Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Hope - Minitokyo

page 1 of 1 8 total items

brokenlonely

Broken Angel

I am graduating in less than a week, and i am scared because i dont know what i want to do with my life. my parents want me to go to college but i feel as though i am not ready. i dont know what to do.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

well take a few years off from school, but not too many, to get your life back to where you want it...I didn't go back to school for a good ten years hehe so don't hesitate to take some time off and look at everything and something you want to be and do for your future...just don't do a job that you'll live pay check to pay check and still on ends, and also jobs at fast food joints could be bad you won't get enough hours in to weigh in the money wise...but the field is open to nursing, computers, etc so weigh everything and just be prepard the longer you wait the rougher it's going to be to retain things to prepare for college and then will come the primaries (if you live in the states)...and don't forget the military that could be an option as well :)

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Yep, take a break from school for a while. It helps you unwind and think about what you want to do.

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Contrary to the responses here, I think you should go to college, because I think your parents are just being the good old mentors they should be and are giving you a good option for your future.

I'm not sure about your system over there, but I think that you should take up something in college, and if that's not what you want, you can just switch courses (provided you can). Here it's normal to try something for a year and then switch here and there until you find the right thing.

But agreeing with the other posts, if taking time out and travelling is something you want to do, by all means take the liberty in doing so. Just make sure that if you do have plans to attend college, you should make arrangements to accommodate for that. :)

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Aestus

Aestus

*Baka Onigiriii*

yes you will regret taking tme off, unless youve got enough money. Dont worry! i have a feeling you're smart and wont have problems adapting, the leap isnt that big, every1 in your year does it.

I had the same thing myself before going to university, would it be too hard i was asking myself (bcoz i was a lazy bum in school and didnt bother to learn more than i had to).
But they expected me to be like that as the material recapped in the first semester was easy as pie after all. so dont worry.

Simple & Clean- Utada hikaru
:nya:

BlackSponge

The master of yuri and RPGs

Take a break or go right foe college...
Both seem like good choices.
It all depends on what you think and how you feel.
Take your time to think things through and talk with your parents about what you want to do in the future and hopefully they'll agree.

In the end, it's all in your hands IMO....
Give college a shot if you want and see how it works out.
Or just take a break from school and prepare yourself for later.

We are all born and look different, but one thing makes us equal, our admiration of Japanese animation and comics.
Live life the way you want to live it.
GOD bless you all and I wish you all a happy life.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

the best mistakes are the ones people make for themselves, only one can judge the right and wrong, in my opinion, sure college sounds great and so does having freedom, but in truth only they should make a mistake of doing either one...listen to the inner voice and allow that to be your guide, after reading our replies of course ^_^

BuBbLeS!

Signature

eXDream2K5

eXDream2K5

the crazy band geek

Ultimately, the decision is up to you. It's not your parents' decision, nor is it up to strangers or even your friends. It's up to you.

I was in the same predicament you are in now when I graduated from high school. My parents wanted me to go to college after summer vacation was over. I wanted to avoid school for at least a year. The decision was up to me, and we reached a compromise: if after the end of my first quarter I didn't feel that college was right for me just yet, I could quit for a while then come back.

Do what you think is right, but I'm with kuroimisa: you should go to college. If you don't think college is the right thing for you when the quarter/semester is over, then just take a break for a while.

Be careful though. If you get caught up in other stuff, you'll never go/go back to college.

Labels are for cans. I'm not a f*cking can.

page 1 of 1 8 total items

Back to School & Work | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.