Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Heaven and Hell Living Among Us. Yes or no? - Minitokyo

Heaven and Hell Living Among Us. Yes or no?

Heaven and Hell Living Among Us. Yes or no?

Yes
24 votes
No
8 votes
Not sure
5 votes
Don't Know/Other
12 votes

Only members can vote.

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 104 total items

Do you believe Heaven and Hell? I not much a believer. I have to say I do agree there is such thing as Heaven and Hell living among us. A get example "Constantine" and Silent Hill. Ok, maybe not Silent Hill. Yes, I know they Hollywood movie. There are some fact to it. (click on the naime for more info on the movie) both of them explain how hell and heaven are living among us. This very moment. We just can't see it. To us they don't exist. to them we don't exist.

I don't want to hear anything about God love us, forgive, or anything along those line. You can point out or phase from the Bible or facts about Haven and Hell. Or duties (angels, god, human, so on). If you do decide to point out phase from the bible please translate into English. In other words, in words that we or I can understand. Or for those has English as their second laughing. Thanks.

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

onyhow

Survivor...

Hell and heaven....if you talk about movie like Silent Hill...then it's just our mind making it true...

So it's among us...only that it's manifestation of our thought...in our head...not exist except we want it to...since the definition itself is subjective...

GearStalker05

GearStalker05

En Memoria

I agree with onyhow. Heaven/Hell is a state of mind; what is one person's hell could be another's heaven. In the case of atheists, simply change the words to paradise and nightmare; synonyms for the best/worst places to be. However, whether you choose to believe is also entirely up to the person in question.

As for the whole silent hill angle, that is merely us being haunted by the ghosts of our misdeeds. In spite of one's attitude about it, there is no escaping the past; it will surface eventually, and they'll have to face it eventually in this life or the next.

...hmmmm, that is assuming you believe in the whole afterlife thing.

Signature Image
You got what you wanted...but you got what you hate...

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Heaven n hell -of course both r real. bcoz it was wut God told u n God never lies -read the bible plz

Signature

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I don't see it as heaven and hell as xians do, but I believe in heavens and hells, and they aren't fire and brimstone, mostly on the lines of darkness, etc

BuBbLeS!

Signature

onyhow

Survivor...

Quote by priincessHeaven n hell -of course both r real. bcoz it was wut God told u n God never lies -read the bible plz

Bible thing...again?

Concept of heaven and hell exist in many beliefs and traditions...don't just talk about because you think Bible is correct, it exist...if it's true, it might be other beliefs that's true...don't just assume yours....

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: Bible thing...again?

Concept of heaven and hell exist in many beliefs and traditions...don't just talk about because you think Bible is correct, it exist...if it's true, it might be other beliefs that's true...don't just assume yours....

hahaha, it's juzt bcoz heaven n hell talk bout God, too, so it means also a bible thing. it's the source, u know? n i know that my religion, Christian, is true-based from historical story- if u're 'close' 2 God, u should know it

Signature

BlackSponge

The master of yuri and RPGs

Heaven, you enjoy eternal peace.
Hell, you've committed so many bad things that you can't possibly expect to repent for them.
So you must suffer for it.

That's my concept.
Besides, why would I want to kill another person so they could lock me up or hang me anyway?

We are all born and look different, but one thing makes us equal, our admiration of Japanese animation and comics.
Live life the way you want to live it.
GOD bless you all and I wish you all a happy life.

kokuyu

kokuyu

.:~Mugunghwa Traveler ~:.

I guess, Hell and Heaven is just something to instill fear among people, and because naturally, humans like to be rewarded over something they've done.

Japan's Shintoism does not have Hell nor Heaven. Everyone will become god, complete with their personalities.

actually, even if there's no such 2 worlds, there will always hell and heaven on earth, that is, karmic retribution. For example, a skilled robber will soon be killed or jailed. if you steal something, someone else will steal from you eventually. that's the cycle XD
"don't treat others what you don't want to be treated" isn't that familiar? XD

Quote by onyhow

every religion speaks of theirs as purest true one, why is it so? because the use of "absolute" in their belief, thus, enforcing automatically that other religions are either fake, or distorted.

in my personal opinion, scriptures are flawed by humans' chauvinistic thoughts. Religiously speaking, God makes no mistake, only humans create the problems, misinterpreting God's words. Some people go as far playing God's role- they say this is wrong that is wrong, yet focusing less on spreading love and peace. gays and transgenders are discriminated because of people "playing the role of God"

in short, leave things to God to judge.
that's why i always ponder, "religion is to protect us from sins, yet many commit sins in the name of religion."

i find religions funny sometimes too.
not to mean to incite conflict, if Bible is true, then why Islam says Bible is "distorted by Christians themselves"? (that answers why God sent Prophet Muhammad to re-address God's words properly)

plus, has anyone ever realize that............Bible discriminates women?

Quote by Timothy 2:8-12
"But I do not permit a woman to teach or to assert authority over a man, but to be in quietness

Again, if Bible is perfect, then it means humans' interpretations are at blame. So, I will stick to the fact that Bible is really distorted as well.

Personally speaking, I prefer to absorb any words in scriptures that has value of humanity. I myself am free-thinker, not siding on any religions, but that doesn't mean I deny God. It's just that I'm open to any possibility. If I die and meet face to face with God, then I wholeheartedly bow to God. Otherwise, let my body be distributed to nature while I go for eternal sleep.......zzzzzzz XD

In short, the only answer to end this unending question is God to come down and reveal to us, face to face. meanwhile, while waiting, why not we be good, stay good, contribute to society and country? (because Santa will be giving us presents too X-P XD )

-"Life is more than just one, & nothing's more important than One"-
Signature

Kokuyu really blowned the post. his answer also had many refutation and perfect do the job of convincing me
Also please remember who wrote the bible... Human did how did he know the story...

it s a trancending history throught mouth to ear.. so plz remember that

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: Also please remember who wrote the bible... Human did how did he know the story...

who wrote bible? u dont know? God led those prophets-Jesus' pupils to wrote it. so there would be no wrong sentences in it

Signature

onyhow

Survivor...

Seriously priincess, stop...your flawed logic have no backing base whatsoever and your persistence is really start to become very, very annoying and redundant...

Buddhism, which was religion I formely adhere, have concept of hell as a place to punish the sin before send to reincarnate again...is that hell? Yes...

The Norse mythlogy have Hel, resides at one of the roots of Yggdrasil...is it hell? Yes...

There are many other tales of hell...so don't just stupidly assume that yours is correct, damnit...

And it's HUMAN who write Bible...

For kokuyu, thank you for sharing your view...it seems like that you have incorporate agnostism in your belief...quite interesting indeed...(unless I misinterpreate your idea...)

royaldarkness

royaldarkness

Restless Soul

Heaven...and Hell.
Do they really exist? Well I don't know, I've never been there before, have I?
But it's safe enough for me to say that I'm not much of a believer, although I personally HOPE that something like that exists. Why? Well, it's rather...depressing to think that we'd just disintegrate and be forgotten..lol.
And Kokuyu...as always, you have a really interesting pov ;)

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: Seriously priincess, stop...your flawed logic have no backing base whatsoever and your persistence is really start to become very, very annoying and redundant...

eh? i dont say things which i doubt bout it, u know.. ask the other believers, they'll answer the same as mine. n of course, i can believe the bible bcoz i know the history of it.
yes, it's human who wrote the bible, but it's not JUST a human -like us, but humans who r so close to Jesus. n Jesus lead them to write it-it was written in the bible, too. n it was written in the bible that there will be lots of people who cant accept bible, too. bcoz if Jesus didnt lead them, of course there would be some mistakes, maybe alot of it. so tell me, which verses of the bible that arent wise?

Signature

Quote by priincess

Quote: Also please remember who wrote the bible... Human did how did he know the story...

who wrote bible? u dont know? God led those prophets-Jesus' pupils to wrote it. so there would be no wrong sentences in it

How do we know they are for real? How do we know those prophets who we beleive will actaully write the truth...or there something their are hiding? Truth can be lies. Lies can be truth. In otheres lies and truth can be twist. But again, we don't know is lie or not. that what I think about the bible. I admit there are some truth in the Bible, as well lies.

Hell and Heaven does exit. Right here and right now. Even though we can't see it. It the same as they can't see us. (or can they. Same as we can see them....well some of us...claim they can see them...in other words ghost....spirt or whatever you want to call them)

No, I don't read the bible. Used to.

merged: 03-14-2008 ~ 11:38am
I am Shamanism. Not Christians. (Used to be)

Signature
Come and check out my group Neither-world for half-breed. or Gintama For yaoi stuff go to my Yaoi Channel Blog.

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I believe in both Heaven and Hell. Physical manefestaions as well as psychological ones too. Seperation from God or your faith is one Hell I believe in. Not knowing faith or hope is a Hell unto itself. Also, I believe there is a physical place of Heaven and Hell. Whether its here now... I don't think so, but its only because I don't visibly see it. However, I do believe that there are unseen things and places that noone can see... so technically Hell could be in New Jersey and I just can't see it. These are just a few of my personal beliefs.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: How do we know they are for real? How do we know those prophets who we beleive will actaully write the truth

if they didnt write the truth, of course people at that time would be get mad, n punished them. or maybe dead punishment >. n, why they wanted to write such hundred thousands pages with almost the same point each verses? that's ridiculous. n i dont see people as wise as those who write the bible. there r no wrongs in it o. 0

if there's a heaven there's a hell, too

Signature

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

i wouldn't say there are wrongs in the bible but more like discrepancies. like in revelations, only 144,000 can be saved. what happens to the rest of the population? do they all just go to hell? how about the fact that lazarus who died was resurrected? why would you bring back someone who was in god's embrace? to prove a point? on that how about job? he suffered just because god wanted to prove a point to satan. but that's besides the point. i personally think that heaven or hell don't exist. i say all people are equal and go to the same place. nowhere. just decay in the earth and feed it.

Heaven and Hell are mind states.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

Quote: i personally think that heaven or hell don't exist. i say all people are equal and go to the same place. nowhere. just decay in the earth and feed it.

so then i think u havent heard some people were dying n dead in hours, then they became alive again. the point is, when they were dead, they saw their families-that already dead- asking them to go to heaven. they refused it, that's why they still alive until now

Signature

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

really now... maybe god or satan didn't want their souls so they both kicked em out of their realms...

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

haha, that wouldnt happen bcoz God will count our sins, kindness, etc n bad people must be punished

Signature

oudorobou

oudorobou

Nammy

you say that but didnt the bible also say forgive the sinners? (well only if the repent for what they've done) personally, stuff like turn the other cheek, i don't buy it. i can be friendly to strangers but if they're an ass, so will i.

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

uhm that's why, He counts ur evrything

Signature

page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 Next » 104 total items

Back to Religion & Science | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.