Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Art from Deviantart - Minitokyo

Art from Deviantart

page 1 of 1 6 total items

moonelf313

Scanner

moonelf313

Just Pinky...

I have a question maybe one of you can answer. I got permission to post some beautiful artwork which could be used for walls from and artist from Anima, on deviantart, now mind you his art isn't for deviantart, he just posts it there, it's concept art for the RPG Anima, and he gave me permission to post it as long as I give him any links of walls that have been made from his art. The artwork is gorgeous and anime/manga based. I was wondering if it would be ok for me to post it, since I know in the policy it says nothing from deviantart, and people know he posts it there...Thanks

Signature
I'm no angel, but I've spread my wings a bit

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

If you create a wallpaper out of his artwork (i.e doujinshi) and got his permision to wall it, then it is okay to submit. But - if you just post the artwork without any change or modification into wallpapers (even with his permission), you are not allowed to do such thing since the artwork is not created by you. The policy states that you are only allowed to post artworks that you've created yourself (if you wanna use doujinshi/fan-arts, you need to get permission from the artists).

moonelf313

Scanner

moonelf313

Just Pinky...

They would be posted as scans, they are large and very wallpaper friendly scans, and I have seen a few artwork from Anima already on MT. Or would I post them under doujinshi and state I have permission...? Let me know! Thanks

Signature

gaara-no-shukaku

gaara-no-shukaku

Retired Waller

Are they scans or doujinshi? Well, as stated in the Policy, you aren't allowed to submit scans from DevArt. As far as I know, even you got permission to post it, you're still not allowed to post scans from such websites listed in the Policy.

moonelf313

Scanner

moonelf313

Just Pinky...

They are doujinshi, CG art from his computer...but they are actually scan sized...They aren't actually for deviantart, but I think I will probably refrain from posting them if its going to cause a ruckus....

Signature

kuroimisa

Retired Moderator

kuroimisa

Wizard of Darkness -under a rock

Well the problem is that it's doujinshi. As scans, gaara mentioned we don't allow stuff from dA. As doujinshi, it won't work either, because they must be your own work, regardless of permission.

For example, there have been many cases where people post up their brother's, sister's or close friend's doujinshi, and we end up deleting it - simply because the person who drew it can start up their own account and submit them.

Anyway, you get the idea~ just to clarify the Doujinshi policy.

Signature
Misa|Virtuoso and Legend of W.A.R - UA|Most coordinated Legion of W.A.R
MINITOKYO-WIDE KNOCKOUT WALLING COMP: LAUNCHES MARCH 2010. ONE WINNER. ONE PRIZE.
ADD ME TO YOUR FRIENDS <3

page 1 of 1 6 total items

Back to Minitokyo Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.