positioned them. Actually intended for a cold, icy, Artic scene, but it looked too dull n I decided I wasn't qualified to paint ice breaking up with the water movement and all....the icebergs blocked out too much of the sky for my liking anyway...

Learnt how to paint moonlight from Maplerose's tutorial in paint-o-rama. I also followed the starfield tutorial from artofgregmartin but it didnt quite suit the scene so I stuck to my original. Well, I made the effort to look for tutorials and all that through the Sandbox and searching through other forums and websites so....hope all that work helped! Looking forward to criteria from all of you (....even though one bit of advice I received on my former wall so stung me I could hear it ringing in my ears almost the whole day...I needed it though to get myself to try again)

time taken : off and on for about a month, usually working in the wee hours cos it's quieter n I dont get distracted by anyone nagging me to go work on my real watercolour skills or smthg.

Layers : lemme see...44

Used artrage and Photoshop 7. Oh...I got kinda stuck with Abel's wings so advice especially needed about that.

Thank you! this is only my second try.

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

i kinda like..what your aiming for...i cant help you though as i know NOTHING bout makin wall papers...just thought id give you sum encouragement..keep workin on it youl get it good one day :)

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

thank you for the comment! this has been sitting there so long that i thought everyone must have hated it or something...i really REALLY appreciated your encouragement!

"Catch on fire with enthusiasm and people will come for miles to watch you burn" ☆.。・ ψ( ^ω^ )ψ ・°☆
hetalia-axis-powers dgrayman-black-fighters anime-fans-united tag-licious userpageskindesigns linguistics-team make-your-best
Current fandoms: 999 (aka Nine Hours, Nine People, Nine Doors) // Dangan Ronpa // Persona 4 // Gakuen Kino --- From my cold! Dead! Hands!

i like the concept ^.^ About the wings, you can try using a hard round brush and set it to fade with low opacity (maybe flow i havent done the wing thing for a while so my memory is sketchy) and keep stroking the feathers out, you can make the top edge of the wings by using the pen tool then blur it. Might be a good idea though to lay out how your gonna make the wings

For an example > > http://xox1melly1xox.deviantart.com/art/AIR-painted-wallpaper-61671977 or this http://xox1melly1xox.deviantart.com/art/Angel-in-the-Sky-Young-Train-61902860

I hope this helps @.@ sorry for bad explanation

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

Well, i'll try out your advice...but what i wanted to do was to make Abel's wings sort of reflect the night sky...cos his wings in the anime are kind of black and electric blue. I have seen a book illustrator used that style a long, long time ago and it kind of stuck in my mind even though i was only a kid then...

I think i will do as you say but i might use the sky as a pattern then make a gradient overlay on the wings...maybe a bit of shimmer to distinguish the wings a bit more. also, honestly do you guys think that even after i fix the wings, this wallie will meet Minitokyo's standards? the bar seems to have been raise a bit nowadays...

Thanks!

melymay

melymay

Abomidable Snow-Woman

A great improvement from your previous version :D

New drawing, right? The painting on the girl was done rather professionally. Very nice background as well. Although, compared to the ground, the styles are a bit off; the ground is painted and the sky looks like you used star/galaxy-milky-way-like brushes. I think you should try painting the whole wallpaper. Or if painting the sky is too much of a hassle, you could just use a softening effect. I really like the cliff though, that texture like look gave it a nice touch :)

The wings like others have said, could use more work. As for if it'll get accepted or not, I don't know. Some good wallpapers and scans have been deleted - not because of the mods but because some members think they aren't good enough. Members can get your wallpaper deleted as well; but only with good reasoning.

Awesome work :) And yes, you spelled my username right.

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

Thanks for sparing this a look! Paint the whole sky again? Emm...can try...

Glad you like the cliff. Actually it was among the things in the wall i found easier to paint, including Esther. How odd...I took only like 10 minutes to do that as compared to the hours i spent for most of everything else. Haha.

Well, I might not be able to show any results soon cause it's getting busy here and I am a slow worker when it comes to Photoshop. So i may not be able to respond to any comments...dont be offended please.

Anyway thanks for the tips!

merged: 01-26-2008 ~ 04:06am
argh...it's practically early morning here! thank goodness i only have to wake up before eight...if i had to get up at five or six like most of the time i would be in so much trouble...x_x

okay...lamentation aside. i stayed up to reedit my wallpaper cos i slowly began to realize after some time that i may not have another chance to even touch it as my computer seems to be slowing a bit and i have less time...so anyway, here it is!

http://img341.imageshack.us/img341/9592/bluenightreeditedjpegconm2.th.jpg

i didnt have time to paint the sky otherwise i assure you, i would have attempted to. but i did use a smart blur and despeckle on it. what do you think? is this better or should i try to make space in my schedule to paint it all over again?

i tried the advice on the wings but didn't use the pen tool. darkheartknight, am i right to assume when u said stroke you meant lightly smudge? because that's what i ended up having to do... I wanted to do my original idea and make the wings reflect the night. But then i couldnt! everything looked too dark! so instead i used the pattern overlay and set it to linear dodge so the wings would be tinged blue.

All in all, i hope you find that it has improved...sigh.

I have to encourage myself...'cuse me as i quote Winston Churchill...I will "keep buggering on!" (he really did say that, believe me)

Tips, advice, tutorials and criteria are always always welcomed.

I think this looks really cool. Especially the wings you redid. You did a great job on those. The only thing that I think I would change is the text you used. It is kind of difficult to read. The font itself is fine, but it looks kind of blurry/noisy. And ever since I got into vectoring, I thought it has been a lot of fun. If you have time, maybe you could even vector this wallpaper. I think that would look so cool! But you must have put a lot of time into this, because it still looks very nice. ^_^

aozoraskies

Linguistics

aozoraskies

well, thanks for the advice! sorry to have bugged you on your thread..wasn't much help then i think. i'm lousy in vectoring and havent the time to practice. but am trying it out a little. read the policy again and noticed that it specifically said that double posting is not allowed..=_="" i didnt pay attention during my 1st reading apparently.. yes, i spent about a month on this wall so i certainly hope that effort paid off. :-)

i think i will leave this thread open for a while just for any additional input and then submit my wall later...depending on when i can come online again.. i shouldnt even be online cos my computer seems to have been hacked by someone...sheesh.

Thanks anyway!

merged: 02-02-2008 ~ 03:44am
Okay! This has been submited so I guess it's thread closed now! Thank you everyone!

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.