Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Facebook? - Minitokyo

What do you think of facebook?

I love it! I can share pictures and get to know people <3
12 votes
It's okay... Could be better...
9 votes
I don't like it...
3 votes
I hate it! Waste of time!
2 votes
I don't have a profile but it sounds fun. I will make one ^^
1 votes
I don't have a profile and I don't want one.
7 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Here I am again with a new unimportant thread! yeah! ^_^' this is becoming a bad habit of mine OX

Well... I was just wondering. I have seen a couple of threads about who you would like to meet in real life, and then I thought: Facebook! ^_^' yeah... I have just got a profile, that's why I am thinking about this....

Oh, I have forgot to ask my question! Here it comes:

Does any of you lovely MT people have facebook? :)

I believe this is a good opportunity to get to know each other, outside Minitokyo (and at facebook we can see how the person we are talking with looks! ;) )

For the people who don't know what facebook is, I can tell it's a place where you can share pictures, get to know people around the world, flirt (yes that is a possibility), send hugs and tell your friends what you think of them (good or evil? hot or not?) This is only a little of what facebook can do. Like I said I have just made a profile, so I am still learning :D

ShrinkNerv4Eva

ShrinkNerv4Eva

Wanna-be Anime Junkie

I have a facebook. There's actually a minitokyo group on it, but I think like 4 people are part of it.

The best explanation for facebook is it's like myspace, but better.

Facebook is, at the risk of sounding way too loserish to function, my life - I can talk with people across the world whenever, see photos of people I miss and love. Just the other day I got in touch with a boy who lives in Canada who I used to play with in the garden when we were seven and eight :)

Maybe it's more impersonal than Myspace, but I adore it for being so easy to use. But I'm too afraid to poke people or sign up with Hot or Not...

EVERYONE GET FACEBOOK!

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Lol I'm sure there's more people on the Minitokyo.net-ers group on Facebook >_< Fireflywishes and I are in that group >_< As far as I know, there's also baybeebean and kaisui1tatsu.

I used to hang around FB because it's a good place to catch up with people, but after finding out too much information about friendship circles and stuff like that, I just left my account there to gather a bit of dust. Places like those DO get nasty... (friends not adding you even though they see your profile floating around etc) ... it kind of promotes stalking, too =_=''

The good thing I like about it though is that everyone's page is pretty much the same clean layout, and you can set your own privacy settings which is the best thing since sliced bread. Apart from that though, it's slow to load especially when you visit a page with a million applications.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

fireflywishes

Retired Moderator, Linguistics

fireflywishes

Calgon, take me away~!

I like facebook because it's a good way to stalk... er, catch up with old friends that I have lost contact with... or to keep in touch with friends that I met online. :D I also use it as a secondary storage place for all of my photos. :) I like it much more than MySpace because you tend to see less pictures of scantily clad women/men/people on there.

And yes, do join the MT-er's group on facebook! :D

Signature Image

108Stars

108Stars

Cinnamon Mama

I have facebook, but I rarely pay attention on it... ^^;

MTers group? Wew, I should check that! *quickly opens Facebook*

'Speak softly and carry a big stick -- you will go far.'

If you guys hadn't said it, I would never had guessed there was a MT group at facebook! thanks! :D

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I'm going to check it out too! ^^
Normally I've just used Facebook to check for my friends from school that I've lost track of... but a MT group sounds pretty neat. :)

where i live, down the road is a computer cafe that banned it.

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, & 42

LilLaoRyo704

LilLaoRyo704

[????????]

Facebook is sometimes fun to use, with all those stuff like the fluffy pals, or superpoke :P

Asucaga:CGK:.Hack:Host Club:G00-D:BWTB:KHO
Signature ImageLatest Wall -> Woodpecker
Latest Vector -> Luke & Asch

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I do believe that facebook has got to be the worst thing to come along that I have ever witnessed...I thought it to be stupid and pointless...worse than a blog ever could be

BuBbLeS!

Signature

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Sha zam! I joined the facebook group. ^^ Hope they'll be more members soon. :D

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

I have never used it...maybe I'll look, but I only made a myspace this year, so it'll probably be a while before I make an account on that...I'm really slow with stuff like that...I see no real point in doing it unless someone can convince me...
Like I don't even have a mobile phone, and almost everyone has one these days, even in primary school...

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

I firmly believe that the only true purpose of things like myspace and facebook is to give hackers a target and employers reasons not to hire you. Also it helps pedos and other pervs scope out targets.

para5ite

para5ite

Student

Quote by XRW175P6MQ4I firmly believe that the only true purpose of things like myspace and facebook is to give hackers a target and employers reasons not to hire you. Also it helps pedos and other pervs scope out targets.

I could say that that is kinda true. That's why everyone should put all the personal info hidden and have just plain damn stupidly revealing profile pics.

I visit facebook everyday even thought it's an boring place where people talk about boring stuff.
Only reason i go there is that i can spam some unimportant stuff to maybe make someone laugh.

I don't have too many friends in there since i like to keep good contacts with them in there and also i don't want to add people who are like my friends friends or people who actually never talk to me.
I keep only the closest ones..so under 30 people is on my friendlist in there.

Facebook=shit
But still i visit it allmost everyday. for like 5 minutes. anyway i don't strongly recommend anyone to make an account in there unless you don't have a good way of keeping contact with your "friends", but like allways my opinions are crap and should not be listened.

"Smiles don't belong on people like you"Signature Image

LonelyAmure

LonelyAmure

???? Friendship & Love

I don't like it. It gets nasty and dramatic and also there's the fact that people are a lot more open on the internet and some things just can't be taken lightheartedly. I used to play the apps, also, but tht was dramatic because I had to join so much groups for no reason except out of 'friendship'.

And the INTERFACE! JEEz. It's nasty as heck, because now it takes like 5 steps to find someone's profile if you forgot their name, it's annoying as hell! did I mention it's also slow?! Don't ever talk to me on facebook chat otherwise I'll get pissed at you </3

I like it here though, love downloading and tagging scans

Anyway, as this thread seems important, hey mods, won't you please move this thread to general topics? ^D^

( ^_^)o??o(^_^ )Cheers~ my favorite|Twitter|Facebook|Windows Live|Minitokyo|My Wordpress!|USE Tineye-kun!
"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart."

Quote: LonelyAmure ????(@uggubs)??@kilacco??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I signed up for Facebook out of curiosity, but I have found it to be not so great. I don't see the point of adding people as friends who aren't even close to you. I'd rather spend my time here at Minitokyo.

I think it's a good way to get in touch with people who you normally wouldn't be able to. And it's great for procrastination ;D

I don't like sites like Facebook.

para5ite

para5ite

Student

Oh...also id like to say that hanging out in Minitokyo is much better than facebook.
Facebook is full of retards, that is for sure

"Smiles don't belong on people like you"Signature Image

LonelyAmure

LonelyAmure

???? Friendship & Love

True that, I reassure there's a ton of flamers on facebook, and I'm fluidly sarcastic on the website sometimes unless it's irl friends

( ^_^)o??o(^_^ )Cheers~ my favorite|Twitter|Facebook|Windows Live|Minitokyo|My Wordpress!|USE Tineye-kun!
"The greatest treasures are those invisible to the eye but found by the heart."

Quote: LonelyAmure ????(@uggubs)??@kilacco??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Facebook is for my school mates =D

sadly yes....i hate it....

I LOVE FACEBOOK! ^_^ and i'm in the most anime groups there! FB sometimes pisses me off,but i cant get away from it xD

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 45 total items

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.