Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Movies of 2008 - Minitokyo

Movies of 2008

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

Well there were alot of new movies that came out this year. What movies that debut this year did you see? And what did you think of them?

Right now I want to see "tropic thunder."

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I don't think I've seen any of the 2008 films, I always seem to be too busy to go hehe ^_^ but I have seen shutter and the lost boys the new tribe, didn't like the new lost boys movie but I did like shutter, that's a big duh hehe but I think that came out in 2007 as did the other one...can't remember, so I suppose I haven't seen any of the 2008 movies ^_^

BuBbLeS!

Signature

You should see the dark knight if you haven't yet. Its a great movie. I think the best this year!

Signature
You best be fearin' the ears baby.

supo

supo

Geisha=Artist

I saw Wanted it was amazing!
I want to see it again.

Signature Image

BalorYF19

BalorYF19

God of Death

I saw most of the movies that came out this year, bonuses of working there, and say that there was nothing the OMG. Yea the dark knight was a good movie and all, but it the same for every year. I think Hollywood has lost a lot of it taste and now just making sequels to movies that did huge money wise. Take next year it pretty much a sequel summer with ever big money movie in the past five years having one more come out. Shrek, X-men, talk of spider-man, and etc.

jasmint285

jasmint285

Merlin's Apprentice

has anyone seen Hellboy 2?
the trailer seems nice...
debating whether to get the DVD when its out

Signature
Being emotionally hurt is like having internal injury where the agonising pain kills you slowly without anyone knowing...and you can put on a brave front and smile at everyone around you to hide the fact that you're suffering...
Oh why did you have to do this to me?

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

I probably won't bother with the dark knight for some odd reason I don't watch movies when I don't like but one actor in it, I have missed out on some movies in the past on that, but that's how I am ^_^ but I was surfing the other day and noticed this vin disel movie out, but I have been hearing mixed reviews about it, that it's not all that great, but I like vin hehe ^_^ seen every movie of his, rather it's good or not ^_^

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Are you talking about "Babylon A.D.". I saw that yesterday, it looked interesting in the trailers but I was disappointed overall with it.

Umm...if we're talking about all the movies that came out in 2008, these are some that I saw:
1. Be Kind Rewind: I was expecting it to be funnier.
2. Jumper: The acting was sort of bleh..(sorry Hayden -_-) and so was the story. It was a good plot idea it's just that they shoved to many ideas and twists into one movie when they should have split it. First one they should have spent time developing the characters and then continued with all the other stuff in the sequel.
3. The Spiderwick Chronicles: I really like Freddie Highmore as an actor. Brilliant kid, but this just wasn't one of his better films.
4. The Other Boleyn Girl: If you like historical/drama/with a little touch of romance then you'll like this one. I thought it was pretty good.
5. 10,000 BC: Better than I expected. If you're not disturbed by the fact that this movie totally doesn't follow any sense historically, you'll enjoy it.
6. Horton Hears a Who!: Who doesn't like Dr.Seuss. Honestly.
7. 21: Good story. It was pretty interesting.
8. Wanted: Awesome! I loved it. :D
9. Harold & Kumar 2: First one's funnier and all around just better.
10. Iron Man: I enjoyed it. Looking forward to the sequel.
11. The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian : Ah..first one was better. Prince Caspian was so annoying.
12. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull :OMG, so disappointed. I was expecting it to be so much better. The acting was good..props to Shia LaBeouf & Harrison Ford they were great, but the story was...I don't want to leave any spoilers so I'll say that when it's finished you're like "WHAT?!?! What was that?"
13. The Incredible Hulk: I usually hate anything to do with the Hulk, but Edward Norton did an excellent job.
14. Batman: The Dark Knight : I'll report back once I've seen it. :) I heard it was outstanding.

This turned into a much longer list/review than I anticipated ^_^'

angelxxuan

angelxxuan

ぬいぐるみ !

Quote by jam0626Are you talking about "Babylon A.D.". I saw that yesterday, it looked interesting in the trailers but I was disappointed overall with it.

yep that's the one ^_^ everyone is telling me it was a disappointment, I am still trying to rack my brain but I can't remember if it was once a game/anime I can't remember been awhile for me ^_^

BuBbLeS!

Signature

Alden

Alden

Lose the Pride.

Click ----> Japanese Lover! ^_^

Chocolate - about girl and she's good in martial arts
The cheetah girl one world- music, dance and cute girls

Never give up!

I've heard that Richard Gere is supposed to be in a movie based on the Hachiko story. I haven't heard anything about release dates yet, but I'm really hoping to see it soon! It's supposed to come out before xmas of this year, but from the way things are looking, I doubt that that will happen.

Lacuslover81

Lacuslover81

One big and true lover of Lacus

what I saw i wanted to was adark knight, Iron man and Hulk.

A true lover of Lacus Member of Kira-and-Lacus-in-Love

The Dark Knight was by far the best movie that I encountered during the year of 2008. I was impressed at the way that it explored--without seeming too heavy-handed-- pertinent current issues, including terrorism, torture, and insanity. (Although it really was a terrible waste that the scriptwriters had Batman kill Harvey Dent. They could have easily used Two-Face as the villain of a subsequent film! It would have been interesting to flesh out the dichotomy between them-- the White Knight and the Dark Knight, both lovers of the same woman.)

Ironman was also an excellent movie. While it was not as deep or emotionally compelling as Dark Knight, it was a smart, slick, and funny film, and inspired my love affair with the character of Tony Stark. (Stark is BADA**.)

21 was a decent film, although it didn't strike me as truly excelling in any one area. It had a very interesting premise, however, and Kevin Spacey came across as a very complex and menacing character. (Although the lead could have been interchanged with any other young, handsome, mediocre actor.)

Wanted had an enormous amount of potential, and it had some pretty wicked fight scenes. However, it contained some elements that stretched the bounds of credibility, EVEN considering that it was a comic book movie. (.... The brotherhood of assassins choose their targets by reading names that are coded into the flaws of a magical cloth, a magical cloth that was created by an ancient brotherhood of weavers, who-- centuries before the creation of computers--were somehow able to decipher binary code. UH-HUH, SURE.)

The Other Boleyn Girl was a disappointment to anyone that was a fan of the book. I understand that drastic changes must sometimes be made in the transfer of a text to another medium, but I still believe that filmmakers should attempt to preserve the spirit of their source material-- WHICH IS KIND OF DIFFICULT WHEN YOU SWITCH THE FOCUS OF THE STORY TO AN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT CHARACTER.

The second installment in the Narnia series was somehow eminently watchable, although I suspect that it would have fallen apart if I'd watched it a second time and subjected it to careful scrutiny. I liked the way that they were careful to develop the Telmarines as a specific ethnic group; I was, however, less charmed with the random a** romance they tacked on to the conclusion.

Ghost Town was cute and funny, worth wasting a few hours on.

I also seem to be the only person who hated Kung Fu Panda. 8| As a person who highly respects the martial arts, I was highly unimpressed by the idea that a fat, lazy daydreamer such as Po could have gained any proficiency in kung fu with any amount of training.

...And I seem to have rambled on for half a page. xD Signing off.

evilryu979

No Life King

Saw the movies i wanted..for the most part
Dark Knight, Ironman, The Incredible Hulk, Quantum Of Solace
....didnt watch as many movies as i usually do...but ill def have to make up for lost time this year!

"Bitch is hardcore!" - Slither

1. Dark Knight
2. Iron Man
3. The Incredible Hulk
4. Tropic Thunder
5. Burn After Reading
6. Wanted
7. Hancock
8. Quantum of Solace
9. Indiana Jones
10. Seven Pounds

Those are my top ten

ScarXHeart

ScarXHeart

Make the best memories in life

Pineapple Express (LOVED it!), Tropic Thunder (awesome!)
Kung Fu Panda, Hancock, The Dark Knight,... forgots...

The great movie is Wanted

Hancok
Wanted

esas dos

Wanted and Transporter 3

Iron Man
Kung Fu Panda
RED CLIFF
Indiana Jones

page 1 of 1 23 total items

Back to Music & Movies | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.