Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 MKVs to AVI -- Subtitle Help - Minitokyo

MKVs to AVI -- Subtitle Help

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 9 total items

I've always had the problem when I try to convert MKV anime episodes to AVI. Whenever I convert them, the subtitles never get hardsubbed in the AVI file. I use the program Total Video Converter to convert. Usually when MKVs have dual-audio, in TVC in the Audio Track section it has Audio 0, Audio 1, etc. to choose from. But I'm not sure how to hard-sub the subtitles onto the file. I have the same problem with OGM videos that have softsubs for subtitles.

Does anyone know how to do this? Or know of any other program that can convert matroska video files to AVI with the subtitles?

Thanks for any information!

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

I use a program called "alltoAVI" for this.

I think I have used that program before. I don't remember ^_^' , but do you know for sure that you can convert MKVs and hard-sub the subtitles? Because Total Video Converter can convert MKVs, just the subtitles never get hard-subbed.

Edit: I got AlltoAvi, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to be Vista compatible, according to someone under the Help section on their website... But the program was able to find the subtitle files in the MKV, it just won't convert.

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

Oh. Well, I use XP, so I wouldn't know about Vista incompatibility problems. ^^;;

Unfortunately, that's the only program I know that integrates the subtitles into the AVI file. (You can even choose between four different subtitle sizes.) All other programs I tried made separate files for each, or didn't include the subs at all.

Why would you want to convert a mkv file to avi just because you want to embed the subtitles to the video file?

Mkv are mostly used for HD content and you can use VLC to play it.

As for altoavi, try this in Vista...

Install the program, create a shortcut to desktop.
Right click on shortcut and select properties.
Click the compability tab, enable the OS you want to be compatible with, and
check run this as administrator check box. Click apply, Ok, and see how it works.

Signature

I needed to convert them to AVI becuase I burn all my anime to DVDs with Nero. But Nero doesn't support MKVs. I like to download anime in MKV format though because the frame size is usually larger and the picture is much clearer.

Thanks to both of you! AlltoAvi worked once I did what you said tiki223. It was also missing a codec, which was contributing to the problem. ^_^'

mokkorri

www.freewebs.com/acrossanimez

try to download new codec packs from www.free-codecs.com or just google KLITE Codec pack

Sigimage deleted because it is in violation of the guidelines for signature uploading

there are free converters out there
better search

merged: 11-10-2008 ~ 11:52am
there are also complete codecs that are free

make use of what you have currently.. focus on the present with the past to guide you and the future to look forward to..

would you care listing some of those free codecs?

page 1 of 1 9 total items

Back to Computers & Internet | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.