Warning: Undefined array key "HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/includes/common.inc.php on line 360 Chobits: What is this "thing"? - Minitokyo

Chobits: What is this "thing"?

Tagged under Chobits

This thread is closed for posting.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

I have just watched Chobits the 10 time now, but i wonder on something: What is this "thing" that will happen, when Chii doesnt find this person for herself?! what is this, what will happen than?! Please can anybody answer me this question?!

She dies. That is all her memories/files will be deleted. Remember that's what happened to Freya I believe. She fell in love with that one guy but because he was married they could never be together so she basically went insane and died.

Spoiler (show)

Chobits manga shows clearly that if Chi/Elda doesn't find the one for herself, she would terminate all Persocoms ability to recognize their masters. This way, no Persocom would have a chance to be disappointed and hurt the way she -- and Freya -- would be. The manga explains -- and make us think -- why Chi's factory reset switch is inside her vagina. The one just for Chi cannot give her an orgasm without killing her by destroying her mind. Chi was built to remain pure and receive the purest form of love, something tough for the one just for her. I doubt Freya -- the goddess of love and fertility in the Norse mythology -- had her factory reset switch in the same place as Chi's. Freya shows she truly and deeply loves Chi by keeping her safe from violation and helping Chi to find the one just for her. When the one just for her reclaims his place, Freya rests.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

Northy

Northy

Guys are human as well.

That's the manga, though. The anime does in no way imply this. In fact, the difference with the manga compared to the anime is that in the manga, Chii finding her special someone has her NOT running her special program, while in the anime, she does. So said program has different tasks, though the anime doesn't really explain what the program does. Chii's supposed "death" didn't have anything to do with whether Hideki responded to her or not. It was something she chose for herself, even after he had responded positively to the idea of being in love with a Persocom.

Northy's right, I wrote about Chobits manga. But, if you want to understand Chobits story completely, you need to watch the anime and read the manga. Both stories are complementary. The anime and the manga differences and misalignments happens because of the different memories: Chi/Elda's in the anime and Hideki's in the manga. The anime end is so beautiful and emotive but lacks information. The manga end has its beauty and emotion, less than the anime, but supplies the needed information.
Chi didn't die in the anime end. Freya did. Freya asked Chitose to factory reset her. Chi remained alive, encapsulated in the dead Freya the same way Elda did with Freya before becoming Chi. Chi realized it would be tougher to never see Hideki again than to try to have a relationship with Hideki and somehow broke the capsule and take control of her own body.

Mene, mene, tekel, parsin

Kan-tastic

Kan-tastic

Grind.

This 'thing' is CLAMP.... run before it sucks you in! xD

I can't stay here with every single hope I had shattered...

beyondmeasure

From the mind comes the query.

One (read: ME) wonders why the anime didn't include such niceties.

page 1 of 1 7 total items

Back to In-depth Discussions | Active Threads | Forum Index

Only members can post replies, please register.

Warning: Undefined array key "cookienotice" in /var/www/minitokyo/www/html2/footer.html on line 73
This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Read more.