Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 How do you improve the quality of the scan of your Doujinshi? - Minitokyo

How do you improve the quality of the scan of your Doujinshi?

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Rayzi

Rayzi

Is it anime? Then no.

I've been wanting to submit some Doujinshi. But when I scan it, all of my eraser lines come up, the image is huge, and you can see every pencil line I ever drew on the paper jumbo-sized. AND the quality all around stinks. T_T How can I not have to worry about eraser lines, my drawing being ridiculously enlarged, and scan a good quality picture? I hope it's not my scanner... at least, the scanner hopes it's not....... >_> My printer/Scanner/copier is a Epson Stylus CX3810, just in case that means something to somebody.

Please and Thank-you!

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

I think you might be scanning it far too large at 600dpi or more (if the picture is seriously huge). 300dpi will scan it in at exactly the same size as your drawing, but even so, it will catch your paper texture and lines because it's the nature of a scanner to do so (it lights up and it will pick up on these things).

Do you have Photoshop? If you do, it doesn't really matter what dpi you scan it in at (you can just resize it smaller- but never resize larger ;D) and hit Ctl+L and move the triangles around. One triangle is to get rid of specks (whitens) while the other triangle darkens lines (for some lighter details to appear). The one in the centre is a balance, which probably won't help too much in your case.

That's probably all the advice I can offer - ^_^'

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

Rayzi

Rayzi

Is it anime? Then no.

Okay, thanks! I thought of using my photoshop to do something with it, but yeah, that's what I was worried about was the scanner picking up the textures. I shall try it! *Charges forth*

merged: 01-30-2008 ~ 04:47am
Ahh, I think I'm done with this thread..... but I don't know how to delete it. Or even if I"m the one that does that. ^_^' So...... If some nice moderator would please delete this for me..... :)

page 1 of 1 3 total items

Back to Art | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.