Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Suggestions on how to improve this wallpaper - Minitokyo

Suggestions on how to improve this wallpaper

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

http://img231.imageshack.us/img231/7164/steelangels2copy4my9.th.jpg

I really want this wp to be good enough submit on mt, so...
I'd love any suggestions as to how I can make this wallpaper better. :)

Information:
- I have used a photo I took of the sky for the background. The original images are only slightly bigger than in the wallpaper. The backgroun image was enlarged and blurred. The back images of the angels just had the opacity changed.
I also using some photos I took of flowers, cropping them using masks and changing the hue, and lowering the opacity.
- I'm using Photoshop
- I want it to be a cute, romantic, beautiful/floral/natural artwork?)

- I probably didn't spend anymore than an hour and a half...it was a while ago, I just thought I'd try to improve it now...

I just realised yesterday that I actually had another version of this wallpaper at home that I'd done more with, which I had completely forgotten about, with how long it's been since I worked on it.

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/5498/steelangels3hw4.th.jpg

This is how I've improved it so far...

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4015/steelangels24km5.th.jpg

Any comments and suggestions are more than welcome.

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

keikasagawa

keikasagawa

p|-|33R |v|1 l33t 5|<1llZ

i would say depending if you plan to make any other like art style references, masking would also add a bit of awesomness to the natural atwork.

what your doing is pretty much basic stuff, try looking at tutorials on the net

that's all i offer to you

with great knowledge comes great responsibility.

hey our roomies are wasted so when we get back to your place,
i'll show you what l33t things i can do to your 5y573|v|Z,
i'll make them 5cr34|v|

Leave Kurumi and Karinka out, and make it a solo of Saki. = instant win :D

But seriously, I don't think the background you're using has anything to do with the girls being practically naked. When I look at the girls, I get the feeling that they're saying "We're all yours". So I think a bedroom or something of that sort would be better for the background. Also, I think the flowers' opacity is too low, I couldn't even find them until I stared really hard. Add the flowers to the bedroom for a background and you'll get a girly, romantic, honeymoon themed wallpaper. :)

Though maybe I'm just talking crap because I know next to nothing on how to use Photoshop. I'm still trying to learn. :D

try this, it may look better:
the 3 figures on top, rotate each one 180 degrees (place them head-down) and leave out any transparency; and then, there should be space between each "pair"'s heads
the branches in the background don't work, cast them out, replace them with something else - i don't know what

I Luv Kurumi, Saki & Karinka, Very Nice Wallpaper I Waitin 4 S.A.K. Zero the Movie Coming in 2009.

I suggest you redo some of the bg. The flowers look quite randomly placed. It is still quite hard to locate the flowers in that light opacity so you might wanna try something different? I don't know..more nature (grass, trees etc) perhaps?

Signature
My Newest Submission:Curse Of The Prosperity God

Sakichii

Sakichii

Ash-chan

I wanted the flowers to be subtle...if I raised the opacity they would interfer with the transparent images of the girls. Also there is one coloured flower per girl, green behind Karinka, pink behind Kurumi and blue behind Saki. They aren't really supposed to be obvious...

merged: 05-19-2008 ~ 10:00am
the little flowers I'll probably remove...as they do kind of seem out of place...

merged: 05-18-2008 ~ 10:45pm
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/1519/steelangels23ma8.th.jpg

"Chi wa Hideki ga suki"
#JapaneseLover#

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to The Sandbox | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.