Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 i just want to be normal friends with my friend. help? - Minitokyo

i just want to be normal friends with my friend. help?

page 1 of 1 15 total items

this story's going to be a long one...

oh and everybody's 16, most of us are sitting for our GCSE O levels (really major exams) but B isn't.

B (a friend who used to be close to me) sort of likes me, in the love kind of way but i don't like him back, but the problem is, he doesn't admit it though he probably knows he is. maybe i did in the past and did lead him on by text messaging him everyday and when his parents confiscated his handphone, i continued talking to him on the phone everyday and we went out at least three or four times in a month between november and december last year. that was when my whole 'family' thing began, encompassing various friends of mine from various schools (mostly from elite schools >.<) as different family members. so B became my elder brother pretty naturally.

at about november, i started text messaging another not-so-close friend of mine, W everyday and well, he and i became quite close and so i asked him to join my family. he asked to be my brother so i said ok.

so the routine was i'd message W everyday and i'd tell him about my problems and i'd talk to B everyday too, until about in early march this year, we had a 'family gathering' and then the monday after, i called B and we talked on the phone to about midnight and his parents caught him on the phone with me and they called my parents. so B's mum spread a hell lot of crap about me to my mum, causing me to lose my mum's trust. then my mum forced me to cut all ties with B and she checked my handphone records too (thankfully B had lost his handphone by then and his house number was a private number, so the records didn't really link me to him) and in short, i really cut ties with B.

at first i couldn't cope cos B was sort of like my emotional support and stuff like that, but slowly i became used to it and started confiding in W more than ever. i think B couldn't really cope without me too cos we were kind of... really close and stuff and he's the emo kind and always thinks about cutting his wrists (ok, he does cut his wrist) and committing suicide so... yeah. but that part was ok. cos the real problem only began much later.

after i sorta cut ties with B i just emailed him once in awhile. i admit, i used to say 'i love you' to him, but i had always meant it in a sibling sort of way. i don't know if he knew, but i don't think he does because unlike me, or any other 16 year old kid, he seems to be rather naive and is completely unable to differentiate between love, lust, like and crush. which makes things difficult because i cannot reject him like this. so anyway, i continued messaging W all the time and well, i know it's unfair to compare, but he's really been much better to me and i think the relationship between me and W is like that of best friends. but as i do post some stuff on my blog about what happens to me, B learns about me and W and in turn, he's somewhat jealous that W gets to solve all my problems for me etc etc and i'm like 'ummm okaays' cos i've got nothing to say to that.

oh and since W is my brother, it automatically makes B his brother too.

continuing. so there was this time where B started getting really weird, he kept messaging me (somehow he got his handphone back) and kept asking me if i loved him and i was all, 'what the hell?!'. he kept calling me in class and he messaged things like 'do you love me? i need to know. now.' and i'm like O.o and cos i didn't want to answer his calls, he started calling my other friends (who are also in my family) and harrassing them about me. apparently he has also been sort of 'harrassing' my other friend, V and all he calls her about is to talk about me. and she's frustrated with his behaviour but she doesn't want to hurt him cos we're all quite good friends and he keeps crying to her at night so she kind of... feels sorry for him. but she's irrtated with B because he's like a child, when he has a new toy, he'll just throw the old one aside.

B had been introduced to cosplaying by me and now he is a cosplayer, so while the cosplaying conventions had been going on basically he just buried himself in cosplaying and stopped harrassing all of us. which was OK, but then again everything ended and now he's back. he doesn't have important exams to worry about, but me, V and W all have.

W has tried to counsel B because W has in a sense, been there, done that cos he was suicidal etc before, but B is sort of afraid of W cos W acted gay and flirted with B once. and plus, B is kind of jealous of W, so nothing W says would really work.

basically, all i want to do is just for B and me to become normal friends. i don't know if pretending i have a boyfriend and thus i'd be unable to care so much for B as i used to before would work, but W has warned me that it might backfire on me and hurt B even more. and now, even V can't help me at all.

right now i couldn't really care if B really liked me in the love kind of way any more, but i really need a solution to my huge mess of a problem. i don't want to ask my other friends for help because there's a lot of things that i guess i've hidden so well from them that i can't tell them any more, and most importantly, i've already embroiled W in this mess, i don't think i should trouble anyone else any more.

help, please? T.T

oh and to know the full story (with it's 'updates' and all on how i screwed up more) please read the whole forum thread... thanks. >.<

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

you cant say 'i love you' for the one one you dont love, especially if he loves you, there must be a misunderstanding o. 0
u need to talk to him that you like him as a brother or friend. if he's a good guy he'll understand. because what you did to him made him have some hopes. then he's confused because you said you loved him but you also hangin out with W. he wants your true answer about your feelings, do you love him or W? well, he's just jealous -_-
after you tell him bout your feelings, you must act like usual, so that you and B will be friends ( and he could find another girl. well if this happen, you have to support him :P)

Signature

riku1212

riku1212

love hurts so much!

you can tell him that you have feelings for another guy but you dont want to tell the other guy and w can fake to be that guy and you can ask b if he can help you with your problem and that mite make you work toghether and become friends.

you never know you love someone until you'ev lost them.
join: shugo-chara TWEWYnabari-no-ou dark-palace katekyo-hitman-reborn

well, um. thanks for the advice? >.< but yeah, i rejected B before. as in, i just told him that i didn't care what way he liked me, but i just didn't love him in that manner. then i told him again (all via text messages) recently that i was kinda uncomfortable with his constant saying of 'love you sis' and stuff like that and he said 'yeah think i understand... you don't love me any more. i'm sorry for all that happened. just hope i made you happy once. maybe it's better if you forget me.' and i was all what the hell?! and so i asked W for help and he told me to tell B this (i think if B found out W was helping me all along he'd so want to kill someone) 'i love you as a brother and friend. and i don't wanna lose you. but i think that you're kinda going a bit overboard with your affection? i know siblings are supposed to love one another etc but there's always times when even siblings don't see eye to eye.' and then B said 'haha you say i'm going overboard. but i feel like you don't care about me at all.'

so now i'm like, what the hell?! W told me not to reply. and even without him telling me that, i've got nothing left to say either.

must it really be that to show that someone cares you have to keep saying 'i love you' so much that it borders on being incessant?

and B is sorta jealous and upset and stuff about me confiding in W about my problems but uh... B is one of my major problems... how am i gonna tell that to the problem himself? -.-"

on a side note, i think that B's feeling jealous is a bit... well, the main difference about B and W (i don't mean to compare, but yeah) is that W tells me things to, he confides in me as well, which makes it a two-way relationship, whereas with B... it's sort of like he knows loads about me and i barely know much about him, so... yeah.

ahhhhh. what do you people think? >.<

priincess

priincess

?doing fun

B'll respect you more if you say that you arent ready for relationship instead of saying you just like him as a brother.

Signature

ahh. i think i just screwed everything up with what i told him yesterday. going to call B and thrash stuff out with him on saturday using W's handphone. what the hell.

jake09valencor

jake09valencor

Learning tO Fly !

waH......soo complicated ehh....(o.O)

Bad timing agen (got ur exam coming soon)....all i can say good luck
Sowie i couldnt be a help ~ i'll support ur decision !

Signature Image

God damn, at least use some fake names instead of just letters...

erm ok? thanks for the support.. oh and what B (it's kinda hard to use fake names... cos B might come here >.<) said to me was 'i understand. i actually love you as my sister and a good friend. no i wasn't expecting you to say you love me so much. nor am i expecting you to think of me 24/7. all i want is for you to show SOME care for your brother. like have a chat ONCE IN A WHILE and not never. i'm supposed to be a friendbut you're making me more like strangers or just acquaintances. seems like you don't care about me any more. if that's what you're trying to bring across then i'm sorry. you taught me not to have expectations already...'

cos what i said to him was 'look. i don't want this to drag on any more. i know you care about me and stuffs and i don't know if you love me in a friend way or whatever but i don't really care now. i do care for you as a friend, honestly but you can't expect me to think of you 24/7 cos it's impossible to ask me to do that for every friend i have. i know the truth hurts but i'd rather it end sooner than later. it's impossible for us to return to being as close as we used to be now. it's no one's fault, ok, maybe mine. the connection's lost and at the end of things, somehow i feel that i barely know you. so yeah. i've got nothing left to say except that i really can't show that i care or anything by saying 'i love you' so much that it borders on incessant. and yes, i AM kinda freaked when you say you love me. sorry.'

was i too harsh? according to W, i was. then again, that was all i wanted to say to B... and he doesn't even know that if he was just a normal friend, i wouldn't even really bother to keep in contact only until when i'm looking through my contacts and think that 'oh crap, i haven't talked to you in like, forever' then i talk to you...

but still. i'm calling him on saturday. wish me good luck cos i don't want to lose a friend...

and i don't want B to cause any more troubles cos my preliminary examinations begin in 2 weeks... >.< so do W's, i think. ahh.

Ok .... i'm going to be blunt. I cant really say too much as i dont know the people but from what you have said this is what I think. I think that you are blowing this out of proportion. You are thinking too much about the fact that B may love you. But I also think B is taking the whole love thing a little too far as well. You seem to have been neglecting B, possibly running away from his love in a away because you dont what him to think of you like that.. you only want him as a friend. You see W as a way to get a guy friend to talk to you and open up, but just be wary of his motives. As you get older you will realise that people are not what they seem and they usually have some hidden reason for doing and acting like they do. Sometimes you may think you know some one but you may not. By the sounds of it B like attention (I'm not talking about the cutting issue, that is serious). I think that he found you like his rock. Someone that he could always rely on to pay attention to him... and then that was taken away. You have to understand that it would be hard for him not to have someone around all the time... he may be finding it hard to connect to other.
I guess i cant really say too much because i dont know these people and i dont know their pasts.
All i can say is goodluck and i hope things work out.

Quote by GinaRyuuMitsukoYou see W as a way to get a guy friend to talk to you and open up, but just be wary of his motives. As you get older you will realise that people are not what they seem and they usually have some hidden reason for doing and acting like they do. Sometimes you may think you know some one but you may not..

erm. thanks for your concern.. (: but i know that W can be trusted after a few stuff that kinda tested my trust in him and well... i've sort of betrayed his trust before but he's forgiven me, so for now we're ok.. but yeah. er W's a close friend actually. he's kinda like your average best friend except he's a guy. >.<

Quote by GinaRyuuMitsukoBy the sounds of it B like attention (I'm not talking about the cutting issue, that is serious). I think that he found you like his rock. Someone that he could always rely on to pay attention to him... and then that was taken away. You have to understand that it would be hard for him not to have someone around all the time... he may be finding it hard to connect to other.

yeah i get what you mean, it is like that.. cos all along, B hasn't really had any true friends and being from an elite boys school, guys are supposed to be tough etc, being weak or over emotional is kinda frowned upon... so yeah. but much as i can sympathise with him and stuff.. i really can't go back to being close friends with him any more.

oh and cos i called B on saturday to thrash things out using W's phone... well, B was happy i called him but upset cos i was with W... he was crying but basically he just lied to me and W that he wasn't. so as not to hurt his feelings and not make him feel that W has replaced him in my life, i told him that i liked W and W liked me back and that we were going to try dating. which was a big mistake. and now i can't turn back and say sorry for lying but i need to carry on the facade and remedy it at the same time.

my friend V now has to do 'damage control' for me. >.< and according to her, my life is like a drama serial - i like another guy, B likes me. i don't like B. i'm close friends with W and V. then i proceed to pretend to be boyfriend and girlfriend with W and in turn, B confides more in V. usually, in a drama serial scenario, V would fall for B (which in real life would not happen) and maybe me and W would just go together. and maybe B would let go and learn to love V. ahhh.

would it all be much easier if things played out like that?

sigh.

Nubes

Nubes

Blah blah blah!!!

well... ur story is kinda... I don't know, like a soap opera? :D

but anyways... U seem to belong to a high class society, so is he?

Anyway, I think he's kinda psycho, do u like him as a man or as a friend? If the 1rst is correct, u should give it a try, but never say what a man needs to hear just to please him . That's not correct if u don't even feel what he feels.

If u see him as a friend, better not give him a break, becuz if u want his friendship, u might lost a good psycho friend.

I have to tell u, that this happens in that age, the hormones are flying withouth direction, and everyone tend to lean on these ways of thinking and feeling becuz you are young and dont know nothing about love and those sh!t. U're livin a platonic love influence!

I assure u, that when the storm pass by, ur friendship'll be better.

Good day.

Quote by Nubeswell... ur story is kinda... I don't know, like a soap opera? :D

but anyways... U seem to belong to a high class society, so is he?

yeah, being in 'elite schools' does make us a sort of 'high class society' kinda people... majority of the elite schools are independent, resulting in the school having lots of students who come from rich families... and yup, me, B and W are all from top schools in my country... the elite schools, huh.

oh and yes, it's starting to become like my literature set text for o levels, shakespeare's a midsummer's night dream...

Quote by NubesIf u see him as a friend, better not give him a break, becuz if u want his friendship, u might lost a good psycho friend.

i see him as a friend that's all, but i don't know how to resolve this so as to not lose a friend... >.<

Masteraugmenta8

Masteraugmenta8

Sushi Skin Man

ahhh...pfft! just tell him truthfully what's on your mind and if he still comes at you with that weird act of his, i guess it's time you ignore him. It may be awkward down the road but if you wanna still be friends with him, i think this is something you have to talk out with him "FACE TO FACE" no texting, no cellphones, not through a friend, just good ol face to face. Tell him the way he's been acting and tell him what you want this relationship to be but also listen properly to what he says.

Keep me posted =.=

Signature Image
People go on living as long as they remain in someone's memory ~Kaim Argonar

Quote by Masteraugmenta8It may be awkward down the road but if you wanna still be friends with him, i think this is something you have to talk out with him "FACE TO FACE" no texting, no cellphones, not through a friend, just good ol face to face.

T.T i DO want to talk to him face to face... but it's impossible cos my mum goes ballistic and stuff if she knows i'm going to meet a GUY... and if i were to, i'd meet B at V's house, and my mum (for some odd reason) doesn't like V and thinks she's a bad influence on me when actually, i think i'm the bad influence, so i can't really go to V's house.

it's not just that, i'm having my o levels this year, so i want to solve my problems right now before the exams begin, it's just 67 days to go as of now. i'm just scared B will come and 'haunt' me, V and W during that period and... i'm just scared of the consequences. so yeah. >.<

merged: 08-27-2008 ~ 06:24am
and so. i told B the truth. that i lied to him. etc.

and then he said 'if you want me to disappear, i will.'

i've been avoiding him since.. and he hasn't talked to me since..

page 1 of 1 15 total items

Back to Love, Friends & Family | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.