Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Macross versus Gundam? - Minitokyo

Macross versus Gundam?

Your choice: Macross or Gundam?

Macross, definitely!
5 votes
I'm taking the good ol' Gundam series.
20 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Lariel

Lariel

[ Fallen From Grace ]

Generally, an extremely stupid question, but I just had to find out the results for myself.

Note: Macross implicates all series that have been aired, not just the recent hot- Macross Frontier. Although I might sound crazy saying this, but you gotta go way back in time to 1982 when the first Macross series was aired. Same goes for the Gundam series, which I think started during April 1979.

Please see from all perspectives and make valuable comparisons before you start to jab at the poll. :)
That would probably include art, OSTs, storyline and plots, anything you can find within a review, really. :D

Signature
One day, when the time comes, I want to sleep among the flowers.

i like both but there is just something about Gundam as a whole that i like much more than Macross. Whenever a new gundam series comes out, i cant wait for it, i have been a gundam fan for over ten years now and each series just takes Gundam to new places. I have seen all the Macross series as well and although they are good, they just dont get me as excited as i do when i see a new gundam series.

reaperz

reaperz

i'm angry & mad

The Gundams Suck eggs, Macross too...

FrostyWolf359

FrostyWolf359

Fire is fr33....

I voted Gundam, but only coz I really like the Bandai models. To be honest I have a tough time deciding between Macross and Gundam. I guess there's a lot more of Gundam to see out there so its easier to find a favourite series. I just think its a bit sad that we dont get the exposure to Macross that we should. I'd love to get Macross Zero on DVD, and get a few (cheap) Macross models to build. I guess both series have their plus points.

Everything rotates anti-clockwise except clocks and Venus.

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I'm going to side with gundam on this one, I haven't really been able to sit threw many episodes of most macross but with gundam I have actually been able to sit threw quite a lot, not many of the series have I liked of gundam but I can't think of one macross that I have seen thus far to like very much

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Gundam, they have a good in depth and a lot of side materials. macross battle scence is awesome tough:D

that was a tough decision to make as i follow both series closely but i choose gundam because i like the irony of a peace loving protagonist being forced to fight.

i like macross in general but the idea of macross 7(bassara with his custom VF fighter) creeps me out. I am currently following Macross F but i am more anxious to catch Gundam 00 in oct

redangel6112

redangel6112

DozoYorishiku (Nice to meet you)

I prefer gundam...haha...
I did wish to be a gundam pilot when I watch the show (impossible dream) lol XD

Duuz

Duuz

Master of Disaster

Gundam for the reason that it started the giant robots at war genre as well as it's always been about the pilots and their machines in the wars. Macross almost always involves a love triangle and music. Not that Macross is bad, but the idea of giant aliens stop shooting at you because of a song is just silly.

In every age, in every place, the deeds of men remain the same.

AirMaster

AirMaster

ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU ZAKU!!!

Macross Do You Remember Love? has to be THE best anime movie I have ever seen. I watch it every year and I never get bored of it. Loved the original Macross show and loved Plus and Zero. I have mixed feelings about 7.

Gundam on the other hand...everything after Turn A Gundam has been totally horrible. SEED and Destiny have to be some of the worse shows I\'ve seen. Ever. 00 seems promising, but could easily turn to shit.

So yeah. Gundam might have more shows, but the new ones haven\'t been really that good. Macross has less, but they\'re all pretty good. So I go with Macross on this one.

Signature
Sig by Vivid-Rein..ph34r them Zakus XP
Check profile for groups :x

Loved Macross, and I still do. Same reason as AirMaster.

Plus, the Veritechs of Macross are freakin' awesome. It's all about the transforming jets, and most of all, it's all about the love!

BalorYF19

BalorYF19

God of Death

That depends on what which Macross and Gundam your talking about. You say the good old gundam series, but which ones. The same with macross which series are you talking about. If where comparing the original series of both to each other than i say gundam. There is some macross series that i think are better than some gundam series like macross zero and macross plus are is way better than the original gundam but on par with gundam stardust memory and gundam 0080. Now if where talking about gundam 00 or gundam wing then gundam is definitely the winner based on story.

ZonSlashSykato

ZonSlashSykato

Walking the Path of Darkness

Gundam is better ... even the gundam itsself is better than the macross robots ! macross robot sucks

Signature Image

I like both, but i prefer gundam.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

I feel gundam is the best for me.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

I prefer gundam, mobile suits are cooler than valkyries and macross story looks always the same, only with better animation quality. Not that gundam plots are much better, but i like them more.

BlackSun

The Melodies of the Battlefield

The Problem in Macross is it's lack of new story plot, it's always have love triangle and invading alien force an ace supporting character. The Valkyries I have no qualms, Oh by the way Robotech Sucks not Macross. others may think they are the same but IMO Harmony Gold should just leave it to the Japs and stay the hell away from the Macross timelines

I haven't watched Gundam yet, though I plan to. As for Macross.... I've only seen Frontier, so I'm not sick of this persistent love triangle I saw someone talking about.

depends on what you like.

macross has a more hardcore in your face action with an array of missiles, gunfire and skillfull maneuvring. The combat in macross depends on the skill of the pilot and not the capabilities of the particular mech. The story on the other hand is more about drama and romance as opposed to war

gundam's big draw is the fact that theyre a group of mechs superior to the others. So most of the time the pilots skill doesnt have much to deal with it although the pilots must be of a particular calibur to handle these mechs. The combat is more close range or a balanced combination of both. As for the tory its majority war centric, and has alot of politics whichis what i love about it.

page 1 of 1 19 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.