Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 And So, Full Metal Alchemist Draws Its Curtains.(SPOILER) - Minitokyo

And So, Full Metal Alchemist Draws Its Curtains.(SPOILER)

Tagged under Fullmetal Alchemist

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Kozumura

Kozumura

????

I recently saw the final ep of FMA. Tis a great ending, but it oddly reminded me of Final Fantasy X. Al gets his real body back. And Ed's in the "modern" world. Anyone else watch it? Comments? Complaints?

Now we must wait for the movie.. DAMMTI I WANNA SEE IT NOW!

CowX

CowX

Bee Train Fan

How'd you see it? Has it even aired in japan yet?

Signature Image

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

ooo I did heard the ending was sad, the cast were crying because it was so unexpected..=D but I'm still depresssed that fma already eneded sigh...just have to wait for the movie now =D

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

Foolish-ishness

Foolish-ishness

.:Obaka-san:.

Seeing the ending is going to make waiting for the movie so much harder.

To CowX: The raw came out today :\

Signature Image

bromithia

Retired Moderator

bromithia

I already saw the RAW, I am awaiting the subbed version. The movie should be great, it all just falls into place really. lol...whatever happend to Dante? :?

Subbed version is out and the ending is a bit sad, sort of remind me of how Chrno Crusade ended...except the main characters didn't die :P

broken-dreamz

broken-dreamz

shoujo-otaku

yeaaah subbed ish out =D finally!!! now gonna go watch it.

Signature Image
shounen-ai - animeclub - strawberry - mts - mt-north - sasuxnaru <3 all these groups, join today =9

shameless plug-in = my journal & my fanfictions // <333~~ minnnaah!

ah just watched it, cant wait for the movie to come out.

Fantasia

Fantasia

BT Panda

the end is terrible,I think
hope the end of manga will be better(it's still long to wait 4 its ending)
and the movie.....have to wait till next summer

Signature
Welcome to [the 7th track]: http://www.wobushuang.net/fan/

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

I have browsed through the subbed version of the ending real quick...mostley because I wanted to see if Roy survived his enconter with King Bradley...Speaking of that...Could somebody tell me why Roy ends up with an eyepatch?? I didn't see him get his eye wounded.....So I was wondering why and if he'll keep the thing. I was a little depressed that most of his fight with Bradley was cut short....But I do like the fact that he drew his alchemy symbol on his hand with his own blood like he did in the manga.

I didn't see the rest because I didn't want to spoil myself too bad...but I think the movie will be mostley centered around Ed trying to find his way back to his own world. I did like the end with both the brothers in different trains reaching out to eachother. I'm pretty sure the manga ending will be much different because so far the famous "gate" has only been mentionned like twice....So I hope then ending won't be centered on that.

And I think the including the real live zeppling incident that happened in London was kida stupid....what was the point ? Well, it's still a great series.....oh and Roy didn't die yay!!

Signature Image

Electrastar

Electrastar

MT's official Roy fangirl

One more thing ...

And I think the including the real live zeppling incident that happened in London was kida stupid....what was the point ? Well, it's still a great series.....oh and Roy didn't die yay!! plus he seems to look at Riza differently now, I love the scene where she was crying over his lifeless body and called him by his real name for the first time. They're cute together.

Signature Image

the end was sad (waaa) i wanted to see Ed & Al together, oh well guess the movie is where they could possibly be reunited. And one more thing could Dante still be alive?!

Anyone have a link for the FMA movie??

masterjesse89

masterjesse89

Master of ALL Things Spiffy

I read that envy is Eds older brother? Fact or Fiction?

Once I desire something... I cannot undesire it.
I cannot even try to resist. I will desire it until I have it.
But there is no end
No matter how much I take. I still want.

Kryuzei

Kryuzei

Moe's Hunter :D

Quote by masterjesse89I read that envy is Eds older brother? Fact or Fiction?

*Spoiler*

This is right

*end*

Signature
Nya~~ pretty thx to PAche for this sig :P
lolz....i got the Haruhism Fever T_T

deathe

FaLLeN dReAmEr

the ending was good. but im asking for more!!

Dragonkinght

Dragonkinght

fullmetal alchemist

lol. i want to see it but still we must wait for the DVD. i hope that
it is nice because al and ed had been separated and last time i heard my friend say that ed and winry got hug each other. i mean winry the one who go and hug ed i think but anyway i wait for the movie weather its nice to see or not!

joemighty16

joemighty16

Hope is an optimist

Of course I would have preferred a real happy ending, but I suppose consedering the way the story went, it was good. I would have wanted Ed and Al in the same world, but since Ed offered his life for Al's, and since Al has been in the armour suit since the accident and haven't aged, I suppose it is logical and "correct". The London scene, aka behind the gate, was an unexpected twist which was very dramatic. But Ed looking to make rockets in the 1920's was a bit sad since it would take a while for the first space rocket to be developed. And even then it would help.

Life is a game played by gods who are bored and who fight over the rules.

Signature

quills

quills

sleepy dreamer

sorry, i hated the anime's ending :(
i hope the manga doesn't end this way!
why i didn't like it was because of the speperation of Elric brothers. afterall they went through, i don't think they deserved to be pulled apart... but i suppose that's what's the movie is for!
but the movies's ending... i don't want to ruin it for some people so i won't have a comment on it.
although it's meaningful and everything, i believe one of the thing that made Ed special was his knowledge and ability in alchemy. i'm not saying it's the most important thing about Ed! but i just think FullMetal alchemist is interesting because alchemy doesn't exist in the mordern world~ that why it's interesting to watch alchemy...
if the main character got stuck in a modern world where alchemy doesn't exist... sure we can see Ed's determination more clearly and see the deeper meaning behind alchemy... but i just can't help to wish that Ed stayed in the alchemy world...

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

The ending really got to me. I cried (hehe I cried a lot in this series - okay not the bawl my eyes out, but I felt very much so for the characters) To me, the behind the gate was a bit random, but I'm rewatching the series again, so maybe they'll be little hidden details that I missed the first time around.

As for the Elric's being seperated - that was a cruel irony. It was terrible but I think still good in its own way. The last scene with the train I loved that ^_^

Human kind cannot gain anything without first giving up something in return.

Actually the ending of the anime series with Ed thrown to the real world is in fact a happy ending or if you wish, a bittersweet ending. Remember the rule:

Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost. That is alchemy's first law of Equivalent Exchange. - FMA intro.

Then there's the 2nd rule which is just as important as the 1st one: human transmutation (especially from the dead) is strictly forbidden since the result of the transmutation is an abomination and in most cases, the transmuter will die.

So, by those rules, Ed should have died in trying to transmute Al's body by offering his own body in exchange. However as it turned out, Ed was transferred to the "real world" in exchange which probably resulted from him using Al's Philosopher's Stone body since only the Philosopher's Stone can negate the 1st and 2nd rule. So in a sense, the ending is a good one.

Yea, I definitely fell into a semi-depression after seeing the ending of FMA series, it was quite sad how they were seperated at the end, kinda bittersweet as volrath77 said. I didnt mind the ending at all, since the whole series had this desperate sad tone in it, i thought the ending fits the style of the anime more. :P

With the movie, a renewed sense of hope in me desperately wished that the Elric brothers really get to reunite again. That i got, but they never got back to their world...so that was a downer. Btw, does anyone feel sorry for Winry...I mean she get to see Ed for 5 mins before he runs off again to save the world, and then he leaves along with Al. She ended up losing both of her dear childhood friends. :(

Towards the movie ending, i just cant help but empathize for the brothers, seeing their grim future into the "real" world. I cant help but to think of how their character changed soo much ever since the beginning of the series, they all look so tired, burdened and matured. You hardly see they smile anymore...But the ending was really good, i think that in a way, a sad ending is what leaves behind a lasting impression to the anime, so i guess its use is effective enough. Besides, the ending fits to the storyline(s) effectively and logically. :)

I hope the manga ends soon, i really wanna find out what happened to them in another differnet storyline.

I know that at least some people really didn't like the ending to FMA, but I found it to be both touching and appropriate for a way to conclude the series. My hat goes off to the cast and writers for making such an amazing grand finale.

First let me clarify on a few things Electrastar said.
What Electrastar said about the whole 'zeppling thing not making sense' isn't true. If you look at it closely (especially what Ed father said about the other side of the gate) it does make sense. The world Ed got transfered in was built on Physics not alchemy and so there needed to be a clear distinction between the two worlds. In the alchemic world such a thing would not be possible since Physics is the founding principle that a flying object is based on. And if you were refering to the incident when Ed died in the Physic world then remember that both the alchemic world and the physics world is still based on the principle of equivalent exchange so in order for Ed to be transfered back to the alchemic world the boy he was impersonating had to die. In if you're wondering about the whole equivalent exchange thing (as was confirmed by both Dante and Ed Father) doesn't actually exist (plus Al always gives this away in the opening scene of the music video in the series when he says 'in those days we believe that to the worlds only true law) and plus it was the 'gate's' decision to bring him back.

Anyway about the ending. I beleive that the ending was great (but sad). The saddening part was that after everything thoses two boys went through together they ended up seperated and ontop of that Al looses all his memory of the time he and his brother spent searching for the stone. It was a ending I never would have guesed happening. What's more saddening is that Al stands as better chance of being reunited with Ed than Ed being reuninted with Al. There are two reasons for this.
1) The physics world and the alchemic world is seperated from each other by 'The Gate' but only an alchemist can actually find and open the gate which Al is going to become.
2) Space is not 'The Gate' as Ed thinks it is and we all no this. And even if it is Ed will be dead before such a thing is known because 'we' haven't found it yet.

But still in Ed's mind this was as close to a perfect ending as it could be because Al body was indeed returned from the other side of the gate (which would explain why Al was the same age). Infact Ed was hoping to die in exchange for Al's life but instead he was transfered to the other side of the gate and thought that it wasn't an equivalent exchange until his father cleared up a few things.
Plain and simple, the ending was perfect, unexpected and sadenning.

In order to obtain, something of equal value must be lost. This is the first law of equivalent exchange

page 1 of 2 1 2 Next » 29 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.