Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 LYING: morally right or wrong - Minitokyo

LYING: morally right or wrong

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 1 total item

azyl12

azyl12

Raijin Thunderkeg

There was a situation given to us 4th years (St. Matthew; my section) about Christian Morality. It was about conscience. This situation was debated in our class, which turned out as mere war of noise. I was on the "No" part.
This is the situation...
Mr. Jacob killed a student (let's name him Lenard). Some people already knew about this. Because of fear, he (Mr. Jacob) hid himself in the faculty room (or whatever place) with your help. Meaning, you know where he is hiding. The student's father received an information about this and went to the school with a gun. Being a student who knows Lenard, and Mr. Jacob, the father asked you where MR. jacob is.
The question was-...
Are you going to lie for the sake of Mr. jacob or are you gonna tell the father where mr. jacob is and let mr. jacob die knowing that the father will kill him?

The real question for this thread is
Is lying morally right?
you can answer the questions for the situation if you want. Share your opinion. ^^

I actually think it is right if the purpose, or will is right. Lying itself is wrong but-..if the action or the reason for doing it is right then perhaps it is correct.
In this situation, maybe you should lie first then convince the father to just let the law handle this. It is much appropriate to do so than to kill someone.

Break a heart...replace it for a new one but not the same one...

page 1 of 1 1 total item

Back to Off-topic Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.