Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Anyone looking forward to Fallout 3? - Minitokyo

Anyone looking forward to Fallout 3?

After reading this thread - are you more interested in the game?

Yes, its gonna be awesome!
2 votes
No way!
0 votes
I'm buying it when it hits the stores!
1 votes
We'll see...
1 votes

Only members can vote.

page 1 of 1 13 total items

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

I've been looking forward tothe next installment in the Fallout series for quite some time now.
I was really happy to see that Bethesda Softworks took over - especially since they did such a awesome job with Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.
It was named best Playstation 3 game of E3 2008 ... that HAS to say something. ^^
Release is 10/7/2008 - are you ready?

I was curious -

-if anyone else was looking forward to this game
-if anyone knew any new news about its features, gameplay, etc
-what was everyone's favorite parts from the previous games
-what is everyone looking forward to in this new installment

If you came across this thread and were wondering what this RPG game was or would like more information on it, clickHERE.

Here's another website with tons of information: No Mutants Allowed

Personally - I'm really pumped about the graphics, effects, the real-time play, the voice actors, the fact that its offered on PC, Playstation 3, xbox360, the possible 10,000 endings that are completely dependant on the actions of the player throughout the game (every game will be different! XD ), a full 100 hours of gameplay, and that the map will be as large as Oblivion's. :D

http://www.megatonik.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/03/fallout3.jpg
The Cover of the Game

http://news.filefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/fallout3scans1.jpg
http://news.filefront.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/fallout3scans2.jpg
Scans about the game from PCGamer that tell details about Fallout 3

Here's a gameplay video showing what Fallout 3 has to offer.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/37142.html

I'd love to know if there are any other fans out there and what they think. :)
Also, after the game comes out - I'd like people to keep us updated on how the game turns out. ^^

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

To be completely honest, I don't know a whole lot about the ins and outs of the game aside of some trailers I had seen. HOWEVER, all that needs to be said is... Bethesda. I plan on snagging this one day on the ole PS3. Hopefully I will have already dealt with the buttload of RPG's that are about to hit. Oh my wallet is going to be crying in the coming months.

The real question is... can I get to level 9999 on Disgaea 3 before Fallout comes out?

Under construction. Who doesn't like plain text anyway?

LordEndervonHellsing

LordEndervonHellsing

Spirit of Sparta

I cannot simply not look forward to playing fallout 3. It's a being a fan thing. Still, I am so Angry at the Interplay for the death of Van Buren project (the original Fallout 3) that it's over 9000. I'm gonna make them finish it some day ;), especially that it has been almost finished at the moment it was abandoned.
I am curious though what the reception for the brand-new Bethesta Fallout 3 will be. I will love the game no matter what, since it is fallout after all, plus you have the voice of Morgan Freeman, and few other interesting looking things. We shall see. Only thing that annoys me: What the hell is F3 doing on PS3? It was a sacred ground only for PCs to thread on... I feeel it's horribly wrong to try to consolize the most legendary of all RPGs...

Signature Image
I am the conformer, the bright sunlight that wipes all sorrow.

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

It's horribly wrong to consolize the most legendary of all RPGs? So you are saying it's wrong to try to open the game up to a wider audience? Quite frankly, without it being on a console a lot of us (myself included) would never get a chance to play it. I'm not patient nor rich enough to keep up with system specs to enjoy many PC games, but I can plop down a couple hundred dollars every few years for a new console. As long as they take the time to make it a good experience across the board, reaching out to a wider audience can only be a good thing.

LordEndervonHellsing

LordEndervonHellsing

Spirit of Sparta

As far as till now, I saw only PS3 version of Fallout 3 being advertised. I thought that meant F3 being released ONLY for PS3 and that's wrong, not releasing it for new ports itself.

merged: 08-11-2008 ~ 11:11am
BTW, just as releasing any game only for one platform. This applies especially to Final Fantasy series.

Signature Image

yothsothgoth

yothsothgoth

You came along and cut me loose

Yeah, I understand. If they'd only made it for PS3... I'd have cried. They've only said PS3, Windows PC, and Xbox 360 as of yet. I wonder what the specs on the computer will have to be to play it... I'm sure it'll be like Oblivion's specs. Even then, it'd run pretty slow on my computer and it'll take me forever to buy it. T_T

LordEndervonHellsing

LordEndervonHellsing

Spirit of Sparta

Makes me feel better. Although it still would feel a bit odd playing it on PS... I guess I will have to resign of buying the nightmare armor (there is bunch of guys who makes custom-made armors, like Fallout's powered armor ^^ ) and get my PC upgraded ;)

Signature Image

Getting Fallout 3 on the 360 since it will have alot more content than the PS3 ver. and PC ver.

Inversion988

Inversion988

....Revived?

i'll be getting this on 360, whenever my system comes back from the grave A.K.A Microsoft(stupid red lights.) i'm sorta getting bored with playing Oblivion, but i'll be playing it until this comes out. any game that takes a long time to beat, i'm there.

Signature Image

shoujoboy

shoujoboy

Launching shoujoboy 2.0

Quote by Inversion988i'll be getting this on 360, whenever my system comes back from the grave A.K.A Microsoft(stupid red lights.) i'm sorta getting bored with playing Oblivion, but i'll be playing it until this comes out. any game that takes a long time to beat, i'm there.

And that's one of the biggest reasons I'll be getting it for the PS3. I've had 3 systems sent back to Microsoft with the old RROD. I take excellent care of everything and yet 360's break beyond my control. The only way Microsoft will learn is if you take the time to say "NO!" I used to buy multi-platform games based on extras, online possibilites or just better control. Now I just say "screw you Microsoft and your hatred of humanity" and buy it on the PS3.

Quote by yothsothgothI've been looking forward tothe next installment in the Fallout series for quite some time now.
I was really happy to see that Bethesda Softworks took over - especially since they did such a awesome job with Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion.
It was named best Playstation 3 game of E3 2008 ... that HAS to say something. ^^
Release is 10/7/2008 - are you ready?

The best part about Oblivion was that you didn't have to play it to be OP. Will Fallout 3 also be beatable by holding down the action button for a few hours to get skills up to 100?

Mant

Title? What's this?

Judging from the videos and general informations, i'll just take it so i can see how badly bethesda will have portraied the fallout world. Seriously, so far their concept of an rpg has always been in a whole different direction than any black isle's works, so i seriously doubt that they will be able to produce even a slight resemblance of those old glories.

Signature Image Ai

it's coming :D

page 1 of 1 13 total items

Back to Games | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.