Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Custom Desktop Troubles. NEED HELP. - Minitokyo

Custom Desktop Troubles. NEED HELP.

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Jei-sama

Jei-sama

Is made of Soy Beans

Ok after a storm blew through my area, and shut everything down with a power outage my computer won't run.

This was custom built, most of it by myself, but not i'm stumped. When I turn on my computer it shows my graphics card boot screen. It asks to press DEL for setup, and TAB for BIOS. If i did nothing it would freeze, if i hit DEL it would freeze and if i hit TAB it goes to the BIOS screen and nothing comes up. It dosen't scroll though the list of things it usualy does, and if freezes. I can't boot from disk or do anything past thease screens.

I thought that my HD had died (nothing new I've always had problems with the SeaGate HD's) so i got a new one. I plugged it in, and set everything up, put the new CD in for the new HD and it does the same thing.

Is this this a problem with my memory card, and not my HD? I know it's not my mother board, or power supply because they all start up, and the lights come on like they should..

Someone please help i have to have this fixed ASAP.

I think it is mostly motherboard problem.
If you had RAM problem, the whole computer wont even start and will produce "Beep" sound everytime you turn it on.Why dont you try to unplug all your RAM, then use old yet still functionable RAM to start your computer.See whether it will Boot up.
Motherboard and power supply that start up doesnt mean that it doesn't have problem (*_*)

When come to computer hardware problem,you have to test it one by one see whether which one is damaged.Though, some of them are common and no need to test, like graphic card is damage and it wont show any graphic on monitor.

i'd give it two choices:
1. the BIOS has been a bit erased. after all, it is electrically-erasable (EEPROM), and storm EMPs do induce high voltages
2. the main processor (CPU) has been a bit damaged. because of the same EMP
... or both
i'd rather go for BIOS damage
and then, if you have a spare compatible CPU, or a spare compatible mainboard (the BIOS is stuck to it), or both, try substituting them; if you don't have them, look up and replace any whitened/blown capacitor on the mainboard
(sorry, i guess you expected an easier solution)

(o.O) isnt replacing a capacitor is a bit hard?
Try clearing your CMOS too by setting the jumper at your motherboard.

Jei-sama

Jei-sama

Is made of Soy Beans

Ok so it was my power supply... o.O ......figure that one out... It was split into two sections. One for the HDs, CDroms, and stuff, and the second for the Mobo, Ram, and Video.....A powerserge fried half of it.... so ever though power was getting to everything it wasn;t enough wattage... xD what a simple solution to what appeared to be a lager problem. Good thing i always have a Back up Power supply

page 1 of 1 5 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.