Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 On Lunamaria Hawke - Minitokyo

On Lunamaria Hawke

Tagged under Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny

page 1 of 1 10 total items

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

Well, with my Stellar/Shinn/Lunamaria boards I have probably been beating around the bush on this one. I'll just be copy-pasting a bit I had writtenon Lunamaria for my Lunamaria shrine ("Lunar Destiny"). This makes me an obvious fan. In any case:

Lunamaria's general impression, upon myself atleast, calls for mixed feelings. It was easy to tell, however, that she was bubbly and had a curious dispostition. Now, the fault that leads many viewers to ramble on into disputes about her, wrongly, I believe, is the fact that she bonds very easily to any one person, and mistakes such bonds as deeper affection. It's also very obvious, also, that Lunamaria is an open and honest person, shown in her immediate liking and interest of Alex Dino (Athrun Zala).

[SHIP] Lunamaria soon moves on from her crush on Athrun Zala, due to the events concerning Meyrin's death, his betrayal, and Shinn's sudden affections for her, and enters into a relationship of sorts with pilot Shinn Asuka. This, while not immediately a better relationship for Lunamaria, due to emotional distress, has the potential for a great relationship. Disregarding Stellar, as to not bring on hords of yelling Stellar fans, as myself am one, Lunamaria is much more fit for Shinn. One, the her mental stability and strength is higher thant Stellar's, who tragically had a traumatic, short life. Also, while at the moment didnt seem it, Shinn was also a good thing from Lunamaria later on, acting as a certain pedestal.

They are really the firm support that they needed, for each other. [/SHIP]

But above all I believe that some people hate Lunamaria because of Maryke Hendrikse, the english voice actress who destroyed Lunamaria. Everything that Maryke did to Lunamaria in the dub ended badly, and changed the qualities Maaya Sakamoto had given her in the japanese audio. I urge anyone who hasn't to watch GSD in japanese.

So: Love Lunamaria, hate her? Commence! Only, please think before you post, and post intelligently. Any misuse will be reported.

FrostyWolf359

FrostyWolf359

Fire is fr33....

Well I love Lunamaria Hawke. I think she is a much better match for Shinn than Stellar. Stellar was a bit too damaged in my opinion (I do still like her by the way) and it was always gonna end in disaster. Luna on the other hand has been with Shinn throughout training and from the begining of the series so she probably understands him better. The Luna / Shinn relationship has a great potential and in my opinion should last very long (unless the director decides otherwise).

Everything rotates anti-clockwise except clocks and Venus.

i love ms.hawke!
especially her voice cast...who is actually a singer of so many things....LIKe cARD captor's third op song called purachina....
and shes the voice of fujioka haruhi in ouran....
her name is.....
SAKAMOTO MAAYA!
A VERY NICE AND GOOD-OLD SINGER!

Why are you blaming the voice actor? You're making a poor judgment on this. I haven't even watched the English version of Gundam SEED/DESTINY and I still don't like her character for many reasons that you mentioned above.

Honestly, you can perceive the exact opposite from what you mentioned above.She can be considered dishonest and unstable character too. She was dishonest with her own feelings and many of her comrades. And She was unstable because she switched between one person to another without giving a little bit thought to it.

Her character had the least development among others. Personally I still can't figure out what she felt or thought about Athrun, Kira, Lacus, Cagalli, or any other character in the end. All she did was jump into her mobile suite and blow off other ships, and follow orders blindly.

xxKurumi

xxKurumi

inexplicably green

Quote by ealpha-scorpioWhy are you blaming the voice actor? You're making a poor judgment on this. I haven't even watched the English version of Gundam SEED/DESTINY and I still don't like her character for many reasons that you mentioned above.

Honestly, you can perceive the exact opposite from what you mentioned above.She can be considered dishonest and unstable character too. She was dishonest with her own feelings and many of her comrades. And She was unstable because she switched between one person to another without giving a little bit thought to it.

Her character had the least development among others. Personally I still can't figure out what she felt or thought about Athrun, Kira, Lacus, Cagalli, or any other character in the end. All she did was jump into her mobile suite and blow off other ships, and follow orders blindly.

Of course, of course. For those reasons, I am sure many people dislike her. It's ridiculous to say "everyone hates her because of her voice actress", but I do speak for many by saying that. However, I do not speak for everyone-some people just don't like her (like yourself). I did not say that is the only reason to not like her, but I do like her so I felt no reason to state reasons not to like her.

Moreover, Maryke magnified many of Lunamaria's annoying qualities, and gave her qualities not originally assigned to her character. So, I do place some amount of blame on Maryke because she is the voice actress that gives Lunamaria her english character.

veeh4anime

veeh4anime

? KIRABOSHI

I've watched both the dub and the japanese .. personally, i think both are good! I own the Dub version since in my opinion, i prefer it that way. Yes, I know some people really are annoyed at the fact dub versions ruin the whole character image thing or whatever, but it still doesn't change the way I feel.
NOW about Lunamaria. Well, I don't have anything against her since I really didn't pay attention to her character. I just saw her as a character who is open and honest who had a crush on Athrun Zala.
Althought I support Shinn & Stellar, there's nothing bad to say about Lunamaria. But I was sad that Stellar died :( I really loved ShinnxStellar pairing!
In the end, I do like Lunamaria and have nothing against her and Shinn.
THE END :D

OYAKATA-SAMAAAAAAAAA!
Signature

I have to adnit that Lunamaria is the sole and main reason why I started to watch the series and liked Gundam ever since. She will always be my number one female anime character. I somehow felt and was expecting Luna to end up with Shinn right from the start and think she is more suitable for Shinn than Stellar. Stellar was like a reminder of Shinn's little sister on how he wanted to protect her but couldn't due to many factors and circumstances, not that he couldn't.

shinn23

shinn23

The Untitled Condemner

I kinda hate Lunamaria at first because she was just a part of Athrun's harem... always following Athrun...
but when she enters a relationship with Shinn... i really like her more...
from the start... i felt that she is more suited with Shinn...

I have no clue why people think Lunamaria is a bad character, she is a really good character who can be kind and forgiving especially towards Shinn.

HaouJudai6

HaouJudai6

Meiyo Hades

I like luna but like all people shes got faults and thats ok but thats one of the reasons i like her also shes caring and would always care for friends

"Each our of lives individually small,
we're all part of the universe. If we understand this,feel it burn within us,life can shine. Anyone's"

-Pope Sage Saint Seiya Lost Canvas-

page 1 of 1 10 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.