Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Ignorance and Relative Indifference, why? - Minitokyo

Ignorance and Relative Indifference, why?

Decline in IQ: Who's to blame?

Ourselves
10 votes
Poor Economy
0 votes
Poor Quality of Food
0 votes
Poor Judgement in Lifestyle
4 votes
Don't know: Ignorant
2 votes
Don't care: Indifferent
2 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 12 total items

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I posted this question in one of my groups not long ago.

What bothers you more: Ignorance or Indifference and why?

My answer was: Indifference. People who just don't care... I don't have the words to show how upset it makes me to talk to a person who is like that. I believe many problems we have in the world today are caused by both ignorance and indifference, but ignorance can be fixed by knowledge... indifference can't. Someone who is that way would have to really be moved by something to change the way they think. However, I don't know if its "right" to change how someone believes... even if in your eyes its "wrong". :sweat:

Ignorance does bother me, but I think it sometimes isn't the individual's fault. Perhaps they grew up poor and couldn't or didn't get an education for some reason (however, I have met a man who is illiterate by choice >_< ...that is one reason why indifference bothers me). I've also heard that diet has alot to do with IQ and intelligence in general. Does this recent decline in intelligence mean that the rise in obesity is the cause? Does that mean that the people who make our foods are the reason for the change in diet with all the extra sugar and high frutose corn syrup that assist us in our stupidity? Does that mean the people responsible for regulating what we eat aren't doing their jobs?

I've seen this question posted other places... and usually everyone chooses ignorance.
Why is that? The human IQ has declined in recent years. Why is that?

I would really like to discuss these topics better and get others opinions on all of these questions. Thanks! ^^

What bothers you more: Ignorance or Indifference and why?
What exactly makes people ignorant?
What exactly makes people indifferent?
Why is the human IQ really declining and who is to blame?

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

from what I learned overweight is to be blamed on poor judgement, I'm a recovering foodaholic (if such a word exists) it is hard, it's not that the food is all that great (fast food) it's just more conventiant to eat then do the work yourself ^_^, but I do cook and eat now and I eat out once a month and it's always good choice vaules and not mcdonalds, some might have seen that as a person being lazy, but with fast food I always felt tired afterwards...if they would ban the commericals I bet it wouldn't be as bad, like that cigarette ads ^_^
what bothers me the most is ignorance, people are well, stupid, by either wanting to use fast food in the place of real food and too lazy to cook or even learn how to cook (my inlaws perfect example, fast food for every meal, and then junk for the snacks), the reason people are de-evolving (how I like to state it) at a more alarming rate then evolution is not no one's fault but society itself...the news, family members, online...some people are guliable (sad to state) and they believe things and are corrupt by words, games, news, etc...WE are the ones to blame and WE have gone too far now to even retract the damage that WE have done...only the evoluted ones can admit they screwed up, the de-evoultion on the other hand puts the blame on everyone but themsevles

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Well I'm indifferent so I really don't care if other people are ignorant or indifferent.

I define intelligent as having a decent blend of street and book "smarts". So not having enough of ether would make you ignorant in my book.

Indifference is our nature. Very few of us care about some one we will never know. Even tho they have hopes and dreams and names none if it will grace our ears. And we have enough problems on our own.

Well according to people like James R. Flynn IQ tests scores go up every generation. But I'm going to treat this one as a question about common sense (street smarts). I think it's mainly due to an increase in bad parents, and the inability of the school system to adapt.

Quote by yothsothgothDoes this recent decline in intelligence mean that the rise in obesity is the cause? Does that mean that the people who make our foods are the reason for the change in diet with all the extra sugar and high frutose corn syrup that assist us in our stupidity? Does that mean the people responsible for regulating what we eat aren't doing their jobs?

If food was the cause, I'd be scared. *goes vegan* :P (not really)

Quote by yothsothgothWhat bothers you more: Ignorance or Indifference and why?

Well, ignorance is more annoying, cause usually it includes someone that usually is too umm... egocentric to care to find out whats actually happen.

Quote: What exactly makes people ignorant?

*cough* ego *cough* or they're just stupid, either or.

Quote: What exactly makes people indifferent?

Sometimes its people that they think doesn't matter or pertain to them (and sometimes it doesn't) but they just don't necessarily care I guess.

Quote: Why is the human IQ really declining and who is to blame?

Cause we watch TV and play video games! Also, cause I think that people tend to not "think" a lot more since everythings in a text book now, instead of like a long time ago how people figure things out on their own instead.

?(/??)?
?? ???
????????
????????

I'd say indifference bothers me more. I would rather meet a dumb person that wanted to learn than a smart person that could care less.

Mnemeth

Mnemeth

Rider of the Currents

Indifference is the worst. idiocy is so common that its expected but indifference really screws everyone including the individual thats indifferent.

The biggest problem is that people want everything given to them and they don't care what happens to the rest for the world. Society has become so self-centered that its paved its own path to its won destruction.

Do not interfere in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup.

Quote by yothsothgothWhat bothers you more: Ignorance or Indifference and why?

Indifference can be blamed on ignorance, and ignorance can be blamed on indifference, so they are both irritating to me.

Quote by yothsothgothThe human IQ has declined in recent years. Why is that?

I'm curious where you came across that information. Everything I've read and heard indicates the opposite. (BTW, ignorance, indifference, and IQ are all vastly different ways to measure things.) When discussing IQ, there's a debate among scientists & psychologists whether or not it's even a true measure of one's intelligence, since so much of the IQ tests is based on societal information. (Which is part of the reason why inner city youths do worse than suburban youths at the IQ tests. It's not that the suburban youths are smarter, they're just exposed to societal information that is relevant to the IQ tests.)

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

i dont know which is worst... ignorance resemble something that is there but u simply decide not to see it.

indifference resemble something that u know is there but becuz is doesnt matter to you u simply dont pay attention, does not caring...

i don' t think the IQ is declining becuz of the indiffrence or ignorance. some pple has a high IQ coeficient but just doesnt use it to do good things or to improve the life of others...

the thing that really affects pple emotional, intellectual, physical, etc. is the style of life those pple decide to have, wheter they want to live in a fake world, just thinkin that everything is all right. they decide to blind themselves just to not watch the misery of the world, or to live it. it's sad.

love.

justsomeone

justsomeone

Nameless

If I had between ignorance and indifference I would choose both.To me they both mean "Not Caring",and I hate people like that.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Quote by MnemethIndifference is the worst. idiocy is so common that its expected but indifference really screws everyone including the individual thats indifferent.

The biggest problem is that people want everything given to them and they don't care what happens to the rest for the world. Society has become so self-centered that its paved its own path to its won destruction.

and that has got to be the best thing I have heard about anything in a while...very well "said"

but I'm still sticking with stupidity, because even though people are indifferent and they really care and some I have met only care about themselves and I know a small few that care not even for themselves, it has really been a case of stupidity to pass a veil over their eyes, something that probably their "family/friends" placed there that results in stupidity for them too afraid to lift it to see with eyes less clouded

BuBbLeS!

Signature

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

does it really matter? both of them are just as bad as one another. besides, everybody is indifferent and ignorant on some subjects. personally, i'm more indifferent than ignorant just because i don't care as much as most people would.

it is the greatest misfortune of the world and that which will lead it has that loss

page 1 of 1 12 total items

Back to General Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.