Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Outlaw Star season 2- broken promises - Minitokyo

Outlaw Star season 2- broken promises

Tagged under Outlaw Star

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Hello all, I'm posting this to get the community's response... that and to add another thread to the ever-deserving series of Outlaw Star.

I'll skip the history lesson as in a recent thread of mine, and just ask it flat-out. At the end of Episode 26 there were several hints to a sequel and a few loose-ends that could have been patched up. And the universe the writers made was full and ready to be explored (I am referring to the miniature segments at the beginning of each episode, each with a small lesson or a part of the Outlaw Star universe in it). So- why wasn't it continued?! I've been hopping around forums and websites and have been getting a large response for people looking for season 2.

So here it lies: why do you think the series wasn't continued?

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

The obvious answer as to why this series wasn't continued is it wasn't all that popular. Anime companies are prone to throw something out there for people to view, and if it's well received, they will make more of it. If it doesn't make much money, they are more likely to drop it.

Outlaw Star hit US shores in the beginning of the mainstream anime boom, but was overshadowed by the Dragonball Zs and Gundam Wings of the time. Consider it showed at 4 in the afternoon (central time) which means it was being seen by mostly school kids, who don't have much income. So in the US it kinda flopped out. I'd assume with the relative failure in the US and the likelyhood of it being overshadowed in Japan, it probably never warranted another season.

Maybe if you go out and buy every single Outlaw Star DVD in existence, you might convince them otherwise. But as long as episode 1242 of Naruto or Bleach outsells it, your probably out of luck.

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

which means it was being seen by mostly school kids...

yes but school kids are enjoy watching of that show specially me

they reason to drop it. because it doesn't make much money? but other people enjoying the outlaw star i though more people watching it, the more seasons to come. hays i wish outlaw star continued.. i will wait for that day no matter what happens this is my favorite show this is why i love anime

Well I really can see how you guys feel, when I first watched Outlaw Star on TV, I was absoluteley entralled by the characters, and how deep the general plot was. I stopped watching it and fell away from it however, as it was always on real late and it faded into memory, now Im a lot older, nearly 19 now, and I decided to catch up with it, to see how it all ended for Mel and Gene, and it was hinted that Suzuka had feelings for Gene aswell so really, I just wanted to know how it finally ended. But now, I find the ending so incomplete and rough, they took away the best thing I have ever watched in my life, now that's any film, game or TV show, I've never seen some characters come together better than the gang, such a shame to see it go really. I read one of the reason on the wiki is that it doesnt compare to Cowboy Beebop, so they took that forward instead, I belive, one of their reasons for it being lacking is that, they thought it to be slow paced. My argumet however, is that in space you need to ressuply and refuel at havens and space ports, this is no different, and how they can say that Outlaw Star is slow when Dragonball Z or such, which is worst of all, carried on. In the end I think I will just cling to hope like you, that someday those guys at the manga studio will give me back my best programme.

page 1 of 1 4 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.